Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost handbag Saturday night Halo nightclub

Options
  • 15-04-2014 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone,
    I lost my handbag on Saturday night in Halo. It's a large cream clutch with a bit of gold near the clasp. It pretty much had my life in it; keys, phone, card, money etc. If anyone could help me find it I'll be eternally grateful and I'm offering a reward. Keys and phone most important bits, the rest I can replace.
    Thanks for looking and I know it's a long shot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Any luck at all with CCTV? :confused:

Any chance these might be your keys from the description? Maybe Scumbag Thief could have gotten a bit angsty and threw away your keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nancy_g1rl

The club say they don't usually let individuals see their CCTV, just the guards, if its reported as stolen. I'm not sure it was stolen. I could have just left it after me as I was pretty drunk. Also the phone was on and ringing until Monday morning, if it was stolen the first thing they would have done was take out the SIM card? Thanks for the link but they don't sound like my keys unfortunately.
    I got my coat out of the cloakroom at the end of the night and the ticket would have come from my bag as I was wearing a dress with no pockets. The whole thing is driving me nuts! Damn my stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Are you sure you didn't leave it in a taxi or chipper or somewhere after you left?

I've tried the taxi companies and McDonalds/Supermacs but no joy. Also tried Millstreet with no luck. Boards is kind of a last ditch attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

nancy_g1rl wrote: »
    I've tried the taxi companies and McDonalds/Supermacs but no joy. Also tried Millstreet with no luck. Boards is kind of a last ditch attempt

So you don't know where you left it then? OP is misleading then and should be edited as it may not have been lost in Halo.

• Advertisement

Maybe someone picked it up thinking it was theirs and then left it in a chipper/taxi. That's why I asked around. Do you really have nothing else to do but be the Internet forum police zarquon? By definition, if I knew exactly where it was it wouldn't be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

nancy_g1rl wrote: »
    Maybe someone picked it up thinking it was theirs and then left it in a chipper/taxi. That's why I asked around. Do you really have nothing else to do but be the Internet forum police zarquon? By definition, if I knew exactly where it was it wouldn't be lost.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be police but helpful. Your posts above would lead to believe that you thought you might have left it in a taxi or supermacs hence why i suggested to edit your OP to widen the search parameters for others! TBH, this is a pretty helpful forum with good people but a non contributor with a snappy attitude will not draw too much sympathy from the masses

zarquon wrote: »
    So you don't know where you left it then? OP is misleading then and should be edited as it may not have been lost in Halo.

The tone of this post does not come across as helpful. A helpful post would not have started with an accusatory question. I'm not trying to draw sympathy from the masses, simply appealing for information. If you feel that you are somehow superior to me as I haven't felt the need to chime in with my two cents on more forums, that is your prerogative.

To everybody else:
    Please, I have lost my handbag. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Would you or your friends have any idea what time ye left the Club at? Don't know much about CCTV, actually I will ask a Security-guy-friend, buttt if they could check through I dunno timestamp or face-recognition or something for the point you walked out of the Club, it might at least rule out whether ya left it after ya in the Club or if ya still had it after Halo? Surely they would be obliging, this is your whole life Handbag like. :/ I'd say if ya tossed one of them a twenty the feicers might be a little more helpful. Does Halo have a Facebook Page, post it there and that you're offering a reward.

It was definitely kicking out time when I left.
    Thanks a million for the Facebook idea, will definitely look into it tomorrow!
    I'll ask again about the CCTV, you're right, it would be good to know if I walked out with it.

Really helpful of you, thanks again :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement