Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ford transit bonded window and log book

Options
  • 21-09-2020 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

Looking to install bonded window on ford transit panel van side door.

Do I have to change anything on a log book?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BikingKev

+1 sort of also looking to find out about this. From trawling old threads, I've seen people mention they do it themselves, but I saw somewhere to do the CVRT you need an SQI to sign off on any modifications. Is it easy to get these signoffs? Or if you have to pay the SQI anyway you may as well pay someone to install the windows too?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

BikingKev wrote: »
    +1 sort of also looking to find out about this. From trawling old threads, I've seen people mention they do it themselves, but I saw somewhere to do the CVRT you need an SQI to sign off on any modifications. Is it easy to get these signoffs? Or if you have to pay the SQI anyway you may as well pay someone to install the windows too?

Since my first post I contacted number of organizations and here is the results.

Cvrt centre - no additional requirements.
    Sqi engineer / vehicle body builders - no additional requirements.
    Rsa - yes vehicle characteristics changed, needs sqi report etc for further information and procedures please contact motortax office.
    Motortax - no additional requirements. Single classification regardless with Windows or without.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BikingKev

Cheers for sharing the findings Mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The windows need to be safety rated, so they shatter and not splinter if they're broken.

You're not likely to get any other type of bonded windows but if you use plate glass you'd be in bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Can i hijack this and ask where did you get the side windows for the van?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Can i hijack this and ask where did you get the side windows for the van?

Thanks.

Auto Glass companies have them in stock. And they can install as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Got mine from a mini bus

Advertisement