Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's this area like?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just after finding a property on www.myhome.ie that is ideal for me.

However, I am unsure about the area............the property is located in St Finian's Grove, Lucan.

Is this location nice? Is there much trouble in the area etc.?

As some of you may know, I have been searching for a property for ages, and turned down a couple of places that were offered to me through the now obsolete Affordable Housing Initiative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

I'm just after finding a property on www.myhome.ie that is ideal for me.

However, I am unsure about the area............the property is located in St Finian's Grove, Lucan.

Is this location nice? Is there much trouble in the area etc.?

As some of you may know, I have been searching for a property for ages, and turned down a couple of places that were offered to me through the now obsolete Affordable Housing Initiative.

How can you possibly describe it as ideal if you don't know the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Go up and check out the area at a few different times, especially at night. Looks fine on Street View, no burned out cars or boarded up houses anyway :) It is pretty close to the N4, traffic noise could be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

beeno67 wrote: »

Well, the house might well be ideal but the area not as well known as it might be.

Not to mention that EA routinely misrepresent areas to boost prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

beeno67 wrote: »

I meant that it is ideal because it is already adapted for a disabled person.

Well, the house might well be ideal but the area not as well known as it might be.

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

EA = Estate Agents

Why? Is it a kip?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/45-st-finians-grove-lucan-co-dublin/299635

Is this the house???

Is being wheelchair adapted your only criteria?

I don;t specifically know St Finians and I've heard mixed reviews of it.

On the plus side, its about 5 minute walk from Superquinn Lucan/Library/Dunnes etc. Also the primary school, secondary school and church are nearby too. The nearest regular bus is the 25A (besdie superquinn). There's also 210 that goes from blanch to Liffey Valley (through the village) but its really really irregular.

One other thing-that house has been for sale a good while so if you decided it was for you-I'd go in with an offer at least 25%+ below asking-it went on the market last summer for e249k and was reduced to e197k in jan 2011

Hope that helps

Lyn256 wrote: »
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/45-st-finians-grove-lucan-co-dublin/299635

Is this the house???

Is being wheelchair adapted your only criteria?

I don;t specifically know St Finians and I've heard mixed reviews of it.

On the plus side, its about 5 minute walk from Superquinn Lucan/Library/Dunnes etc. Also the primary school, secondary school and church are nearby too. The nearest regular bus is the 25A (besdie superquinn). There's also 210 that goes from blanch to Liffey Valley (through the village) but its really really irregular.

One other thing-that house has been for sale a good while so if you decided it was for you-I'd go in with an offer at least 25%+ below asking-it went on the market last summer for e249k and was reduced to e197k in jan 2011

Hope that helps

Yes, that's the house........and being wheelchair adapted is my number 1 criteria, as I'm a wheelchair user. Transport isn't really a problem, as I have my own car. And, the property is not far from where I work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

As has been suggested in other threads, head up their some evening and see what things are like-around now would be especially good in the run up to Halloween coz thats about the worst time all year for kids etc.
    Why not see if you can have a chat to some of the residents-see how they feel about the area?
    All I've ever done is drive past myself.

As I said earlier-if you think its the right house for you-go in with low offer-its been on the market a good while

• Advertisement
Advertisement