Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Account closed, William Hill.

Options
  • 15-10-2020 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

I've been with William 2 r 3 years now. Today I got an email saying I no longer qualify for free bets an some other promos. I've had this happen b4 but with Betfred and PP.

This was a bit different cos I was blocked out of my account. I got on to customer help who eventually released the funds in the account to my bank account.

No matter how many agents I spoke to the would not tell me why the account was closed.

I eventually gave up and asked if there was some process available to me to find out what's going on. They gave me an email address. I'm sure il get the same speil.

I am actually a bit confused. I'm not a big gambler but I do have many different bookie accounts. I always try to get the best prices and enhanced odds and any decent available free bets. I have plenty of time on my hands.

I would be a decent gambler, in that I stick to what I know, mostly Premier league, I do my homework before betting and I only ever leave approx €50 in my accounts.

Has anyone else got similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I always try to get the best prices and enhanced odds and any decent available free bets.
    I do my homework before betting

Pretty sure that would be the reason.
    Bookies don't like people just backing enhances or best prices with them.
    Backing horses which end up lower SP is another nono with all bookies.
    They want people backing donkeys or worst prices as well.
    The online bookies who have shops rarely do the same enhances for shops as they can't really track the customers as easily in the shops.
    Online it's very easy to do, alarm bells can be set very early in the account and once marked, it's practically impossible to get rid of.
    If you are only backing best price or enhances with Hills, I'm surprised you
    lasted as long as you did tbh.
    They are noted for closing accounts which don't make money for them in the short/long term.
    There is no way they will tell you why you were closed, they don't have to.
    Has happened to me with many online bookies and unfortunately there are fewer and fewer alternatives out there.
    If you look at the prices of bookmakers v Exchanges, it should be a no-brainer.
    Exchanges don't really do acca's, they don't GP horse prices but if you can live with those main differences, you would be better staying/going to the exchanges or going to shops for your bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Welcome to the club, down 2 WH, 2 SlyBet, 2 Betvictor & 1 Unibet account so far this year :mad:

If you are getting the edge on them they'll boot you. They dont want profitable gamblers.

Advertisement