Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple trees

Options
  • 24-09-2020 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Hi all, a few questions. Which Apple tree to buy with nice eatable fruit and do I have to buy two? If I do need two how close together do they need to be. How long before they produce fruit? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

check out irish seed savers, they do apple trees 'native' to ireland and which are suited to the climate here.
    you don't necessarily need to buy two, especially if there are a few apple trees nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Future Forests in Cork have a good explaination of apple sizes and pollinators in their website. Worth a look and they deliver nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

Second vote for Irish Seed Savers. They'll advise as to the best type depending on where you are in the country. If you have the space buy several different varieties. They usually have an apple weekend around this time of year when you can go to see and taste different apples. Give them a ring and you may be able to arrange something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Thanks for the help guys, I’ll follow up on those recommendations.

Advertisement