Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall Guys (PC/PS4) The BR to end all BR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, pretty disastrous night. Not sure if I'm a fan of the randomness of Jump Showdown platforms falling away. As poster above says, if you pick the wrong choice you're screwed but it's completely out of your hands and removes any skill from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Laggy as **** tonight

Still got the win, **** lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Feels like the skill ceiling isn't high enough for some of the game modes. Some of the stages are literally run forward and hope a 200mph ball doesn't make you lose the game.

Had to refund it

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Feels like the skill ceiling isn't high enough for some of the game modes. Some of the stages are literally run forward and hope a 200mph ball doesn't make you lose the game.

Had to refund it

That is half the attraction of the game tbh everyone has a decent shot regardless of skill,BR's are pretty competitive and try hard this is a breath of fresh air in the genre thats super popular hopefully we see similar devs try a more casual non shooter BR

Was never very adept at any BR and they get frustrating getting killed by some arse hole camping in corner for half an hour.This i can pick up for an hour have a laugh make a few finals and not feel i just wasted my time dying a few minutes into each game and queuing again.

Obviously everyones different but the casual low skill nature is why it has taken off imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I really enjoyed this at the start but it quickly became repetitive. The team games are also very annoying, I actually quit a few times during tail tag in R2.

It's definitely a game for playing 2 or 3 rounds and then onto something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If the tail games come up, single or team, I can't even be arsed to be honest. They're awful. Does anyone like them?

J. Marston wrote: »
    If the tail games come up, single or team, I can't even be arsed to be honest. They're awful. Does anyone like them?

They're hit and miss for me. The team one is pretty awful, as is the Jinx team one. The solo tail one where there's maybe 20 or so players can be alright, but there's almost no point doing anything for the first minute and then just go after one in the last 30 seconds. The final round one with only one tail is very dependent on how many players are in it. Less than 5 it's almost impossible to catch the player with the tail. More than that and it's okay.

On the whole though, the grab mechanic itself needs work for any of those modes to be successful, and right now it's still flimsy as f*ck.

A very good way to take advantage of those thirsty brands...

https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1295416753976160259

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's definitely a game for playing 2 or 3 rounds and then onto something else.

Had to refund it
    It's just a party game. The kind you play with friends with some drunkeness possibly. It lends itself very well to streamers so that has probably boosted it well beyond what it normally would attract.

I played it for free from a family shared account. Played about 3 games and was already done with it. For a game with such friendly asthetics it's actually unbelievably frustrating to play. I've played some competitive games like CSGO and Tekken 7 but never felt the frustration I did with this. There's so much luck involved and things outside of your control. Doesn't feel good to play. Glad I didn't have to pay a cent for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It would take something special for me to fork out a couple euro for a skin.

I agree with everything you've said, but as far as I'm aware, the skins will be special items at x cost, which you can earn in game. The problem would be not having enough for that costume if it's on a special timer. But I'd imagine the branded ones will be permanent in the store but just cost a lot of the in game currency/crowns (wins). And of course you can buy the currency with real money, but you don't have to. I don't mind that way of doing it.
    I'm getting that ol' feeling I got from other games now ... a bit of performance anxiety :eek: Like I'll think to myself, what's the point? I never win ... :mad:

I had to try and explain this game to my nephew. He's autistic and can get very upset when something doesn't go the way he expects/wants it to, so to try and convince him it's not about the winning, it's just about playing and enjoying what you're doing, and if you win, great, if not, try again. Hope it got through, but you're right, people will lose the rag over this game!

For the people who can't see the tweet, the text:

"�� BATTLE OF THE BRANDS ��

The thirst from brands has been unreal... so we're turning it into something positive!

Prize: Your brand inside Fall Guys as a costume!

�� To enter:
    Reply to this tweet with the highest amount of money you would be willing to donate to @SpecialEffect"

Excellent way of doing things. Can't wait to see the replies, and puts companies in a very tough position, with no doubt already heated meetings about who to outbid, etc. Shall be fun I'd say.

Edit: It has begun and is in full swing. Most recent amount I've read is $100,000 by MrBeastYT, whoever the hell that is.

Earlier article: https://www.pcgamesn.com/fall-guys-ultimate-knockout/skin-contest

I don't use Twitter so either the haven't replied in 5 hours, or I can't figure out how to put it in time order...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I can see the appeal but it's just not for me. Downloaded it but yet to launch it, anytime I think of doing it I just can't engineer any enthusiasm to do so. Maybe I'm too old to have fun anymore.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I can see the appeal but it's just not for me. Downloaded it but yet to launch it, anytime I think of doing it I just can't engineer any enthusiasm to do so. Maybe I'm too old to have fun anymore.

Would it help if I said there are no cut-scenes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I really liked the idea of this game in principle. It’s essentially Takeshi’s Castle ffs!

And I see the appeal of the game for younger people or drunken parties but there’s too many things outside of my control to make it fun.

Like what’s the deal with having a team football game in there when you have to rely on two others.

Fair enough if the whole thing was team based but it’s not. So I can take responsibility for my own errors of judgement but then all my good work is erased by two numpties.

Just too frustrating. I’ll stick to Apex Legends with mates.

Make no mistake though this game will make a LOT of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

So I can take responsibility for my own errors of judgement but then all my good work is erased by two numpties.

Just too frustrating. I’ll stick to Apex Legends with mates.

Make no mistake though this game will make a LOT of money.

:pac::pac:

Solo queuing is the same in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

fixXxer wrote: »
    :pac::pac:

Solo queuing is the same in every game.

I don’t solo very often thankfully but to be honest when I do it’s generally me that’s the numpty. Lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Fair enough if the whole thing was team based but it’s not. So I can take responsibility for my own errors of judgement but then all my good work is erased by two numpties.

This is definitely the games biggest downfall. You can spend ten minutes getting to R3/4 and end up on a useless team where it's literally impossible for you to get through.

It would be great if they could introduce an option to turn off team games. I would definitely play it more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Kingp35 wrote: »
    This is definitely the games biggest downfall. You can spend ten minutes getting to R3/4 and end up on a useless team where it's literally impossible for you to get through.

It would be great if they could introduce an option to turn off team games. I would definitely play it more then.

Surely this will happen in the future! Its my only real gripe with the game. I generally really enjoy it, dont have much time for gaming these days unfortunately so this is ideal when I do have a spare half hour to jump in and play something.

Having an all solo mode would def increase my enjoyment of it though, as others have said its infuriating getting to round 4 only to be let down by a load of useless teammates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I think I'm over this one already, it was fun to stick on for an hour here and there but it actually feels like a chore now. The music irritates the hell out of me, and once the silly/cutsey factor blows over and you realise everyone is actually try harding in this game it doesn't feel fun anymore [for me at least, some probably still loving it] I also really dislike that for a SP game, you have to rely on others to do well - one round with one bad team and you're done, this can happen a few games in a row and there's that session ruined. It can feel you've just wasted that hour or two.

I'll check back when they release any new content, I mean I did predict that I would get bored of it fast, shame I was so right.

https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1296465140934684676?s=20

All sounds reasonable. They need to fix lag though because it f*cked me over twice last night.

I wish there was an option for no team games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Winning is fun and all, but making others lose is the pinnacle of gaming

unknown.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭McFly85

Winning is fun and all, but making others lose the pinnacle of gaming

unknown.png

God, that bit!! I must have had 10 games of slime climb and only once this morning got past it!

On the whole I’m loving this game. Easy to jump into, the missus loves it(currently p*ssing herself laughing in a game right now) and my niece and nephew are in lockdown in Kildare so was great to have an hour this afternoon to play it with them. Team games are also way more fun with people you know on your team!

It can be annoying when you miss out because of lag or a crap team or something, but it’s like MarioKart, where there’s enough randomness where everyone can jump in and have a possibility to win, so just enjoying it is as important as trying to win every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

They need more games and I would like to see a roulette wheel of stages and the most people that press the button on the stage they want that is the next stage played.

4 games last night, made it to final round in each.

First Fall Mountain, I mistimed my jump for the crown and lost. My mistake.

Second Fall Mountain, went to jump for the crown and guy behind me grabbed me causing me to fall short. Annoying, but had to laugh.

Third Fall Mountain (just random luck that FM had been final round each time so far), me and guy jumped at same time and even though I was clearly in front of him a little, he got it (I'm presuming lag is why he looked to be behind me).

Fourth time, server disconnected before final round could load.

So not a productive night by any metric.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭McFly85

Few games this morning, and finally got my first win! Was in the one where you have to be the last one with the tail. Was a bit lucky, 5 in the final piled on top of eachother and I came out with it. The lag on this one can be annoying, earlier a guy grabbed the tail off me while he looked to be a good bit away, and I could be right next to the person and I can’t grab anything!

And while I don’t mind team games even though you can be ruined with a crap team, had a game of the football one with 9 people so the other team got the man advantage and we got destroyed. I hope they patch it so those kind of games have to have an even number for that game to be picked so you don’t feel like it’s pointless from the first second.

McFly85 wrote: »
    Few games this morning, and finally got my first win! Was in the one where you have to be the last one with the tail. Was a bit lucky, 5 in the final piled on top of eachother and I came out with it. The lag on this one can be annoying, earlier a guy grabbed the tail off me while he looked to be a good bit away, and I could be right next to the person and I can’t grab anything!

And while I don’t mind team games even though you can be ruined with a crap team, had a game of the football one with 9 people so the other team got the man advantage and we got destroyed. I hope they patch it so those kind of games have to have an even number for that game to be picked so you don’t feel like it’s pointless from the first second.

They are. Patch this week will mean no team games if theres an uneven number of players. Dont know why they make it so say 43 players advance to the next round. 42 is divisible by 2 and 3, or 40 by 2 and 4 so they could have any team game after that. Or 19 players etc. Must be random but doesn't need to be.

They're also going to fix the camera movements in Jump Showdown thankfully. That one really annoyed me.

Three games in a row tonight where after the first few rounds whittled us down to 8 players we ended up in a game of Fall Ball. Just go straight to the final round once it's 10 players or less left. Going through Fall Ball at that stage is just a waste of time and always means you end up with Royal Fumble as the last round which, with fewer than 5 players, is just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Fall Guys has the best social media management of any game I've seen yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Decided I'm gonna pick this up. This will be the first PC game i will buy in about 10 years or more.

Advertisement