Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Is it looking like Troy's Milwalls adventure is over? Hope he is ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Newcastle will be a good test as well to see where we are at. If they sit back, which I think they will, it will be interesting to see if we have developed any creativity in the final third over the last 12 months

Yes, a completely different challenge to last week’s game where we hit them on the break for Son’s four goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

abff wrote: »
    Yes, a completely different challenge to last week’s game where we hit them on the break for Son’s four goals.

Exactly. If any team other than Liverpool or City play as high a line as southampton against us from now until the end of the season of be amazed

joeguevara wrote: »
    Is it looking like Troy's Milwalls adventure is over? Hope he is ok?

Where did you hear this? There’s nothing about it on the BBC website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

Seen Rowett talking about him yesterday and it seemed a few weeks of an injury, cant see them sending him back after that. Should have been taken off earlier according to Rowett

• Advertisement

https://www.the42.ie/troy-parrott-ankle-injury-millwall-5213408-Sep2020/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭golfball37

Good win and performance against Newcastle needed. Despite the second half v Southampton which was against no Defence I’m not confident at all.

duffman13 wrote: »
    That just says his debut was cut short

However, Parrott must now wait to discover the extent of an ankle problem he sustained in the early stages of last night’s Carabao Cup loss.

“You could see it was affecting his movement,” Rowett told the South London Press. “He had to come off at half-time. He got a kick on the ankle early in the game. You could see he was struggling movement-wise. I probably should have taken him off. It doesn’t look great, but we’ll see.

Definitely out for all of next months Internationals. From what I heard, he probably wont be playing for Milwall again.

However, Parrott must now wait to discover the extent of an ankle problem he sustained in the early stages of last night’s Carabao Cup loss.

“You could see it was affecting his movement,” Rowett told the South London Press. “He had to come off at half-time. He got a kick on the ankle early in the game. You could see he was struggling movement-wise. I probably should have taken him off. It doesn’t look great, but we’ll see.

Definitely out for all of next months Internationals. From what I heard, he probably wont be playing for Milwall again.

He is out for a few weeks from what I'd heard, admittedly that was yesterday but hopefully its not more long term than that

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    He is out for a few weeks from what I'd heard, admittedly that was yesterday but hopefully its not more long term than that

Not looking good for the internationals.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/troy-parrott-s-millwall-debut-curtailed-by-injury-1.4363491

Looking like by the weekend or early next week we will have Skriniar and Millik. Honestly if you were reading this A few months ago you would have thought it was fan fiction or my championship manager game.

Has it changed perspective for the people who were anti ENIC. Is it finally our time to step up. Do people think different about Mourinho? Is it indicative of the first time they have believed in a manager(Lewis and levy).

Thing I am most happy about is how José seems to have worked with ndombele and is part of the current change. Lads, I’ve booked loads of seats for the Joe train and every single one of ye are invited. Except the fella who yellow carded me for my Neville comment and another who dare not be named.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,915 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can't criticise this transfer windows activity. The quality of players brought in and the manner have been excellent (not the usual drawn out nonsense of by gone summers).

Even the usual grip that players aren't bought with sufficient time preseason time to bed in is a null argument this year.

Still think Mourinho has peaked as a manger and the game has moved on beyond his approach and skill set in the last 5-6 years. A couple of trophies in the next couple of seasons isnt beyond us but I don't see Jose building any sort of legacy at WHL.

Hard not to wonder what Poch must be thinking when he looks on and see's the transfer investments been made now and what he could have done with similar options a couple of seasons ago.

Can't criticise this transfer windows activity. The quality of players brought in and the manner have been excellent (not the usual drawn out nonsense of by gone summers).

Even the usual grip that players aren't bought with sufficient time preseason time to bed in is a null argument this year.

Still think Mourinho has peaked as a manger and the game has moved on beyond his approach and skill set in the last 5-6 years. A couple of trophies in the next couple of seasons isnt beyond us but I don't see Jose building any sort of legacy at WHL.

Hard not to wonder what Poch must be thinking when he looks on and see's the transfer investments been made now and what he could have done with similar options a couple of seasons ago.

Not sure if he has peaked. His style was passé but I honestly believe him when he said that he studied the game since United. It looks like he agreed a plan with levy including players list. And for the first time it looks like we are implementing a plan. You have no idea how much I am loving this. I couldn’t keep on predicting wins the way we were. I’m not that nuts.

we will never know to what extent poch demanded players or blocked new ones coming in

no way he oks the signings of hojbjerg, doherty, skriniar for instance. too old, or blocking players he wanted to develop.

very very hard to know

certainly the chemistry with levy and Jose is very different, whatever the cause

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Not sure if he has peaked. His style was passé but I honestly believe him when he said that he studied the game since United. It looks like he agreed a plan with levy including players list. And for the first time it looks like we are implementing a plan. You have no idea how much I am loving this. I couldn’t keep on predicting wins the way we were. I’m not that nuts.

Sorry Joe, gonna have to ask for proof that your not nuts!

Soccer is still won on the pitch. I won’t be getting too excited about what a great job the suits have done if we don’t beat Newcastle on Sunday personally

tbh we have had one test this season and were lucky to lose only one nil

Southampton disintegrated and we took great advantage

two uefa performances were poor

we have a lot of players and ideas to integrate, top four is plenty of work away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

we will never know to what extent poch demanded players or blocked new ones coming in

no way he oks the signings of hojbjerg, doherty, skriniar for instance. too old, or blocking players he wanted to develop.

very very hard to know

certainly the chemistry with levy and Jose is very different, whatever the cause

Yeah we will never know. But what we do know now is that Mourinho has been backed to the hilt.

I’m delighted with that because I love the club and that’s the best way forward. Pick a manager and back him.

We also know that Doherty and Højbjerg were not the players Poch was after

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Sorry Joe, gonna have to ask for proof that your not nuts!

Honestly I am so level headed. Only part that isn’t is spurs. Bit of a blind spot. But for the first time ever I am actually confident. Weird how I felt just before the CL final. I knew that we were fcucked but still believed.

Always loved Jose and I think we have a good chance to be champions. At least UEFA cup winners. If we get the last two signings then we have one of the best teams in the league. Newcastle will tell a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Honestly I am so level headed. Only part that isn’t is spurs. Bit of a blind spot. But for the first time ever I am actually confident. Weird how I felt just before the CL final. I knew that we were fcucked but still believed.

Always loved Jose and I think we have a good chance to be champions. At least UEFA cup winners. If we get the last two signings then we have one of the best teams in the league. Newcastle will tell a lot.

I’m gonna be pessimist and predict a treble.

League cup
    Fa cup
    UEFA cup.

tom1ie wrote: »
    I’m gonna be pessimist and predict a treble.

League cup
    Fa cup
    UEFA cup.

PL instead of League Cup.

Tomorrow against Newcastle should be an interesting litmus test for the team.

Our strength seems to lie in quick and effective counter attacking and I think we tend to struggle against teams who ‘park the bus’. Let’s hope we have the creativity to break Newcastle down.

If we get ahead, this may force them to come out of their shell, which would give us opportunities to hit them on the break. If they happen to score first, I fear it could be a very long and difficult afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭Glebee

Lucas Moura - where possession goes to die..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Lucas Moura - where possession goes to die..

lol, i knew he would score after i posted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Is it just me or are we playing very well? So well that we’re in danger of drawing this game if we don’t convert soon

Ormus wrote: »
    Is it just me or are we playing very well? So well that we’re in danger of drawing this game if we don’t convert soon

I’m usually glass half empty when it comes to us but this is a good performance. Impressed with Holberg and LC as a midfield combo, very encouraging

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Very solid so far, but i will always worry when we're only 1 up. Need to convert some of these chances and pull away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

golfball37 wrote: »
    I’m usually glass half empty when it comes to us but this is a good performance. Impressed with Holberg and LC as a midfield combo, very encouraging

Yeah PEH has played a couple of nice passes, didn’t think he had that in his locker. Worrying about Sonny going off

• Advertisement

We seem to have totally lost our shape this half. We need another goal to settle the nerves.

Advertisement