Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postponed "wedding" but want a civil ceremony asap

Options
  • 13-09-2020 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

We were due to wed in May (HSE at hotel), but when it seemed that wasn't going to happen we postponed to June next year. Our original date was slap down in lockdown, so nothing we could do. Received wedding licence for that date

We already waited a year because we wanted a 2020 wedding, but now having to wait another year on top of that is killing me!

Has anyone managed to pull forward their registry office wedding?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jesso22

jesso22 wrote: »
    We were due to wed in May (HSE at hotel), but when it seemed that wasn't going to happen we postponed to June next year. Our original date was slap down in lockdown, so nothing we could do. Received wedding licence for that date

We already waited a year because we wanted a 2020 wedding, but now having to wait another year on top of that is killing me!

Has anyone managed to pull forward their registry office wedding?

As in, just had the civil ceremony part and none of the frills

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

jesso22 wrote: »
    As in, just had the civil ceremony part and none of the frills

Give them a ring and ask. We're doing just that on the 23rd. Us, 8 guests and a meal in a restaurant afterwards. We've the big party booked for next August but that might get postponed. We have a son so we felt getting the legal aspect sorted ASAP was prudent. The party can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Where were you meant to get married originally?

Registrars are definitely working at the moment, I know a couple of people who’ve been to civil ceremonies in recent weeks. I’d say definitely if you’re not fussed about the day of the week, you’ll get a hse registrar to marry you fairly quickly.

Advertisement