Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 19-09-2020 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,398 ✭✭✭✭

Some plunge on the Ronan McNally horses today...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Some plunge on the Ronan McNally horses today...

Only one running now two non runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭New Era

Kynren at 20-1 generally for the 3:40 Ayr Gold Cup today looks great value.

Had a recent wind op, he is genuinely Mr reliable in those big handicaps. Is ground versatile and while the trip may be on the short side, hopefully he will be doing his best work at the finish. With a bit of luck in running, hopefully the David Barron trained horse can light up Ayr today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

14:30 Ayr
    Wasntexpectingthat 25/1 - Thrown in, if handling conditions looks a steering job. When I direct my first Gangster movie I am getting Fahey to play the evil blood lusting Don, Shades n all.
    15:25 Newbury
    Cairn Gorm 28/1 - Didn't work out in France LTO, but the time to get on Channons is when the market or no one fancies them. Well overpriced after having a flop, I will always give them a chance after that.
    16:55 Gowran Park
    Oh So True 18/1 - It is no fluke that Gavin Ryan is losing his claim, he made me a nice few Bobeen this summer, thanks Gav - keep your head on and riding winners.
    Lady Anner 16/1 - talking of brilliant jockeys rare enough you get Dusty on a 16-1 shot, has to be backed.

I took out a big pin on the Gold Cup race card, I closed my big fierce looking eyes and I took aim ...... landed on number No 15 AIR RAID - I have a fiver ew on, looking forward to the race now.

I have backed Dick Fahey's blind all day as well. Small Beans, accums and yankees.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

100/1 into 13/8!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,398 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

ASOT wrote: »
    Only one running now two non runners.

6/4 now, some people must hate having money, literally no value in that price considering the race

• Advertisement

6/4 now, some people must hate having money, literally no value in that price considering the race

What do I know, jockey didn't even have to tap the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Was lucky to survive the first. Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

hahahah some chancers. nearly fell off him, wins without touching a hair on his arse with a geansai load to spare. Commentators were pissing themselves.

Was lucky to survive the first. Crazy
    TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    hahahah some chancers. nearly fell off him, wins without touching a hair on his arse with a geansai load to spare. Commentators were pissing themselves.

(Morning price: 20/1 10/1 11/1 7/1 3/1 5/2 7/4 13/8)
    (Ring price: 7/4 13/8 7/4 13/8 7/4 13/8 6/4) SP 6/4fav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Unbelievable coup from the McNally yard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

The likes of that or Hogan and co do about as much for Irish racing's image as Jimmy Saville did for the BBC's

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Handicapping system encourages such shenanigans, more power to them.

lemush wrote: »
    Handicapping system encourages such shenanigans, more power to them.

Totally agree with this. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Totally agree with this. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

A bit like womens' soccer really?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    A bit like womens' soccer really?

Nah. They belong in the kitchen.

Ban incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

Hows the lockdown going slattsy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Slattsy wrote: »
    Nah. They belong in the kitchen.

Ban incoming.

Wouldn’t ban you Slatts ;)

naughto wrote: »
    Hows the lockdown going slattsy

Actually had plans for pints today. Disaster.

The Mig wrote: »
    Wouldn’t ban you Slatts ;)

You'll go far in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kitkatman

dreal deal was put up by one of those subscription tipster bloggers, in fact, there was three pages written on the subject of dreal deal last december by the blogger, as it turns out correctly predicting the horse would win with tons in hand when desired by connections. before you ask, i received the above from a friend and i had no bet on the horse whatsoever.

as others have said, it leaves a very sour taste, the prior runs smack of an insult to the general public. referring to the turf club is a dust gathering exercise.

how do you punish? the deed is done in this instance, preventing replays is what the turf club should be concentrating on. How about refusing to give a horse a handicap mark until he finishes within twenty lengths of the winner of a race?.

• Advertisement

253C1 30 Free Bet For New Customers Hcap H'dle
    The Stewards enquired into the apparent improvement in form of Dreal Deal, trained by Ronan M.P. McNally, placed first compared with its past form. Andrew Shaw, IHRB Senior NH Handicapper gave a general summary on this animals poor form during it's racing career and summarised today's performance as being an improvement in excess of 2 stone. In his opinion based on past form he was surprised with the confidence behind todays run. He advised the Stewards that the recent runs under the Rules of Racing were outside his remit. Ronan M.P. McNally, trainer, stated that his yard had been under a cloud since November 2019 and aspergillus had been the diagnosed problem to explain the illness of all his horses. He felt that this condition accounted for their abysmal performances. Following the poor performance by his charge The Jam Man at the Cheltenham Festival in March he turned all his horses out and they lived in the paddocks without being ridden out. He recalled that the reopening of the racing following the lockdown was the time at which he brought his horses back in and started to train them again. Under questioning as to why Dreal Deal ran on the 17th June at Gowran Park in a nine furlong flat race when it appeared from evidence that the animal had only returned to racing following a three to four month layoff, the trainer stated that he was about 80% fit on that occasion. Under further questioning about running this animal under the Rules of Racing, the trainer stated that this was done to sharpen him up. He explained that this animal had been purchased privately having been previously trained as a Point to Pointer having shown good racing form. He felt in hindsight that the animal should have been laid off and allowed to mature following a tough training regime. He was satisfied that his patience with this animal brought him back to good health. He contributed today's improved run to the fact that his horses are now working well with all training done at home or locally. He was unable to account for the strong market support for his charge today and felt that it may have been local support. Evidence was also heard from Mr E.P. O'Brien, todays rider, who had also previously ridden this animal both in his Point to Points when handled by Paul O'Flynn and on three occasions when trained by Mr McNally. He stated that this was a nice young horse when racing in Point to Points but disappointed thereafter. He did not pinpoint any specific reason for the poor performance on the previous occasions that he had ridden him. Having considered the evidence the Stewards referred the matter to the Referrals Committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

They no it we no it every cu1nt knows it the hand break was on for the poor results
    Left off to day it ran like forest Gump

Closutton do it all winter and never get asked a question.

They ride the small man up the ass every time.

HRI are chicken shít chunts, I won't be the first or last to say it.

Easy enough to throw the bans at small up and coming trainers or even any small operation. They won't dare touch the big stables however, afraid of their shight to go near them.

" Having considered the evidence the Stewards referred the matter to the Referrals Committee "

What a gang of mincers.:rolleyes:

I said it before, punters should set up there own public body and lean on HRI.

If every punter in the country gave a € 1 donation it would be up and running. It would ensure:-

1) Daily publication of enquiries inc names of stewards
    2) Daily publications of all photo finishes ( as required or if applicable)
    3) Mandatory declaration of trainers of mare in foal.
    4) Transparency of drug treatments, prior to a horse hitting the stalls
    5) Details of drug screening on track or at home stables.
    6) Proper ground declarations - as they happen.

For starters.

Punters are forking out 10000000's every year, we need support also. We are treated worse than your ugly cousin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Panrich

“Hopefully the handicapper is not too hard on him” 😇😀

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭flos1964

Improved performance due to the application of money.....

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

According to McNally this morning, he only managed to get on at 3/1 and 6/4.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Have given up completely on Irish racing. There are too many conflicts. One race in Leopardstown last year with four Ballydoyle runners. The Ballydolyle favourite finished behind the other three. Likewise with Eliott and Mullins. Too many entries from the same stables. Fancied horse on known form being turned over all the time and silly excuses thrown up.

Edgware wrote: »
    Have given up completely on Irish racing. There are too many conflicts. One race in Leopardstown last year with four Ballydoyle runners. The Ballydolyle favourite finished behind the other three. Likewise with Eliott and Mullins. Too many entries from the same stables. Fancied horse on known form being turned over all the time and silly excuses thrown up.

It cuts both ways though Edgeware. I mean, from gumption alone I know when not to be backing the real blatant ones. I see too many 1/3 shots turned over.

But it gets to a point where you looking to see " whose turn " it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Edgware wrote: »

Pox bottles take the piss. There's a clear conflict of interest when a trainer has more than one horse in a race. No wonder my local bookies got smashed up after a 1/2 shot lost.

Advertisement