Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Romanian reg number on Irish plates

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Its just a frame wrapped around the plate. It doesn't hold the plate to the car.

if its a skoda its part of the over all structure , you have to remove the engine to take it off .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

just saw a pic of a RO car on fb with the poster pointing pout it's dealer sticker from Australia. It's an epidemic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Those Romanians...Stealing our number plate surrounds and our women

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Those Romanians...Stealing our number plate surrounds and our women

yeah and camping on our roundabouts....

I don't suppose they were both tucking into an 'aul breast of swan while pulled up at the lights there OP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Isambard wrote: »
    yeah and camping on our roundabouts....

That would be Roma. Not from Romania, but rather India.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Kiwi John

Not cars but there seem to be quite a few trucks on PL,RO and BG plates that are clearly used on local work getting about, how can they be getting away with that.

That would be Roma. Not from Romania, but rather India.

you don't say....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Title needs amending to

Romanian reg plate with Irish plate holder

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Kiwi John wrote: »
    Not cars but there seem to be quite a few trucks on PL,RO and BG plates that are clearly used on local work getting about, how can they be getting away with that.

A few irish transport companies have relocated their office (brass plate office) to Romania to avail of cheaper commercial insurance and motor taxes, and rates of pay if they get Romania drivers to operate here.

Romania is an EU member.

It's completely legal, but only beneficial to larger operations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Esel wrote: »
    Title needs amending to

Romanian reg plate with Irish plate holder

That's true. But bear in mind I started the thread (and so put up the thread title) when I thought it was a case of somebody buying a new car from a dealer here, and then getting plates made with a Romanian number instead of an Irish number. I now realise there are other possible explanations too.

Advertisement