Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap car left on property?

Options
  • 23-09-2020 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,259 ✭✭✭✭

I've a family member who has some older cars on their farm.
    He's always been reluctant to sell them but sold a few in the past year.
    Now he sold one to this guy who claimed to be '''Jack Black'' My relative insisted on them not taking the car until he had the Log book sent off for a few days.
    Jack Black said fair enough and he took a part of the car he wanted.
    This is a while ago now and he doesn't seem to have much of attention of collecting the car.
    My relative isn't the sharpest and he can be taken advantage of easily.
    I know of the guy who bought the car.(I was very surprised this guy would be into cars to be honest). I put his phone number into my phone and his Whatsapp picture clearly isn't the guy he's claiming to be.

Now the car is sitting there. The people who wanted it had no issues with calling during this time so I don't think Covid is there issue. The car can also be collected easily enough with a transporter.
    If you contact them. They'll always say. They'll be around soon or in the next week and they aren't show up.

The car isn't driving, fit to drive, etc.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

"took a part of"?

Also did he pay for the car?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement