Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand books

Options
  • 08-07-2020 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where to buy 2nd hand books? I'm looking for stuff like Stephen King books etc. I want to fill a bookcase that I bought but finding that buying new books is very expensive! I have gone into Dealz and found a few books, but it's mostly celebrity autobiographies in there. Does anyone know of anywhere online that you could buy in bulk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where to buy 2nd hand books? I'm looking for stuff like Stephen King books etc. I want to fill a bookcase that I bought but finding that buying new books is very expensive! I have gone into Dealz and found a few books, but it's mostly celebrity autobiographies in there. Does anyone know of anywhere online that you could buy in bulk?

Any charity shops usually have books coming out their ears! To the point where a lot won't even take them in any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Only place I can think of is Chapters in Dublin.

Is this a joke??

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Any charity shops usually have books coming out their ears! To the point where a lot won't even take them in any more.

Ok, I didn't even try charity shops because I had heard that they don't take donations of books anymore. So I assumed they don't sell them anymore! My mistake!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Ok, I didn't even try charity shops because I had heard that they don't take donations of books anymore. So I assumed they don't sell them anymore! My mistake!!:D

Just send you a private message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

https://thebookshop.ie/

Excellent shop, great to deal with, and very well priced too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Any charity shop usually have a great selection

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

www.bookfinder.com is an excellent comparison site

Otherwise a wanted ad on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ball boy

Kennys Bookshop have a good selection of 2nd hand online also

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Abebooks.com

Used them for years.

You'd do well to find a book not available. In many cases shipping with be a greater charge than the book itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement