Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strangers With Guns @ The Wild Duck (Sycamore Street) September 20th 2020

Options
  • 05-09-2020 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Playing with Stitch Jones and Sweethang & Freeman on September 18th between 4 and 7. Socially Distanced gig will be 50 max. Not sure personally on how it is been done I've seen pictures and its seated but looks good.

Tener at the door and will be supporting local music, plus how long has it been since you've gone to a gig eh. Bit of everything on this bill. Stitch Jones are a 2 piece Bass and Drums, but BIG bass and drums. Sweethang & Freeman have a bit of everything, lot of nuance. And Strangers With Guns, predominately balls out heavy, but definitely got some Tenderness in there.

No idea how this will sell, but here's hoping. Will leave some links to the bands musics below,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Did I miss something? Have they given gigs the go ahead again?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Joffrey

Gigs can go ahead indoors with a max capacity of 50. Its seated too.

Joffrey wrote: »
    Gigs can go ahead indoors with a max capacity of 50. Its seated too.

No, really? Did they not clarify that that was just for theatres, galleries etc, not for gigs? I messaged Whelan's to ask would the These Charming men gig go ahead on 26th September and they said not unless there was a further government announcement.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stillill42 wrote: »
    No, really? Did they not clarify that that was just for theatres, galleries etc, not for gigs? I messaged Whelan's to ask would the These Charming men gig go ahead on 26th September and they said not unless there was a further government announcement.

The Workmans and Opium have done fully seated gigs(social distanced) over the last few weeks

That's mad. I can't keep up with these regulations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Joffrey

Venues and bands couldn't really hold off to see what would happen so lots was cancelled or rebooked well in advance. Most of the new gigs going ahead are fresh announcements, pretty much everything got cancelled ahead of schedule

Advertisement