Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on a computer

Options
  • 07-08-2009 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am getting a computer in the coming weeks and i am torn between a mac and a pc Really all i would be doing is playing games and searching the net

Any and all helpful suggestions will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Talon.ie

If you're into gaming then you should get a PC

If you're just going to be playing flash type games on the net then a Mac would do.

That said, a PC will probably be cheaper if you're planning on casual use.

>>>>runs before the Apple fan boys get me......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

You will get a better response to this in computers and technology, so I am moving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

If you're not too comp savvy then i'd sugest going with a pc for gaming.

There are ways to emulate both operating systems inside each other but it can be tedious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

They say "if you buy a Mac,you wont go back":)

Macs have only 5% share of the market so one problem that often crops up is when new software free or otherwise comes out it may take up to a year(if at all)for a mac compatible version:eek:

also a friend of mine has the paid version of the Quicktime player(i think that is macs default player)he says even the paid version is lousy!

For what you have said you want it for I think a PC suit you much better!

just a personal opinion:)

(who is that angry mob assembling outside my front door:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

I will just note that if you're new to the mac vs pc, don't expect to get a definitive answer... mac vs pc like windows vs linux tend to go on forever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement