Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exposing hypocrisy..... yeh or neh?

Options
  • 25-09-2020 5:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Before I launch into a full blown lecture, let me just get some general thoughts on the matter.

But first;

"Hypocrisy" - the outward condemnation of a behaviour, practice or philosophy that one engages in and endorses in their own personal affairs and endeavours.

If we were to speculate it goes hand in hand with instability ("dat bitch be crazy"), then I guess there's a little hypocrisy in all of us... :rolleyes:

AmIRite?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Before I launch into a full blown lecture, let me just get some general thoughts on the matter.

But first;

"Hypocrisy" - the outward condemnation of a behaviour, practice or philosophy that one engages in and endorses their own personal affairs and endeavours.

If we were to speculate it goes hand in hand with instability ("dat bitch be crazy"), then I guess there's a little hypocrisy in all of us... :rolleyes:

AmIRite?

Don't think you are right, no. Not by the definition you have listed above.

From Google
    Hypocrisy - The practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

Whers da Lecture already?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Expose away, gremlin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Don't think you are right, no. Not by the definition you have listed above.

From Google

'Splain to me how that's different from what I've outlined?

"Pretense", doesn't quite adequately capture the inherent destructiveness of hypocrisy.

"Pretense" is what I do when I'm trying to pick up chicks; "oh yeah, I totally have a large bank account, lots of money etc".

'Splain to me how that's different from what I've outlined?

"Pretense", doesn't quite adequately capture the inherent destructiveness of hypocrisy.

"Pretense" is what I do when I'm trying to pick up chicks; "oh yeah, I totally have a large bank account, lots of money etc".

Your Statement
    "Hypocrisy" - the outward condemnation of a behaviour, practice or philosophy that one engages in and endorses their own personal affairs and endeavours.

This statement suggests that someone condemns one behaviour and endorses their own, but it doesn't point out that both behaviours are essentially the same.

• Advertisement

larva wrote: »
    Whers da Lecture already?!

Actually information absorption occurs best in concise packets.... "quanta", if you will.

So, consider this a lecture but, spread out over several posts.

Condemnation of a behaviour personally/covertly/(sometimes shamelessly) practiced by the condemner.

And my contention is its primarily associated with emotional instability.

Actually information absorption occurs best in concise packets.... "quanta", if you will.

So, consider this a lecture but, spread out over several posts.

Condemnation of a behaviour personally/covertly/(sometimes shamelessly) practiced by the condemner.

And my contention is its primarily associated with emotional instability.

This sounds like you are dragging out a book report because you haven't your homework done and are trying to buy time.

Come on, let's have it. Enlighten us.

Let me give an example.

I know this chick. HUGE c**k fiend.

This chick just can't get enough, morning noon and night.

I have yet to hear her not absolutely slate the promiscuity of others, both men and women, every chance she gets.

It just drives her nuts.

That's condemnation of what she practices in her own personal affairs - driven by emotional volatility/instability (I actually think she's just mad cause they're more effective at being promiscuous than she is - so she slates them in this holier-than-thou pretense).

How is this a current affair, you may ask?

Extrapolate this - to say, the Irish government and those in an "advisory" position.

- Josepha Madigan
    - Francis Fitzgerald
    - Jennifer Carroll McNeill
    - Helen Mac - I haven't decided yet, still on the fence.

Condemnation outwardly, of what they personally practice.

Do you want to explain why you have picked 4 women as examples of those practising hypocrisy within Irish Governmental circles?
    And in what way they are doing so?

This thread has all the hall marks of those 'chore' threads that used to appear frequently here.

Do you want to explain why you have picked 4 women as examples of those practising hypocrisy within Irish Governmental circles?
    And in what way they are doing so?

This thread has all the hall marks of those 'chore' threads that used to appear frequently here.

"Chore" - what are we taking here, a laborious exercise, boards.ie username, what...??

I am a thorough advocate of women in addition to men in governmental and authoritative roles.

That's first.

Dudes alone often do not have the perspective and insight to make adequate, productive decisions.

What's the expression I'm looking for here.... "men run the world, but the women pull the strings".... nuh, something along those lines though.

I selected those names as I feel that, positions aside they're probably the among the primary decision makers in Irish parliament currently.

Or certainly primary decision influencers.

This is current affairs so in some way has to relate to the top-down dynamic,
    i.e. has to relate to Irish governance.

Who else, Leo, Harris, Shane Ross?
    lol, dude can't organize a bicycle lane, let alone influence the culture and thinking of a nation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement