Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best spots for a Sea swim(Co. Dublin)

• 20-04-2011 9:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭

Where do people go for a dip?

I am training to do a few Sprint/Olympic triathlons. Starting with the Velvet Strand Sprint Triathlon, May 15th. I can swim the distance but I want to get more time in open water.

I usually do low rock to high rock in Malahide with my brother but I am wondering if there is anywhere else people would recommend.
    What are Loughshinny, Portrane or Donabate like to swim at?

Any advice on where to and where not to swim would be great.

Cheers
    M.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

i normally just set off from Dun Laoghaire pier and head out about a KM before turning.
    it can be busy there but thats a good thing in my opinion - always better to have someone to call on just in case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

conno16 wrote: »
    i normally just set off from Dun Laoghaire pier and head out about a KM before turning.
    it can be busy there but thats a good thing in my opinion - always better to have someone to call on just in case!

That sounds interesting. Which pier and whereabouts on pier do you leave from. I am used to swimming in sandycove and seapoint over towards the east and west piers but have never seen anyone starting from the pier. where do you leave your clothes/bag???

live closeby so just head off from the old pier and make my way out
    most of the boats are south of this so no worries in that regard
    a KM out is hardly very far anyways

i cant stand swimming parallel to the coast - head out against the waves/ripples and enjoy the return leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

conno16 wrote: »
    live closeby so just head off from the old pier and make my way out
    most of the boats are south of this so no worries in that regard
    a KM out is hardly very far anyways

i cant stand swimming parallel to the coast - head out against the waves/ripples and enjoy the return leg

whats the "old pier"??

that closer to monkstown
    it was built first as far as i recall, therefore it is older relative to its neighbour

always much quieter on that side
    just tie my towel up and off i go

• Advertisement
Advertisement