Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places to dine solo

Options
  • 16-04-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

When you are socially stranded in town, where can one eat without being glared out of it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Ballabriggs14

Anywhere.

If you're that self concious about it take a wee notepad in with you and doodle on it. People will think you're a food critic and you'll probably get much better service too :pac:

On a more serious note, the pubs that do food. There will be people in there by themselves having a pint. Massimo's does be very quiet in the weekday evenings and also does very good food at very good rates (special and a pint for a tenner on average).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Any where is good, Boojums or sitting up at the bar in Cellar be two id go to when im eating out on own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Of you're very self conscious about eating alone go to that cafe next to health wise on abbey gate street. They have a long bar .... Very easy to prop up there, loads of mags and papers there and you'll be eating v. Healthy too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

On the cheap Finnegans have loads of solo diner spots and will give you a paper to hide behind a little dearer but good is the pub section of Brasserie top barmen wifi papers and sport on TV. Cellar policy is not to let solo diners take a table but try and seat them at the bar even when quite. kellys is good also when quite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Chi Asian Bistro (former Da Tang Noodle House). Nice food, relaxed but small restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I'd also recommend Finnegan's, and obviously Boojum, as I always tend to be on my own when I eat there...

forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

Advertisement