Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-08-2018, 10:44   #16
free_falling

Thanks so much guys! I hadn't heard anything back from them up until now, so I was just getting a little worried. Has anyone found accommodation in Dublin yet?
Advertisement
20-08-2018, 10:55   #17
e1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_falling View Post
Thanks so much guys! I hadn't heard anything back from them up until now, so I was just getting a little worried. Has anyone found accommodation in Dublin yet?
I'm going to be staying with family so I haven't had to look! Have you tried the ucd accommodation websites?
Thanks from:
20-08-2018, 11:17   #18
Celestial12

Quote:
Have you tried looking on the sharing section of daft.ie? You might find something there.

https://www.daft.ie/student-accommod...s%5Bmxp%5D=800
Thanks from:
22-08-2018, 01:02   #19
futuremedic777

I was worried that GEM-course required us to pay the €3000 student contribution, but we're exempt from that!! ;
https://www.ucc.ie/en/media/support/financeoffice/fees/UndergradFees201819V5.pdf

I hope it's the same for the other Medical Schools.
Thanks from:
22-08-2018, 09:42   #20
free_falling

Thanks! I've tried daft.ie and have been looking on the UCDSU accommodation fb page. I have a few viewings lined up, so fingers crossed something comes along soon! Has anyone registered yet? Or got their UCD email - I can't seem to access it yet! I've clicked on the mail icon on the UCD Connect homepage and tried to sign in with my CAO number and date of birth there, but it's not working. Am I doing something wrong?
Advertisement
22-08-2018, 13:20   #21
Celestial12

Quote:
Thanks! I've tried daft.ie and have been looking on the UCDSU accommodation fb page. I have a few viewings lined up, so fingers crossed something comes along soon! Has anyone registered yet? Or got their UCD email - I can't seem to access it yet! I've clicked on the mail icon on the UCD Connect homepage and tried to sign in with my CAO number and date of birth there, but it's not working. Am I doing something wrong?
http://www.ucd.ie/connect/

Scroll down and click on SISWEB. You should be able to use the CAO number and DOB to sign in then. You'll then be prompted to change your password.

I've registered! We can't select our modules until next week, but that's just a formality for us anyway as all 70 credits are compulsory for first year.
Thanks from:
25-08-2018, 07:15   #22
Kirby2k07

Do we not have 1 choice module for first year?
25-08-2018, 09:27   #23
Celestial12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby2k07 View Post
Do we not have 1 choice module for first year?
There's the option to take a summer project (SSRA) during the summer after first year, with the credits assigned to second year. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they're assigned based on academic performance and/or interview.

For those who don't do a summer project, there's two 5 credit modules available instead.
Thanks from:
29-08-2018, 11:53   #24
free_falling

Has everyone got their start times for module registration? And does anyone know if we wanted to take a summer project after first year, would we have to show interest in this now during registration or at a later stage?
Advertisement
29-08-2018, 12:31   #25
Celestial12

Quote:
Has everyone got their start times for module registration? And does anyone know if we wanted to take a summer project after first year, would we have to show interest in this now during registration or at a later stage?
Yep, I got tomorrow at 11:00. The credits associated with the summer projects are assigned to second year so I don’t think we need to register for them now.
29-08-2018, 16:04   #26
futuremedic777

UCC orientation day is on Friday 31st, i've already arrived to settle in.
30-08-2018, 16:16   #27
free_falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial12 View Post
Yep, I got tomorrow at 11:00. The credits associated with the summer projects are assigned to second year so I don’t think we need to register for them now.
How did your registration go - was it pretty straightforward? Mine is not until tomorrow morning
30-08-2018, 16:21   #28
free_falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremedic777 View Post
UCC orientation day is on Friday 31st, i've already arrived to settle in.
UCD orientation doesn't start until the 5th! I hope you are getting settled in and enjoying Cork so far, it's meant to be a beautiful city to live!
30-08-2018, 16:38   #29
free_falling

Quote:
How did your registration go - was it pretty straightforward? Mine is not until tomorrow morning
Oh and have you uploaded a photo for your student card yet? I am alone in my house at the moment, so I don't know how accepting they would be or how comfortable I would feel about uploading a selfie haha.
30-08-2018, 16:46   #30
Celestial12

Quote:
Oh and have you uploaded a photo for your student card yet? I am alone in my house at the moment, so I don't know how accepting they would be or how comfortable I would feel about uploading a selfie haha.
I uploaded a selfie. It was accepted and I don’t really care how it looks to be honest.

Everything was pre-registered already. I noticed the modules were all on blackboard last night before I registered. You probably have access to them too even if you can’t register until tomorrow. Looks like we’ve a lot of work ahead of us!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion