Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice when looking for a place as house share

Options
  • 16-09-2011 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

Im looking for advice when looking at places. And how to get a suitable place.

Im having a bit of a nightmare in getting a place. Its either too far, too expensive, a dump, or its the landlord who shows me around when there's no one else there so i dont know who im sharing with.

Some places i have seen you wouldn't even put a dog in it. Single rooms priced at 260-280 a month. You can get a double room for that. So i think spending that much on a single room is crazy. Came a across another place with an esb box with old furniture and a single room for 70 a week.
    Another place was great, double room for 280 and an extra 40 a month on bills. It wasnt a dump either. Met one of the others, he's a 20 year old student. Other person in the house has just arrived from hong kong with very little english. I dont want to be teaching someone english. Another room empty so i wouldn't know what type of person takes it.
    I rang about another place and was told that they werent interested in sharing with students even though i told them i was 29.

Does it sound as if im being fussy? Or is it really this difficult in finding a place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Im looking for advice when looking at places. And how to get a suitable place.

Im having a bit of a nightmare in getting a place. Its either too far, too expensive, a dump, or its the landlord who shows me around when there's no one else there so i dont know who im sharing with.

Some places i have seen you wouldn't even put a dog in it. Single rooms priced at 260-280 a month. You can get a double room for that. So i think spending that much on a single room is crazy. Came a across another place with an esb box with old furniture and a single room for 70 a week.
    Another place was great, double room for 280 and an extra 40 a month on bills. It wasnt a dump either. Met one of the others, he's a 20 year old student. Other person in the house has just arrived from hong kong with very little english. I dont want to be teaching someone english. Another room empty so i wouldn't know what type of person takes it.
    I rang about another place and was told that they werent interested in sharing with students even though i told them i was 29.

Does it sound as if im being fussy? Or is it really this difficult in finding a place?

Yeah you are. "I dont want to be teaching someone english".

You sound ridiculous. They dodged a bullet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 conorL

We've a large spare room for cheap, but you'll have to learn Chinese

Advertisement