Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Introducing the Current Affairs/IMHO forum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Who demanded that?

circadian

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Overheal wrote: »
    I mean as a Yank who has never been shy about pointing out bigotry or reporting objectionable/questionable content on-site I didn't see anything to wrong with the thread. The OP has a contemporary for 2020 way of phrasing his argument sure but a valid question on why Irish xenophobia gives a pass to Americans especially under Covid, and seemed pretty reasonable for what CA/IMHO is as explained better in this feedback thread (something of a tolerating conflux for heated exchanges). Kind of a case of actually agreeing with the point the OP made though not quite the way they made it, (particularly "I don't hear our basement dwelling far righters making noise about this, why?"). I might have had half a thought to suspect it might turn into a trainwreck but frankly within a couple posts it turned out to be a fairly constructive thread.

<snip>

Admin note - you do not qualify for posting in Feedback - you need to be on the site 3 months

It seems like each week the forum is either people ranting about trans people (often just randomly dragging the topic in). Or people who act like hyenas around any story surrounding migrants. Eg there's a thread about a gang rape about Syrian men raping a woman in Germany. The thread started by a brand new user and it includes branding all Syrians as savages. And the rest of the thread is literally the usual suspects using the same rhetoric. There's no genuine concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It seems like each week the forum is either people ranting about trans people (often just randomly dragging the topic in). Or people who act like hyenas around any story surrounding migrants. Eg there's a thread about a gang rape about Syrian men raping a woman in Germany. The thread started by a brand new user and it includes branding all Syrians as savages. And the rest of the thread is literally the usual suspects using the same rhetoric. There's no genuine concern.

Opened that thread earlier, seen who the first few posters were and knew there wasn't a chance of discussion in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

wall to wall racists and transphobes...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've been away all day and only seeing these comments and that thread now

It's one of our regular re-reg trolls who is allowed minimal oxygen, so the thread is now deleted along with all their posts across the site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Also, to point out, due to a spammer signing up 4,000 accounts and spamming users with PMs, all active admin were involved in the cleanup of that situation. As a result, yesterday was one of the very few days where reported posts went unactioned for more than a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

mike_ie wrote: »
    Also, to point out, due to a spammer signing up 4,000 accounts and spamming users with PMs, all active admin were involved in the cleanup of that situation. As a result, yesterday was one of the very few days where reported posts went unactioned for more than a few hours.

Why would someone bother signing up 4000 accounts?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

bot, linkdumping, someone with way too much free time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭This is it

That's nearly as many accounts as Scanlas :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

"Sara" last year managed about 9k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It’s mental. Like, setting up an account isn’t that laborious in isolation but you still have to do the whole email confirmation thing. Imagine doing that multiple times? And of course you’d have to set up new email addresses for each account. Sounds spectacularly boring.

It’s mental. Like, setting up an account isn’t that laborious in isolation but you still have to do the whole email confirmation thing. Imagine doing that multiple times? And of course you’d have to set up new email addresses for each account. Sounds spectacularly boring.

Theres websites/software that will do this for you?

Theres even website that will set up 3min email temp address for ya

I used chat with that lad,that reregs whole time on PM,seemed a sound bloke and ya could knock a bitta laugh outta him

I used chat with that lad,that reregs whole time on PM,seemed a sound bloke and ya could knock a bitta laugh outta him
    There are at least 4 who are "regulars"

Beasty wrote: »
    There are at least 4 who are "regulars"

Haha....jesus

Chap i chatted with,just seemed to treat it,as a really obscure pasttime tbh

Each to their own i guess!!

• Advertisement

Probably a bad idea to be talking about him here, kinda like saying Candyman three times to a mirror... anyway. Scanlas is sound for the most part, have had plenty of short conversations with him, but... his constant reregging is a pain in the arse! Haven't seen an aul chore sex thread in a long time though. Not sure if he's slipping or admin are catching much quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This is it wrote: »
    Probably a bad idea to be talking about him here, kinda like saying Candyman three times to a mirror... anyway. Scanlas is sound for the most part, have had plenty of short conversations with him, but... his constant reregging is a pain in the arse! Haven't seen an aul chore sex thread in a long time though. Not sure if he's slipping or admin are catching much quicker.

Scanlas is chore sex lad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,505 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Also, to point out, due to a spammer signing up 4,000 accounts

It's not your fault who have to clean up the mess. But it really shouldn't be possible for someone to set up 4000 spam accounts just like that. Cloudflare causes issues for some genuine posters, but didn't obstruct the 4k account spammer at all, it seems.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Theres websites/software that will do this for you?

Theres even website that will set up 3min email temp address for ya

Oh right. I'm naive about that stuff.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Scanlas is chore sex lad?

The original

• Advertisement

In a thread about the removal of statues in the Sheraton, mike_ie is bizarrely trying to assert that discussion of the Prime Time episode that deals with that very topic hours beforehand is "wildly off-topic".

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114183480#post114183480

Cancelling a conversation about an episode of Prime Time which specifically deals with cancel culture is just incredibly mad moderation.

Response to mod warning in thread, pm to me, and then straight to feedback all in the space of half an hour - this must really be urgent.

What I was about to reply to your PM is that at my count, there are three pages of little except slagging off Dr Ebun Joseph, questioning her mental state, one of our more frequent flyers telling her to go back to Africa if she doesn't like it here. The more pointed of those have been actioned individually, but asking people in general to actually discuss the topic isn't out of line. I have however, clarified that even further in the mod note.

Response to mod warning in thread, pm to me, and then straight to feedback all in the space of half an hour - this must really be urgent.

What I was about to reply to your PM is that at my count, there are three pages of little except slagging off Dr Ebun Joseph, questioning her mental state, one of our more frequent flyers telling her to go back to Africa if she doesn't like it here. The more pointed of those have been actioned individually, but asking people in general to actually discuss the topic isn't out of line. I have however, clarified that even further in the mod note.

Regardless of whether or not her mental state should be discussed, it would have been helpful for your mod note to be more detailed when you posted it.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Mod: Reminder that you need to be a member on site for at least 3 months to post in Feedback.

The hijacking of threads by people who want to go off on a racist rant is becoming ridiculous. Eg the discussion on the conviction of a healthcare assistant who raped an alzheimer's patient has descended into certain posters declaring that they knew the perpetrator would be a foreigner. It's a dreadful case but there's posters that are using threads to push hate based on people being from certain regions.

There's also for the record, posters that clearly veer into the territory of white supremacists. Eg claims about the "deracination" of Ireland. It's not subtle and the posters simply see to get threads that are safe zones to engage in rhetoric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Regardless of whether or not her mental state should be discussed, it would have been helpful for your mod note to be more detailed when you posted it.

In turn do you not think it would have been helpful of you to give him a chance to respond to a PM, or Report on his post, of constructive criticisms before making an on-thread swipe at moderation? I don’t find it helpful in the least, arguing on-thread is blatant derailment no matter what it’s dressed up with and is one of my bugbears. Even posting about it here is a far sight better but I wish more users would actually take the good faith approaches offered first before assuming deliberate negligence or promoting popular opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The hijacking of threads by people who want to go off on a racist rant is becoming ridiculous. Eg the discussion on the conviction of a healthcare assistant who raped an alzheimer's patient has descended into certain posters declaring that they knew the perpetrator would be a foreigner. It's a dreadful case but there's posters that are using threads to push hate based on people being from certain regions.

Stopped reading it after about 10 posts. Went back in just now and it hasn't changed. There's no point engaging. Where is that Patrick Nevin guy from? Louth, I think? Amazing no one is calling for action against people from Louth.

I rarely use this site these days and I'd say there are many more doing the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Stopped reading it after about 10 posts. Went back in just now and it hasn't changed. There's no point engaging. Where is that Patrick Nevin guy from? Louth, I think? Amazing no one is calling for action against people from Louth.

I rarely use this site these days and I'd say there are many more doing the same thing.

Who is calling for action against people from Nigeria?

It is entirely reasonable that we deport this piece of garbage when he has served his sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

It is entirely reasonable that we deport this piece of garbage when he has served his sentence.

Its more complex than that though isn't it? Given he's been here 15 years, hes likely an Irish citizen, as are his wife and kids. The tone and phrasing of some of the posts would not be as they are were he white Irish. As said on the thread, some posters are using the thread as a ruse to disguise their own racist tendencies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

People have called for his whole family including his children to be deported, they want to punish the children for the actions of the father.

• Advertisement

Its more complex than that though isn't it? Given he's been here 15 years, hes likely an Irish citizen, as are his wife and kids. The tone and phrasing of some of the posts would not be as they are were he white Irish. As said on the thread, some posters are using the thread as a ruse to disguise their own racist tendencies.

We generally can’t deport white Irish criminals so it makes sense that deportation doesn’t come up regarding white Irish criminals.

And that thread has now also descended into people ranting about Dr Ebun Joseph. And the motivation for obsessing over her isn't subtle.

It's a very real story where multiple families are affected and there's huge questions to be asked, discussions to be had. But it's just become another soapbox for people posters who really don't give a damn. And plenty of the posters doing it are regulars.

We generally can’t deport white Irish criminals so it makes sense that deportation doesn’t come up regarding white Irish criminals.

Cant deport black irish criminals either though??

So the suggestion of deportation is a bit silly,if as stated he holds irish citizenship?

Cant deport black irish criminals either though??

I posted a link in that thread to an article from a Nigerian website that says he is Nigerian. So deport away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I posted a link in that thread to an article from a Nigerian website that says he is Nigerian. So deport away.

You do realise he can be Nigerian and Irish at the same time and it is possible to hold two passports?

Nobody in that thread has provided any evidence to say he is not an Irish citizen (yet many have claimed it as fact regardless, the very definition of fake news) and the posts saying he should be deported despite not knowing his status are obviously a ruse to satisfy some posters racist tendencies. The thread is dripping in it. Not sure why his heinous crime cannot be discussed in a civil manner without posters shoehorning their racist attitudes into the thread.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Admin: please bring the discussion back around to the thread at hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Closing the Antifa thread was uncalled for. It's over a year old, one of the biggest threads in current affairs and Antifa have never been more current affairs than they are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Closing the Antifa thread was uncalled for. It's over a year old, one of the biggest threads in current affairs and Antifa have never been more current affairs than they are now.

Cancel culture strikes again. In a time when Antifa should be talked about the most the thread gets closed.

The premise of the thread went out the window; these protests are so much more now than Antifa, and a lot of the undercurrent on the thread was just “basement dwellers who can’t get jobs fcuking scumbags” this and that.

There’s still a lot of newsworthy developments these days, with pushes from lawmakers now who want to ban protests period as a way of addressing the dissent, under the auspices of Covid-19, and historians likening the federal response to the soviet KGB. Perhaps a broader thread on that now then, the police protests, and not just an Antifa-headed thread which is more or less derision of a particular movement in a less than constructive manner. In reality these protests aren’t just Antifa or BLM or Moms or Dads or Veterans, they encompass all those groups, and more.

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    Cancel culture strikes again. In a time when Antifa should be talked about the most the thread gets closed.

We may as well have renamed it The Pissing Contest thread. It had devolved to a point of being a back and forth between posters repeating the same old circular arguments over and over again, and was generating a ridiculous amount of reported posts due the squabbling going on there. It was rightly closed and shall remain so.

We may as well have renamed it The Pissing Contest thread. It had devolved to a point of being a back and forth between posters repeating the same old circular arguments over and over again, and was generating a ridiculous amount of reported posts due the squabbling going on there. It was rightly closed and shall remain so.

The "thanks" received on the post that closed that thread were from the people fervently defending antifa and contriving the back and forth circular arguments.

I'm sure you have threads that generate more reported posts and allow them to continue but that's your decision. I guess no future threads on the subject of Antifa are allowed from now on?
    The premise of the thread went out the window;
    Antifa is both a terrorist organization, a political movement, some people that think it's strictly 'anti-fascism' etc.. all rolled into one. The fact that it has spun off in many directions especially as of late is no surprise as it has been in the mainstream news for the first time. It has as a political organization greatly affected the protests and demonstrations we're seeing in the US and all over the world.

Look at your last few posts in that thread, not one mention of Antifa or anything Antifa related, yet here you are saying you're happy that threads closed because it went off topic, yes because you brought it off topic.
    OverhealThis is a public access forum where users have a right to engage. If you don’t want to be called out for being hypocritical, well, that’s entirely avoidable on your end.

Well it seems not if the thread has been closed and all discussion of it ended.

2u2me wrote: »
    The "thanks" received on the post that closed that thread were from the people fervently defending antifa and contriving the back and forth circular arguments.

I'm sure you have threads that generate more reported posts and allow them to continue but that's your decision. I guess no future threads on the subject of Antifa are allowed from now on?

Antifa is both a terrorist organization, a political movement, some people that think it's strictly 'anti-fascism' etc.. all rolled into one. The fact that it has spun off in many directions especially as of late is no surprise as it has been in the mainstream news for the first time. It has as a political organization greatly affected the protests and demonstrations we're seeing in the US and all over the world.

Look at your last few posts in that thread, not one mention of Antifa or anything Antifa related, yet here you are saying you're happy that threads closed because it went off topic, yes because you brought it off topic.

Well it seems not if the thread has been closed and all discussion of it ended.

I think that’s an unfair analysis. Several people thanked the past several on thread warnings and the lock notice including people I had been opposed to ideologically on there, like Nullzero and ExMachina1000, who were far from defending Antifa.

As for it sliding off the topic of Antifa that’s a result of pages and pages of posts and dozens of contributors, with many, many posters not discussing Antifa in particular. As I said in my last reply here the situation in Portland in particular has gone far and away beyond Antifa, and now broadly includes veterans, moms, dads, Antifa, concerned citizens, BLM, anti-brutality protesters, etc. and even blue lives matter MAGA and other counter protester groups. And as far as Antifa goes the thread relied on baseless assumptions which led to circular arguments: Andy Ngo tweets hash tagging Antifa etc. does not mean everyone protesting in Portland is Antifa, and aside from a few smaller groups like Rose City Antifa there aren’t many among the swarms of people protesting these days who are affiliated with such groups. The core premise of the thread lent itself to this fallacy of assuming everything must be Antifa because of thin assumptions.

I’d prefer a simple broader thread on protests in general, as theres scarce evidence to drive the plot that it’s an Antifa issue (heck, there’s more concrete evidence/law enforcement corroboration of late to assert the Boogaloo Movement and White Supremacists are explicitly behind some of the violence). There was the George Floyd protests thread which fell off the radar, I think it remains open.

In turn do you not think it would have been helpful of you to give him a chance to respond to a PM, or Report on his post, of constructive criticisms before making an on-thread swipe at moderation? I don’t find it helpful in the least, arguing on-thread is blatant derailment no matter what it’s dressed up with and is one of my bugbears. Even posting about it here is a far sight better but I wish more users would actually take the good faith approaches offered first before assuming deliberate negligence or promoting popular opposition.

I responded to his mod mote in thread and asked how it could be off-topic to talk about the Prime Time episode, which is a perfectly fair thing to ask. He deleted that post and didn't say anything, which is rarely done. I then PM'd him and waited say half an hour for a reply, so posted here.

The mod note should have been more detailed, like I said. My question should have simply been addressed instead of being deleted and ignored. If he was ok with discussion of the episode but not with discussion of her, that needed to be explained clearly initially.

Modding is hard but that was just making it harder for himself.

There are a lot of 'shoulds' in that paragraph which would seem to imply that I owe you some form of better quality of service.I don't.

I deleted your post in the thread because it was directly questioning a mod instruction, which you are well aware of but chose to ignore. Something we do more often than not to give people the benefit of the doubt in cases where a mod instruction has been questioned but we don't feel the poster is being malicious about it. The fact however that you expect a reply to your PM within 30 minutes else straight to feedback in the middle of a working day is frankly absurd, but is somewhat representative of what the feedback forum has become to a certain percentage of posters.

I hadn't expected that I needed to spell out that the three pages of running commentary about Dr Ebun Joseph being "mentally unstable", "not all there”, "a fcukwit" and a "fcukin bimbo", crowned with "go back to Africa" were the problematic and off topic posts but I'll make sure to add that level of granularity in future.

7VtMzg1.png

Your initial mod note compared to your edited one. The fact you edited it shows the initial one wasn't detailed enough and it justifies my question of how it was wildly off-topic. Hiding behind some rule that posters can never question a mod note, while having to edit that same mod note afterwards to make it more clear, is pretty bad form. All you had to do was reply and say "Discussion of her mental state is off-topic".

What's more is that your mod note was after directly after my first post in that thread in about four pages after I woke up, and it wasn't any of those negative things you mentioned. So yes, I think you do actually need to spell out what your intention is, because to follow my post talking about the Prime Time episode in general with a mod note saying the thread has gone wildly off-topic is confusing.

• Advertisement

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/7VtMzg1.png Your initial mod note compared to your edited one. The fact you edited it shows the initial one wasn't detailed enough and it justifies my question of how it was wildly off-topic. Hiding behind[/img]some rule that posters can never question a mod note, while having to edit that same mod note afterwards to make it more clear, is pretty bad form. All you had to do was reply and say "Discussion of her mental state is off-topic".

That is crap. You can of course question a mod note but doing so on-thread is bad form. Several ways to question it: report the post, PM the mod, or yes as you’ve done here, preferably when the first 2 options have already been explored and given reasonable time, post to Feedback or Help Desk. Doing so on thread in particular is derailment.

It’s also bad form of you to ask for clarification and then weaponize the very fact that clarification was offered.

Feedback or Help Desk. Doing so on thread in particular is derailment.
    Feedback is for site-wide issues - Help Desk is where forum-specific issues like that should be raised, but before that consider PM'ing a CMod. CMods can of course chip into Help Desk discussions anyway, although like "regular" users their replies are pre-moderated

I hadn't expected that I needed to spell out that the three pages of running commentary about Dr Ebun Joseph being "mentally unstable", "not all there”, "a fcukwit" and a "fcukin bimbo", crowned with "go back to Africa" were the problematic and off topic posts but I'll make sure to add that level of granularity in future.

I could post numerous examples that are worse from the Trump thread or the Gemma thread with dozens of thanks which could easily be considered bullying, and quite frankly to my eyes reads as disgusting vile behaviour.

But there's only one side weaponizing the reporting of things on social media as we all know. Easy to end up being their pawn. Look how the other antifa threads ended up. All mod reports shutting them down.
    This thread kinda went unnoticed because, frankly, I don't think any of the mods knew what 'Antifa' was. But now it's started to get troublesome and generate reported posts. We've taken a closer look and it seems to have started off as a discussion on some sort of political movement and then turned into back and forth arguments about different political topics.

Well, we're not having it. There are two politics forums where you can discuss this Antifa thing and all other aspects of politics. I suggest you all cut out the bickering that's been going on in this thread when you post in either of those forums.

Not anymore no. You can find that post here.
    Politics....Trump...Antifa....Nazis.....more USA crap. AH has far too much of that OP, go find somewhere else
    Not anymore.

Interesting how the one thread in after hours 'positive' about Antifa is the one that stays open. Are we allowed to ressurect that thread which is here?
    Drag thread off topic by complaining about a thread being off topic.
    #tactic

Here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'd suggest you add at least one additional criteria in your historical analysis: namely around the level of discussion and / or did the discussion descend into bickering and facilitate multiple mod actions.

The threads that did were closed. The thread that didn't wasn't.

Honestly we have had 3 years of the topic being discussed and people losing the run of themselves across multiple threads, despite multiple attempts by multiple mods to keep the discussion civil and on topic.

People seem to see what they want to see, as evidenced by your post, imo.

And a lot of people can't distinguish between putting a point across and putting it across civilly: and as a result assume mod actions are about moderating opinions rather than what they are: moderating discussion.

Baggly wrote: »
    I'd suggest you add at least one additional criteria in your historical analysis: namely around the level of discussion and / or did the discussion descend into bickering and facilitate multiple mod actions.

The threads that did were closed. The thread that didn't wasn't.

Honestly we have had 3 years of the topic being discussed and people losing the run of themselves across multiple threads, despite multiple attempts by multiple mods to keep the discussion civil and on topic.

People seem to see what they want to see, as evidenced by your post, imo.

And a lot of people can't distinguish between putting a point across and putting it across civilly: and as a result assume mod actions are about moderating opinions rather than what they are: moderating discussion.

When the discussion devolves into bickering and such in other threads you(mods) threadban users and issue bans. Not happening in these Antifa threads though.

I suspect boards users know full well what the difference between civilized discussion is, or not, and are in fact doing it deliberately to get the discussion shut down. You guys are becoming a tool for the wokes, they know how to play you like a fiddle. They skate around just under the surface of the rules, annoying people,. bickering, and not getting reported because normal, decent people dont' believe in silencing others. They as soon as they evoke a reaction they report en mass and get any discussion they don't like shut down.
    you literally argued against yourself there, yes its about antifas actions to disputes, therefore its not discussing immigration and doesnt belong in an immigration thread, ill ask again, why are you so adamant that this thread should be closed down?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103317691&postcount=1018
    Yes but I'm not trying to move the thread to immigration
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103317712&postcount=1020
    As for it sliding off the topic of Antifa that’s a result of pages and pages of posts and dozens of contributors, with many, many posters not discussing Antifa in particular.
    You were one of the main culprits in the most recent Antifa thread. You were warned not to engage in bickering with another user and yet you received no infraction/ban/warning when you did exactly that same thing again.
    I have no interest in a back and forth with you. Twice mods have said to cut it out . One even deleted posts. Stop trying to antagonize me. I do not consent.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114163643&postcount=9100
    I’m not antagonizing you I’m responding to your contributions, several of which are directly addressed/in reply to me. You even came into a forum I mod the other week, largely just to stir nonsense about how you didn’t like the moderation in this forum in regard to me, and have made unsolicited comments about me in feedback, and numerous other times in this forum since, many of which as you said have had to be deleted. So, your consent/victimhood argument doesn’t wash. You simply don’t like being challenged on this hypocritical consumption of Ngo’s tweets after you’ve been highly critical for others for their sources and virtue signaled about media bias - which is rich, when the reason you were Threadbanned from the trump election thread was trolling users to provide sources you proudly admitted to doing just to waste their time. Even here, you’ve made sniping remarks about me as ‘the protected one’ etc. - If you really want reprieve the problem isn’t me. The idea that suddenly now you don’t consent is farcical but sure if you want to stop stalking me around the forums finally I’ll accept your apology if you want to give it.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114163878&postcount=9102

What exactly did the mod warning in that post refer to?

If two people argue about something, one party wanting the discussion to continue, the other side not wanting it to continue.
    Then a third party arbiter turns up and says "if you don't stop arguing I'm shutting this discussion down" now the person who wants to shut down the discussion just has to keep on arguing to get what they want.

Incentivizing dickish behaviour.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement