Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to recycle brake fluid, ATF and diff oil (Dublin)

Options
  • 19-09-2020 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

As per title. I have a bottle of old brake fluid since last year, and will be doing an AFT/diif soon too. I may do a coolant change too.

The DCC bring centres seem to just take engine oil (I checked with 3 of them).

Also, unrelated to motors, but hardly worth another thread elsewhere, I need to dump some pillows, https://www.mywaste.ie/what-to-do-with/duvets-pillows/ says general waste bin, do they mean the household bin?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whocare

I just mix it in with old engine oil no will know or care . Coolant do what everyone do with it pour it hole in ground or ditch or down a drain but Don't leave it puddle as dog/cat could drink it and die

If you want "pc" answer ask your local small garage if they can recycle it properly if you have neck to ask them after doing you're own servicing that is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Whocare wrote: »
    ...Coolant do what everyone do with it pour it hole in ground or ditch or down a drain...

WTF advice is that?

Op...bring it to a recycle centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Go to a recycling centre and ask the man where to put oil. He will point you to a container with a big drum, pour it in there.

Dont be too chatty.

Maybe a place that break/ recycling car could recycle too .

Pkiernan wrote: »
    WTF advice is that?

Op...bring it to a recycle centre

What recycling centre have a place for old coolant ? No were because there no value in compared to used engine oil. I stand corrected if you know of a recycling centre that take coolant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Year's ago I used to bring used oil to summerhill spares there in coolock, they charge a small fee for it.

Can't remember now if they take other liquids, worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Son wrote: »
    Year's ago I used to bring used oil to summerhill spares there in coolock, they charge a small fee for it.

Can't remember now if they take other liquids, worth a try.

Forgot about them, just up the raod from me, thanks.

What do they do with the old oil BTW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

they put it in sausages and black puddins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

They used to recycle old oil and add additives to make it usable.Some people have old oil burners to use for heating and great for getting rid of waste oil.Hazardous waste can be brought to ballyogan as they have different area bins for different products

We used to get paid when donating oil to Enva and now we have to pay to get rid of it legally.

• Advertisement

Still not got around to doing the job, but rang summerhill spares in coolock and can confirm they do take it, €1 per gallon

Advertisement