Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

second

in relation to Sturridge, it could be anything. He may have inadvertently told someone that he's on his way to West Brom and they told someone and so on.
    That's what I'd like to imagine what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Generic new thread comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

3rd and liverpool WILL win the league this year !
    So there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Only positive emojis please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    second

in relation to Sturridge, it could be anything. He may have inadvertently told someone that he's on his way to West Brom and they told someone and so on.

source.gif

Googled Sturridge gif and immediately found that, which I found to be quite topical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Dammit I'm outside the top 6. Now I know what it feels like to support United. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    second

To be honest if it took the FA 8 months of investigating and then bringing charges and that is all that happened that would be hugely ridiculous by the FA.

Then again it's the English FA so it might just be that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

To be honest if it took the FA 8 months of investigating and then bringing charges and that is all that happened that would be hugely ridiculous by the FA.

Then again it's the English FA so it might just be that.
    it'll turn out it was them that leaked the info :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Dammit I'm outside the top 6. Now I know what it feels like to support United. :(

I thought you'd have years of experience by now.;)

I thought you'd have years of experience by now.;)

Before! Before! You're living in the past CC, stop living in the past! :pac:

• Advertisement

Before! Before! You're living in the past CC, stop living in the past! :pac:

Oh the irony of it..........

Oh the irony of it..........

Hence the laughing face at the end, you know this thing, :pac:.

One year ago this was Liverpool's defence relative to the rest of teh Prem

2017-11-26-pl-def.png

and now

2018-11-12-pl-def.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

dogbert27 wrote:
    Dammit I'm outside the top 6. Now I know what it feels like to support United.

The obsession persist....
    It makes my so emotional seeing this that a tear or two almost slipped out

brinty wrote: »
    The obsession persist....
    It makes my so emotional seeing this that a tear or two almost slipped out

2ba3ef7fedcf0cdb9bbf2d13898dab92.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dogbert got a twofor.

Missed the end of the last thread, are we allowed to discuss the Sturridge stuff or is out off limits?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Dogbert got a twofor.

Missed the end of the last thread, are we allowed to discuss the Sturridge stuff or is out off limits?

tenor.gif?itemid=7914122

You know they're always there, just have to use the right bait! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Trent won rising star, Mo won PL player of the year and Ox got goal of the year at the Northwest Football Awards yesterday....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The first 11 from the last game are out on International duty Alisson, TAA, Gomez, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Gini, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah & Fun Bobby.

Subs out on International duty Mignolet, Lovren, Keita, Henderson.

Kelleher & Solanke picked for their Countries Under 21's

Origi, Sturridge, Lallana & Moreno not picked by their Countries.

Milner & Matip retired.

Ox & Brewster recovering from injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭mosstin

One year ago this was Liverpool's defence relative to the rest of teh Prem

2017-11-26-pl-def.png

and now

2018-11-12-pl-def.png

I don't understand fucking graphs and charts and shit. A moron in a modern footballing world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

robwen wrote: »
    Indeed - Inter would never have taken him. Muppet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is it based around one bet...or is that only part of it?

It's actually insulting and stereotyping too.

They're basically saying a blue collar worker should not have 5 figure sums to bet.

Is what happened a blue collar worker thought out of all the clubs showing reported interest that Sturridge would choose the biggest named club and threw a stupid amount of money on it and when it didn't happen went complaining about it in his local paper?

I mean that just sounds stupid. Sturridge being charged for a losing bet?!

Another explanation is that with a 5 figure sum on a stupid bet that money laundering was going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,993 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's actually insulting and stereotyping too.

They're basically saying a blue collar worker should not have 5 figure sums to bet.

Is what happened a blue collar worker thought out of all the clubs showing reported interest that Sturridge would choose the biggest named club and threw a stupid amount of money on it and when it didn't happen went complaining about it in his local paper?

I mean that just sounds stupid. Sturridge being charged for a losing bet?!

Another explanation is that with a 5 figure sum on a stupid bet that money laundering was going on.

I don't think that was the insinuation.. I think the insinuation is that if you are betting a five figure sum, and you're not a millionaire, that you very likely have some sort of inside information cause otherwise you'd be really really stupid.

Article says the bet was placed before the public links with him and Inter.

And most importantly, the article also says that there is no sign that this is the incident Sturridge is being investigated over.
    The twitter headline is a load of **** and directly contradicted by the article;
    "The Football Association has refused to confirm whether it is considering the bet in relation to its investigation into Sturridge for alleged gambling breaches."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭mosstin

robwen wrote: »

Figured it all out lads. Just a huge misunderstanding. Italian club. Five figure sum. Liverpool.

Inter were trying to get him on the cheap again. Bloody Italian clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

mosstin wrote: »
    I don't understand fucking graphs and charts and shit. A moron in a modern footballing world.

You're not alone there in fairness. There's a lot of them in fact, playing, coaching and supporting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭garra

In the grand scheme of footballer faux-pas, an innocuous revelation of a loan move does not scratch the surface of drink driving or biting opponents, or even spitting on a United fan. Some rationality in the conversation is needed; before, during and after the witch-hunt!

mosstin wrote: »

Basically your team is really really good at defending if in the top left corner and not if in the bottom right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

betting should be outlawed anyway tbh,gambling is a bloody scurge and ruins a lot of people,the amount of advertising nowadays is sickening pushing people to bet bet bet on everything its crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Kelleher & Solanke picked for their Countries Under 21's.

Kelleher in the senior Ireland squad this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

shamrock55 wrote: »
    betting should be outlawed anyway tbh,gambling is a bloody scurge and ruins a lot of people,the amount of advertising nowadays is sickening pushing people to bet bet bet on everything its crazy

Yeah, push it underground. Much better. Prohibition works.

Seems like there's more to unfold on this Sturridge thing. Very odd story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,737 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Betting shouldn't be outlawed.

However, it's a luxury and should be taxed heavily. At least 10% imo. They get away with tiny tax tbh.

I've seen it reckoned that someone who thought Sturridge was off to Inter (as rumoured) placed a big bet on that and when he went to WBA instead rather got the hump and phoned the fuzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Could say the exact same thing about alcohol but that doesn’t mean it should be outlawed. Everything just needs tighter regulation, but that only goes so far. I agree that it’s a scourge, but like any drug, it’s a scourge that’s entirely avoidable for the majority of people if they so wish. Those with addictive personalities or ones who tend to overindulge with anything are the ones that will be negatively affected by such things, they’d benefit from much tighter regulation to an extent, but outlawing an entire industry isn’t the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Whatever about banning gambling altogether online gambling should be gotten rid of, it's one thing to go out of your way and go to a betting shop its another to be able to throw away an entire month's wages in one evening sat at home on your phone or laptop, believe me it happens and I've done it myself, at least you can only drink so much alcohol in a day or wk or whatever, you can lose everything you have gambling

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

It'll never be outlawed and nor should it be but something has to be done about the advertising of it. Half the ads (if not more) during half time breaks are for betting companies. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Whatever about banning gambling altogether online gambling should be gotten rid of, it's one thing to go out of your way and go to a betting shop its another to be able to throw away an entire month's wages in one evening sat at home on your phone or laptop, believe me it happens and I've done it myself, at least you can only drink so much alcohol in a day or wk or whatever, you can lose everything you have gambling

Agree that the online side is the scourge,too easy for 18/19 year olds to be acting bookie for younger and getting them into it very early.I bet online but i am much older,the things are going now alot dont mature till they are in their thirties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Each to their own, not everybody has a gambling problem and throws away an hours wage never mind a days/week wage or a ridiculous months wage.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but why penalise people that can have a bit of fun playing the bookie.

Maybe more regulations should be put in place but at the end of day, people should be able to spend their money how they seem fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This is a wonderful post. Not only is it funny, it’s clearly hit home so hard that Man U fans feel the need to pop in and comment on it. :pac:
    Well played.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    This is a wonderful post. Not only is it funny, it’s clearly hit home so hard that Man U fans feel the need to pop in and comment on it. :pac:
    Well played.

Ah,we just pop in to make sure the obsession continues. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Cantona's collars - somthing I believe should have been put down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

monkey9 wrote: »
    Well played.

The obsession is strong with this one.....
    embrace the obsession
    Let it define you...

Just don’t get overly emotional about it..
    it’s a slippery slope..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

This is the Liverpool thread?

Just confused by all the Utd supporters in here. I don't want to accidentally post in the Utd thread and seem obsessed.

If it is the Liverpool page, 3rd!*

*post by an actual Liverpool fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Each to their own, not everybody has a gambling problem and throws away an hours wage never mind a days/week wage or a ridiculous months wage.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but why penalise people that can have a bit of fun playing the bookie.

Maybe more regulations should be put in place but at the end of day, people should be able to spend their money how they seem fit.

I don't think it should be banned, I am in favour of betting limits and also believe bookies should be forced to get proof of the source of funds over a certain amount.

Really the only person putting €5K on Sturridge to Inter is somebody with a gambling problem or insider knowledge and bookies will know the difference.

"Arnoutovich" pondering Hammers exit story in papers today, Sturridge out him in would be a good upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Folks, looking for information on purchasing ticket for the West Ham game on the 02/02/19.

Any pointers as to where they can be bought. Bringing the young lad over if I can get tickets.

Cheers,
    AA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Folks, looking for information on purchasing ticket for the West Ham game on the 02/02/19.

Any pointers as to where they can be bought. Bringing the young lad over if I can get tickets.

Cheers,
    AA

Well as I'm sure you know, it's an away game so if your plan is to sit among the Liverpool fans then your chances are extremely slim I'd say.

If this is the game you absolutely want then I'd suggest checking out West Ham's site about getting home tickets and blend in with their fans on the day but it can be difficult to fully enjoy the game in that scenario and with a kid it might be dicey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,271 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

ardinn wrote: »
    Cantona's collars - somthing I believe should have been put down!

Shhh a Liverpool player did that before many years ago they may start a thread on said player.

Opps they already did

Fulham sacked their manager and replaced him with Claudio Ranieri

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you not the guy who trawls through RAWK desperately trying to find something to be offended by?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement