Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-05-2020, 19:12   #3016
CSF

Kind of ok with having used my wildcard in GW 37 given that I'll have 6 players with DGWs now and I'll probably bank the transfer in week 1 of the return.

I've a free hit and a bench boost to plan for. I wonder if many activated their bench boost in 38 thinking that it was all going to be pushed into one final gameweek. That had been my thoughts for a while.
Advertisement
30-05-2020, 19:48   #3017
Dearg81

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF View Post
Kind of ok with having used my wildcard in GW 37 given that I'll have 6 players with DGWs now and I'll probably bank the transfer in week 1 of the return.

I've a free hit and a bench boost to plan for. I wonder if many activated their bench boost in 38 thinking that it was all going to be pushed into one final gameweek. That had been my thoughts for a while.
You used your wild card in week 37 when there was no fixtures announced?
30-05-2020, 22:22   #3018
jimmii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearg81 View Post
As did a lot of people given the information available at the time.
Thanks from:
30-05-2020, 22:28   #3019
CSF

Quote:
The logic behind it is hardly that cryptic surely? Especially with the downside not being that low. Whereas the upside would have been huge.
(2) thanks from:
31-05-2020, 16:34   #3020
dsmythy

Still a crapshoot to begin. Form is gone. Just have to hope whatever you do you have the guys most likely to do something from the get go. Any players or teams known or not known for firing out the gates most seasons for example.
Advertisement
31-05-2020, 21:34   #3021
machiavellianme

Harry kane won't be a must have so!
31-05-2020, 22:27   #3022
klopparama

Wonder if going young is the way to go ?

More likely to naturally fit or quicker to get up to speed. Players like Mount started the season well iirc. Himself and Abraham could be worth a pop.

Centre backs over full backs or wing backs as less likely to be rotated or substituted ?

Avoiding injury prone players could be more important then ever now although a guy like Antonio could streak like crazy in this scenario.

Will teams that felt the pressure in front of their own fans play without the tension now ? Could benefit Arsenal and West Ham. Likewise will Palace or Sheffield United be less of a force without their fans.

I know nothing about the intention or plans to finish the European competitions but if they are going ahead I wouldn’t touch any City players as I’d expect to see lots of 60-70 minute appearances from Kun and KDB.
(4) thanks from:
01-06-2020, 00:17   #3023
The real mccoy 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by klopparama View Post

I know nothing about the intention or plans to finish the European competitions but if they are going ahead I wouldn’t touch any City players as I’d expect to see lots of 60-70 minute appearances from Kun and KDB.
I wildcarded in the original gw37 in the hope it would be one big gw38 and had ederson and Merlin in my team might see a bit of a last hurrah as this will be his last few games in a city shirt so would expect to at least get some minutes in most games
Thanks from:
01-06-2020, 00:18   #3024
CSF

I think teams with lots to play for will be much more motivated throughout and coming out of the lockdown situations.

Those 5 teams between Burnley and Southampton in particular I’d be looking to avoid now. I get that they’re professionals but you’d think they also wouldn’t have been too upset if they’d just ended the league as was or with a PPG.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-06-2020, 10:43   #3025
km79

http://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status...89260451151872

Full squad of starters ESSENTIAL
And then a bit of luck
(4) thanks from:
02-06-2020, 22:19   #3026
Dearg81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmii View Post
As did a lot of people given the information available at the time.
OK I really haven't being paying attention cos I thought there was no info or chance of any games in 37 or 38.
03-06-2020, 00:56   #3027
jimmii

Quote:
OK I really haven't being paying attention cos I thought there was no info or chance of any games in 37 or 38.
There wasn't but the all that had come out of fpl was that deadlines would be staying the same and no hint that additional gameweeks was even an option so that left the possibility of everything going into one massive gw38 or fpl just ending on the 17th of May as would have been intended if this hadn't happened and obviously in those two scenarios there was no downside to using the WC then. It was pretty much the following day that fpl then suggested more weeks might follow so was super sound timing from them!
Thanks from:
03-06-2020, 01:11   #3028
shmeee

FH chip will be loaded up for the opening GW, I don't want a team built up of the DGW teams TBH and hard to know how some teams will go so a FH seems the most obvious option.

Rumours maybe of a unlimited WC to kick start the re-start?
03-06-2020, 01:18   #3029
jimmii

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmeee View Post
FH chip will be loaded up for the opening GW, I don't want a team built up of the DGW teams TBH and hard to know how some teams will go so a FH seems the most obvious option.

Rumours maybe of a unlimited WC to kick start the re-start?
Planning on using my FH too. Speculation of all sorts but it's purely speculation. I don't think there should be anything extra dished out but really wouldn't surprise me if there is just to really hammer the people who used it in 37!
Thanks from:
03-06-2020, 08:01   #3030
machiavellianme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmii View Post
Planning on using my FH too. Speculation of all sorts but it's purely speculation. I don't think there should be anything extra dished out but really wouldn't surprise me if there is just to really hammer the people who used it in 37!
An unlimited wildcard would be pointless as everyone would end up with template teams for a very condensed schedule. There'd be very little to separate them. Leave it as is. Those who already used their wildcard saw their benefits already and those who still have it, can do as they please.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion