Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet Victor have closed my account

Options
  • 08-11-2020 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Wondering if I can get some help on this. I set up a betvictor account 2 days ago and managed to get winnings up to 100€. I also placed a 50€ treble which has just come in today ( worth 300€).

They asked for me to verify my account however after I had set the account up. I had no problem uploading my proof of address but they would not accept my passport despite the fact it was a clear photograph. I tried multiple versions (photos which I had used before for other accounts) and their system would not accept.

I have been through their live support for hours and have also tried to email them with my verification documents. I had yet to receive a response back until this morning where I have learned that they had closed my account. I received this email -

“In response to our recent enquiries regarding your BetVictor account, we would like to advise you that your account with us has been permanently closed following our investigation into your activities on our site.

BetVictor reserves the right to suspend or close your account at any time where there is an unacceptable use of our services which is covered by Section 17 of our Terms and Conditions. “

At present I should have over 400€ in my account but I have not been able to get through to anyone at betvictor.

I am wondering if you have any advice as to how I should proceed. I have images and proof of my correspondence and of the bets and money in my account. There is no problem with my passport but there system will not accept.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Sounds like more to this than meets the eye.
    Normally they don't close an account that quickly, did you try a driving licence instead?
    What were you betting on to get the balance up to €400?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Sounds like more to this than meets the eye.
    Normally they don't close an account that quickly, did you try a driving licence instead?
    What were you betting on to get the balance up to €400?

I tried my driving licence but they wouldn’t accept a provisional. I tried multiple pictures of my passport and went through their live support and their staff attempted to upload the images and their system kept rejecting. Very strange. I was just betting on horses and football.

They emailed asking me to verify my documents and then sent a subsequent email an hour later that the account would be closed.

I have never had any difficulties like this before.

123456789j wrote: »
    I tried my driving licence but they wouldn’t accept a provisional. I tried multiple pictures of my passport and went through their live support and their staff attempted to upload the images and their system kept rejecting. Very strange. I was just betting on horses and football.

They emailed asking me to verify my documents and then sent a subsequent email an hour later that the account would be closed.

I have never had any difficulties like this before.

Is the account currently
    "would be closed"
    or
    "closed"
    now?

Normally they (bookies) don't look for verification that quick unless you are withdrawing funds.
    Did you ask them what the problem with the documents was?
    It seems strange that they would close the account that quick, normally a bookie would suspend instead of closing.
    I assume you took a photo with your phone and tried that?
    If so have you access to a scanner and then scan it to them instead and see what they say.
    The fact if the account is closed, that would be a worry to me as you will have to get them to "unclose" it to be able to verify it and then to withdraw the money and you aren't having any luck with it so far.
    I would send them multiple photos/scans of the passport and if they can't get something they are happy with, ask them what you can do instead.
    You may have to go to IBAS as they would be the people to talk to about betting problems but they are more for actual bets rather than account problems, after that I don't know of any other place to go to.
    Also how did you put the original money into the account?

Is the account currently or now?

Normally they (bookies) don't look for verification that quick unless you are withdrawing funds.
    It seems strange that they would close the account that quick, normally a bookie would suspend instead of closing.
    If so have you access to a scanner and then scan it to them instead and see what they say.
    The fact if the account is closed, that would be a worry to me as you will have to get them to "unclose" it to be able to verify it and then to withdraw the money and you aren't having any luck with it so far.
    I would send them multiple photos/scans of the passport and if they can't get something they are happy with, ask them what you can do instead.
    You may have to go to IBAS as they would be the people to talk to about betting problems but they are more for actual bets rather than account problems, after that I don't know of any other place to go to.

I put the money in via my bank account. Originally deposited 20€, lost that but got up to 100€ from the free sign up money. The bets were taken over the course of two days. I had sent multiple scans of my passport but kept getting rejected. Have the screenshots of the emails I sent as proof.

I then placed a 50€ treble which was pending when they then closed my account. It subsequently won and was worth 300€.

I have emailed and spoken to live support so I am awaiting for a response (likely tomorrow). I just think it’s ridiculous and bit unusual as they usually give you a few days to verify.

Is the account currently or now?

I put the money in via my bank account. Originally deposited 20€, lost that but got up to 100€ from the free sign up money. The bets were taken over the course of two days. I had sent multiple scans of my passport but kept getting rejected. Have the screenshots of the emails I sent as proof.

I then placed a 50€ treble which was pending when they then closed my account. It subsequently won and was worth 300€.

I have emailed and spoken to live support so I am awaiting for a response (likely tomorrow). I just think it’s ridiculous and bit unusual as they usually give you a few days to verify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Thats' unusual. I had the same problem with Betway a few years back. They wouldn't accept my barely out of date passport or my public services ID card. I ended up having to get a new passport and they had temporarily closed my account by the time it arrived. However, once I got onto them through emails and on Twitter they re-opened the account and verified it.

I'd suggest opening a twitter account if you haven't got one and try to make a big deal about it that way if they persist with this

paddythere wrote: »
    Thats' unusual. I had the same problem with Betway a few years back. They wouldn't accept my barely out of date passport or my public services ID card. I ended up having to get a new passport and they had temporarily closed my account by the time it arrived. However, once I got onto them through emails and on Twitter they re-opened the account and verified it.

I'd suggest opening a twitter account if you haven't got one and try to make a big deal about it that way if they persist with this

Thanks! I’m going to try that. For the sake of a few hundred quid I am hoping they won’t want me to make a big deal out of it and reopen the account.

paddythere wrote: »

Thanks! I’m going to try that. For the sake of a few hundred quid I am hoping they won’t want me to make a big deal out of it and reopen the account.

Account funded by bank account should be fine.
    I then placed a 50€ treble which was pending when they then closed my account.

That's not good.
    Pending, so you don't know if the bet was placed or not. :eek:.
    Let me guess, if it loses, you're on and if it wins you're not :confused:.

As paddythere said, Twitter is worth a shout and Facebook as well.
    For the sake of a few hundred quid I am hoping they won’t want me to make a big deal out of it and reopen the account.

Your account will have to be open and verified if the bet wins and you want to get paid.

Account funded by bank account should be fine.

That's not good.
    Pending, so you don't know if the bet was placed or not. :eek:.
    Let me guess, if it loses, you're on and if it wins you're not :confused:.

As paddythere said, Twitter is worth a shout and Facebook as well.

Your account will have to be open and verified if the bet wins and you want to get paid.

Sorry to clarify, the bet was on. One result had already come through and was waiting on two more legs when the account was closed.

• Advertisement

Sorry to clarify, the bet was on. One result had already come through and was waiting on two more legs when the account was closed.

So the bet was on and won :D, make sure to keep a screenshot of the bet and confirmation of same.
    You might need it.

So the bet was on and won :D, make sure to keep a screenshot of the bet and confirmation of same.
    You might need it.

Yes bet was on and won. Very convenient for them. I have screenshots at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any chance you have a previous account that had any issues with them or you requested to be closed?

Likewise, if you have had an account with any of the above on a sister site etc?

Eg, if you have an issue with a Coral Account your Ladbrokes account would be closed too.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Any chance you have a previous account that had any issues with them or you requested to be closed?

Likewise, if you have had an account with any of the above on a sister site etc?

Eg, if you have an issue with a Coral Account your Ladbrokes account would be closed too.

Don't think BetVictor has any other sister sites?

It just doesn't make sense to close an account 2 days in, funded by personal bank account and while a bet is still running and unsettled?
    As said before, there has to be more to this.

Don't think BetVictor has any other sister sites?

It just doesn't make sense to close an account 2 days in, funded by personal bank account and while a bet is still running and unsettled?
    As said before, there has to be more to this.

I tried multiple times to verify my passport and the photo image kept getting rejected. That could be the only reason. They accepted my proof of address no problem. I can’t even get through to them. Their live support has been no help. Twitter won’t reply and neither will their email.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

what was the treble?

could be many reasons - perhaps you are on the bookies' blacklist? my ladbrokes was verified and restricted to 1% in less than an hour. verified, logged in, placed two 50 cent bets on two random favorites and got the email within a few minutes. i had no other links to ladbrokes in any shape or form

ianburke wrote: »
    what was the treble?

could be many reasons - perhaps you are on the bookies' blacklist? my ladbrokes was verified and restricted to 1% in less than an hour. verified, logged in, placed two 50 cent bets on two random favorites and got the email within a few minutes. i had no other links to ladbrokes in any shape or form

50€ on btts in 3 premier league games. I’m on no bookies blacklist I would imagine. Never won big and have only been gambling small in the last few years

50€ on btts in 3 premier league games. I’m on no bookies blacklist I would imagine. Never won big and have only been gambling small in the last few years

By the looks of that bet, not a reason for closing an account.

I would keep at them as the bet is a winner, you are owed the money.
    They could could the account but would have to pay you out first and it is verified.
    Send BV a mail and ask why the account is closed?
    Then contact IBAS and see what they say.

Just to go back to this:

Did you ever have a previous account with BetVictor that was closed by them or closed by you for whatever reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

we are not getting the full story. Gambling is a terrible disease.
    Your second account has been deleted. Any issues ring Joe Duffy

• Advertisement

ste551 wrote: »

Pretty much along my thoughts too - Thought process is had previously self-excluded account and has tried a new account.

Opening accounts and throwing on €50 trebles willy-nilly immediately raises suspicions on my end and obviously on the Betting Sites’ end

Pretty much along my thoughts too - Thought process is had previously self-excluded account and has tried a new account.

Opening accounts and throwing on €50 trebles willy-nilly immediately raises suspicions on my end and obviously on the Betting Sites’ end

Jesus this and the previous poster have it so wrong. I appreciate any advice given but this is just not what has happened. I set up an account to make full use of their sign up offer ( as many people do). I bet small time, 5s, 10s, 20s. Managed to get the account up to about 150€ and decided to do that treble. That is not big time gambling. There are far bigger punters out there who have no difficulties.

This is the first (and last) time I’ll use betvictor.

Not a second account for the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Please take note that under the Lottery Act 1956 states that “no action shall lie for the recovery of any money or thing which is alleged to be won.”

They are under no obligation to pay you. I presume they’d have to refund your stake though.

No one opens a betting account and makes a 50e treble. that's stupid money to put on a treble.
    they have helped you by blocking your account. Im sure the paddy and boyles have already blocked you for your own safety

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Please take note that under the Lottery Act 1956 states that “no action shall lie for the recovery of any money or thing which is alleged to be won.”

They are under no obligation to pay you. I presume they’d have to refund your stake though.

Still no harm getting a solicitor's view regarding verifying your identity as that seemed to be their stated issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

No one opens a betting account and makes a 50e treble. that's stupid money to put on a treble.
    they have helped you by blocking your account. Im sure the paddy and boyles have already blocked you for your own safety

To be fair, the bet doesn’t scream smart punter at you, but at the same time it’s not like he’s put €10k on Trap 6 in the 4:07 at Perry Barr.

No - that is just not true. Who are you to say for my own safety. I have gambled before and very reasonably. Paddy power and boyles don’t block people for their own safety either.

even the biggest losers get a bet right sometimes.

50e on a treble should raise suspicions and it looks like the gambling site done you a favour in the long run

• Advertisement

I’m sorry but 50€ is not stupid money. It was three relatively short prices. The bet paid out at odds of 4/1. Nothing different to putting 50€ on a horse which is quite common for people. As I said, this was profit which I had used. I have yet to see any other bookmaker refuse customers for bets like that. The fact that I have close to 400€ in the account which I cannot access is what is annoying most. If I had lost 400, they wouldnt be acting in this manner.

Advertisement