Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search for 24 Hour Vostok Amphibia

Options
  • 22-09-2020 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Приветствую вас, товарищи!

I have an itch for a 24 hour watch and Vostok seems to offer some cool designs. Their selection is plentiful but I can't find these specific Vostok Amphibia anywhere. Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction?

Open to other suggestions. What I like on these two models are the crosshairs that divide the day into 4 periods.

Vostok Watch Amphibian SE 420B06SW1

Vostok_Amphibia_SE_420B06SW1-01-1800x1800.jpg

Vostok Amphibian SE 420454S

vostok_amphibia_se_420454s-01-600x900-jpg.8970089

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,926 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Amik wrote: »
    Приветствую вас, товарищи!

LOL :D

Cool watches alright. It's too long since I owned a Vostok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,778 ✭✭✭893bet

Is the time on those watches 8.10 in the evening?

I would struggle to adjust to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Amik

I just ran into a post on a watch forum that those models above are Special Edition and only produced for an online shop called Meranom (one of the photos has their watermark).

All sold out there but put myself on the notification list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Not those exact models but there are 24 hour dialed versions on here - https://www.vostok-watches24.com/e-home/e-komandirskie/e-komandirskie-k-65/

• Registered Users Posts: 64,926 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Meranom and Vostok are closely related

I bought from Meranom before, they are good to deal with. Can take several weeks for the watch to arrive here though.

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    Is the time on those watches 8.10 in the evening?

I would struggle to adjust to that!

LOL Yes, you got it: 8:10pm.

I too think I'll get the time wrong for a while as I just glance at the hand position. :P

The way I was told to look at the face is in 4 quarters, that's why I like the crosshairs is the models above:

1st quarter: Sleep
    2nd quarter: Morning
    3rd quarter: Afternoon
    4th quarter. Evening-Night

unkel wrote: »
    Meranom and Vostok are closely related

I bought from Meranom before, they are good to deal with. Can take several weeks for the watch to arrive here though.
    hitemfrank wrote: »
    Not those exact models but there are 24 hour dialed versions on here - https://www.vostok-watches24.com/e-home/e-komandirskie/e-komandirskie-k-65/

Thanks!

The Komandirskie ones don't look bad. I especially like that they have a date complication.

I may hold out for a bit to see if the Amphibia ones restock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Poljot24.de based in Germany have a selection of 24hour watches. They mostly sell Russian brands and you will pay more buying from them rather than direct but the service is excellent and you will be paying German VAT which is currently reduced to 16% I think. The reduction will appear when you go to checkout.
    https://www.poljot24.de/en/uhrtypen/24-stundenuhren-poljot.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

What ^^he^^said!
    Was just coming to post that link.

Can't go wrong with Poljot24.de

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

They are out of stock on the Meranom site but it's worth signing up and requesting an alert if they are available - https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-se/420se/

I have 19 24Hr watches, including the 2 above at last count. You get used to reading the time pretty quickly.

• Advertisement

Daemonic wrote: »
    I have 19 24Hr watches, including the 2 above at last count. You get used to reading the time pretty quickly.

Me buying 19 24Hr watches is my wife's worst nightmare. I'm already investing too much in my little collection. :P

I've set up an alert! There are quite a few variations of that model on the page, all sold out, so maybe it will come back. I may pop them an email tomorrow too.

Poljot24.de based in Germany have a selection of 24hour watches. They mostly sell Russian brands and you will pay more buying from them rather than direct but the service is excellent and you will be paying German VAT which is currently reduced to 16% I think. The reduction will appear when you go to checkout.
    https://www.poljot24.de/en/uhrtypen/24-stundenuhren-poljot.html

Great selection on that site. I see they have the Komandirsie 24 in stock. Thanks!

I just got my first ever email from Russia! If anyone's interested Meranom will be restocking those 24 hours watches above in May 2021.

main-qimg-5e46a20c19039a80f3651232ae419c33

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

You're definitely on a list now. :pac:

Advertisement