Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-02-2020, 10:34   #1
Justin Flannery

How to watch Fury vs Wilder 2 without Sky?

Hi,

It appears that the only simple way to watch the Fury vs Wilder 2 fight in Ireland is if you have a Sky Box. I have an Eir vision box. Any ideas how to watch the fight?

There's a lot of annoying articles saying it's easy to watch the fight from anywhere with a VPN but that's not the case. A VPN will get you around the geo-blocking of IP addresses but sites like DAZN in America (or some EU countries) and Main Event in Australia won't accept card details which are linked to Ireland.

I'm thinking of getting a Monese account. Would that appear as a UK registered debit card? If it does I could (with a VPN) stream the fight on BT Sport Box Office. Anyone with experience of Monese? Would I be able to make payments as soon as I set up or would I have to wait for the debit card to physically arrive?

Justin
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 11:46   #2
skallywag

There is no legal way to watch it in Ireland without ordering it via BT Sports.
17-02-2020, 13:29   #3
US2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skallywag View Post
There is no legal way to watch it in Ireland without ordering it via BT Sports.
Can it be ordered off BT sport for online streaming without a BT Sport subscription?
17-02-2020, 13:35   #4
skallywag

I am not sure about this, but, if it works the same as PPV on Sky Sports, then you should be able to order it without having BT Sports. Not sure about the streaming though ...
17-02-2020, 14:39   #5
Justin Flannery

Quote:
Originally Posted by US2 View Post
Can it be ordered off BT sport for online streaming without a BT Sport subscription?
It can be but not for Irish residents for some reason. That's why I'm trying to look into having UK based payment details so I could order it and with a VPN, stream it online on BT Sport Box Office.
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 19:42   #6
Sandor Clegane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Flannery View Post
Hi,

It appears that the only simple way to watch the Fury vs Wilder 2 fight in Ireland is if you have a Sky Box. I have an Eir vision box. Any ideas how to watch the fight?

There's a lot of annoying articles saying it's easy to watch the fight from anywhere with a VPN but that's not the case. A VPN will get you around the geo-blocking of IP addresses but sites like DAZN in America (or some EU countries) and Main Event in Australia won't accept card details which are linked to Ireland.

I'm thinking of getting a Monese account. Would that appear as a UK registered debit card? If it does I could (with a VPN) stream the fight on BT Sport Box Office. Anyone with experience of Monese? Would I be able to make payments as soon as I set up or would I have to wait for the debit card to physically arrive?

Justin
I wouldn't go through the hassle of all this, getting a quality stream for free on the night will be ridiculously easy. I've never not been able to get a quality stream for free.
18-02-2020, 21:29   #7
Mantis Toboggan

This available on Vodafone tv?
19-02-2020, 11:42   #8
Butson

As far as I can see, unless you are a Sky customer, there is no way to legally watch this fight in Ireland.

Ridiculous.

IPTV it is.
19-02-2020, 19:28   #9
Bobby Baccala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butson View Post
As far as I can see, unless you are a Sky customer, there is no way to legally watch this fight in Ireland.

Ridiculous.

IPTV it is.
I’ve never subscribed to an IPTV could you recommend a reliable one?
Advertisement
20-02-2020, 21:12   #10
Big Ears

It's against forum rules to be going into details about streams, however I would agree with the above that you'll probably be able to find one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...-broadcasters/

That's a link to the various International broadcasters. Obviously enough a VPN would likely be enough to give access to any free to air channels. Supersport is probably the only one which broadcasts in English if you're looking for that.
20-02-2020, 22:44   #11
megadodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandor Clegane View Post
I wouldn't go through the hassle of all this, getting a quality stream for free on the night will be ridiculously easy. I've never not been able to get a quality stream for free.
I seriously doubt it.

You can get streams that start fine, but begin to pause just at the wrong time, then when it gets close to the main event they get less and less reliable.

Fork out. Streams just aren't worth the hassle.
20-02-2020, 22:48   #12
Mantis Toboggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadodge View Post
I seriously doubt it.

You can get streams that start fine, but begin to pause just at the wrong time, then when it gets close to the main event they get less and less reliable.

Wish it was possible. Not available on Vodafone. Will watch it Sunday morning.
21-02-2020, 23:10   #13
Sandor Clegane

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadodge View Post
I seriously doubt it.

Never had an issue with any fights I wanted to see previously, any other fight I was able to get multiple streams so if one failed id have other options,

I'm only interested in the main event anyway, not worth forking out all that money for one fight.

No legal way for me to fork out anyway, even if I wanted too.
22-02-2020, 10:40   #14
jacdaniel2014

It’s incredible really, another big event with no way to actually legally pay for it. I don’t care about the cost.
I’d prefer to just pay than deal with dodgy, unreliable streams.
22-02-2020, 10:41   #15
jacdaniel2014

It’s incredible really, another big event with no way to actually legally pay for it. I don’t care about the cost.
I’d prefer to just pay than deal with dodgy, unreliable streams.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion