Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Price Register

Options
  • 21-09-2020 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe a stupid question but is the Property Price Register compliant with GDPR regulations?

Hear me out.

If I live in house number 19999, Ballygobackwards Road, all my neighbours know my address. So I am identifiable by my address to those who know me, yet the Government will put up how much I got for selling my house for all to see.

Do you not have a right to keep that information private? I know the buyer is free to tell people how much they bought the house for but this isn't the same as a State organisation publishing it online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,103 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

GDPR has a number of exceptions to the general rule that data processing requires the consent of the data subject.

One of these exceptions is where data processing is legally required.

So if you have a law providing for the Property Services Regulatory Authority to publish the residential property sale prices, publishing the price of your residential property sale the Authority is not in breach of GDPR.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Peregrinus wrote: »
    GDPR has a number of exceptions to the general rule that data processing requires the consent of the data subject.

One of these exceptions is where data processing is legally required.

So if you have a law providing for the Property Services Regulatory Authority to publish the residential property sale prices, publishing the price of your residential property sale the Authority is not in breach of GDPR.
    why do you want to hide what you paid for the house they don't print your name

most people don't look before they buy and pay to much

i love people knowing i paid a million for my house

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question but is the Property Price Register compliant with GDPR regulations?

Hear me out.

If I live in house number 19999, Ballygobackwards Road, all my neighbours know my address. So I am identifiable by my address to those who know me, yet the Government will put up how much I got for selling my house for all to see.

I presume this is stupid question when people knows about you a lot - how you look and how you behave and you want to hide only how much your house costs? GDPR is to prevent random people who dont know you (potential employer or insurer for example) getting information about you. If you dont like to share your life with your neighbors stop keeping in touch with them.

Advertisement