Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

open water swimming!!

• 11-04-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

hey, has anyone been swimming in the open water yet this year and whats the temp been like??? starting to get fed up with the pool!!!!! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Got in yesterday at Seapoint, very sharp but nice once you got used to it. Didn't stay in long though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Was in on Saturday in Fenit, Kerry. Water temp about 11-12 degrees. Very nice, in for 30mins but I was wearing a wetsuit. You cant beat ow swimming after a winter of pool based training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

What sort of distance would sea swims generally cover?

I swam a lot in a club until I was about 18, and got back into it a bit last Summer (just going for swims in the local pool to break up the day since I was at home writing up a thesis) and loved it. I'm toying with the idea of joining a sea swim club.

Would they usually have formal training times, or is it more of a turn up for a swim on a Sunday morning sort of attitude?

And does anybody know of clubs which operate around Portmarnock/Malahide in Dublin? Thanks!

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Im looking to get back in it very soon myself. I geenrally head for the Bull Wall when i can catch the tide before work (only about 3 to 4 days in every two weeks) and was also wondering if anyone swims in the mornings out Howth direction early in the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

What sort of distance would sea swims generally cover?

I swam a lot in a club until I was about 18, and got back into it a bit last Summer (just going for swims in the local pool to break up the day since I was at home writing up a thesis) and loved it. I'm toying with the idea of joining a sea swim club.

Would they usually have formal training times, or is it more of a turn up for a swim on a Sunday morning sort of attitude?

And does anybody know of clubs which operate around Portmarnock/Malahide in Dublin? Thanks!

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Anything from 1500 meters up to (5k Tommy Dorgan) But generally in or around 1.5k to 2.2k meters. Swim Ireland introduced a 5k and 10k race in Lough Dan and its on again this year.

To swim in any of these races you have to be registered with a club, also you have to complete 4 qualifying races out of the calendar to qualify for the Dun Loaghaire harbour race and the Liffey race.

• Advertisement
Advertisement