Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

french holiday cancellation fees

• 16-08-2020 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all
    I booked to travel to France with Irish Ferries for September in December last.
    I booked flexi fare in case I could extend my holiday and paid 100 euro deposit. I was contacted by IF recently regarding payment of the remainder of fare and due to the coronavirus situation decided at age 70 it safer to cancel.As expected I lost the 30 flexi charge but was surprised to only be offered a credit note for the remainder. When I asked for refund I was only offered 52 euro. I usually travel Stena and when I had to cancel a few years ago immediate refund to my card was made.
    I would be interested to know of others experience. It is highly unlikely that I will ever travel Irish Ferries again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057621952/640/#post114327850

Alot of similar info in this thread. Not camper specific but alot to do with IF and Stena and all France hols. U just need to read through the pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Thanks for the reply. It seems I am not the only one being screwed over by Irish ferries. Its a very shortsighted policy, I know that I for one will never use their services in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 timmo63

i lost 500 euro the rest being a voucher, and that was putting it off till next year,

Advertisement