Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Chance bet query

Options
  • 30-09-2020 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I did a bet recently on a county final.
    Did a double chance on Draw/Away team.

My understanding is it gets paid out if the game finishes as a draw or the away team win.

The game finished as a draw and went to extra time during which the home team won.

Bookies saying its a losing bet as Home team won.
    Again my understanding for matches as long as im backing things is that the result is what happens after normal time and not injury time.

Ive raised the issue with them and its currently with their agents.

Anyone ever experience this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

TOPDAWG2.0 wrote: »
    I did a bet recently on a county final.
    Did a double chance on Draw/Away team.
    My understanding is it gets paid out if the game finishes as a draw or the away team win.
    The game finished as a draw and went to extra time during which the home team won.
    Bookies saying its a losing bet as Home team won.

I've never heard of double chance bet to include extra time.
    I would guess you were told this by someone who doesn't understand the bet.
    Again my understanding for matches as long as im backing things is that the result is what happens after normal time and not injury time.

Double chance would include normal time along with injury time but not extra time.

If they have an online operation, check their t&c's for DC on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

okidoki987 wrote: »
    TOPDAWG2.0 wrote: »

I've never heard of double chance bet to include extra time.
    I would guess you were told this by someone who doesn't understand the bet.

Double chance would include normal time along with injury time but not extra time.

If they have an online operation, check their t&c's for DC on there.

Sorry yeah i meant to say extra time and not injury time. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jamecorbitt

There is no possibility of a re-bet or am I wrong? This is not beneficial to anyone, primarily to the provider.

If the player wins, it is unprofitable for the player to make a second bet, since he has already won. Not to mention that he has already bet on this event.

And it is not profitable for the provider to give a second chance to win.

Advertisement