Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Druids Glen Wedding

Options
  • 01-05-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, I am looking into booking Druids Glen as venue for our wedding but was wondering if anyone has any personal experiences of dealing with the hotel? Are they flexible with the package and changing things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Fair few years back attended there as a wedding guest. They were about as unhelpful and exclusionary as yhey could be - the wedding was HUGE, the food was utterly forgettable and they opened a residents bar for sbout 300 guests the size of a family living room. Never again.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I was there as a guest. Food was nothing to write home about, but the one thing that pissed off a lot of guests was the prices in the bar. I don't drink, so I didn't really notice it particularly, but there was a lot of people saying that the price of a pint was way over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've only been a guest at a wedding in DG but the room there has the ultimate no-no for me - the bar isn't in it. It's in the foyer of the function area so unless you're happy to lose 80% of your guests to it at any given time, avoid.

Seriously, it sounds stupid but having the bar inside the function room makes a *huge* difference. Make it a prerequisite for your venue. Genuinely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadmur

Hi all,
    I was looking at Druids Glen for a possible wedding venue in July 2022? Does anyone have any recent experience of weddings there? I know the bar is now in the ballroom but it looks small?

Any feedback welcome.

Advertisement