Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Escape from Spike Island Swim

Options
  • 24-08-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

any boardies doing this tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bearster

Hi Im down to do the swim in the morning !

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

turned into a tough one Bearster, (well for those of us without Ned's speed anyway)

i thought i'd never get above that blue tug boat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

turned into a tough one Bearster, (well for those of us without Ned's speed anyway)

i thought i'd never get above that blue tug boat

What time did you do it in? What do you mean about blue tug boat? Did ned give his big speech at start? I think he fell asleep in a green house, the bloody height of him...

You doing the Sandycove Kinsale swim?

the exit point was just above where a blue tug was berthed, but the current was pushing you down past it

i did it in about 45 minutes. i should have taken a tighter line at the start but i got there anyway even if the speedies were already dressed when i got in

Niall O Crualaoich did the safety talk as he's the organiser

really great swim, very enjoyable and pretty unique really (in this country at least)

i'm registered for Sandycove Challenge alright, had a horrible time there last year so hoping to set the record straight !!

any boardies doing this tomorrow?

what about this year ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement