Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,088 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He nominated the feature ingredient. And it was a themed cook. No different to any other challenge.

That’s what somebody running the pass should be doing imo. Pretty sure we’ve seen other chefs do the same in the past. I’d have no issue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Mellor wrote: »
    He nominated the feature ingredient. And it was a themed cook. No different to any other challenge.

That’s what somebody running the pass should be doing imo. Pretty sure we’ve seen other chefs do the same in the past. I’d have no issue with that.

He "suggested" potatoes, beef, etc, there was more than just a little influence in picking out the dishes.

I didn't like the episode, all very over dramatic about him closing down the restaurant. All he is doing is changing the name and the menu, same decor and the same staff will still be working there with the head chef having more input on the menu. Nothing as dramatic as the episode was portraying.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah that episode was weird. The dishes were steered by George, 100%. The whole "last night at the Press Club" was a bit melodramatic.

George is a bit of a prick in the kitchen too. I don't think I'd like to work for him. :o

I think Nicole will go next.
    Tessa is probably the favourite overall, but if it's another Peter Gilmore dessert, you'd have to give Larissa the edge in the final dish.

I’d like to see Tim do it. Most redemption contests and sent home again in a week or two. He’s really proved he deserved it.
    As predicted Nicole goes home.
    And Peter Gilmore confirmed. Mostly likely will be a dessert. Sorry Tim

I'd have gone with Nicole's dish instead of the flippin' cabbage on the first round. Cabbage! Jesus....

You're right, I think Tim will struggle tomorrow.
    Simon might too, though....

• Advertisement

What did Tessa say heading up to the gantry I missed it something something Larry.

Sounded like "Bring it on, Lari"?

No surprise in the semi-final. Took it like a champ, in fairness. :)

I have to say, I've never wanted to try a dessert more than Peter's Wild Coral dish. That looked absolutely bloody delicious.

Word is the judges aren't back next year.

That's a shock. Wow. Any idea why?

I wonder if this season has been prepping new judges with Matt, Billie and Po?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Mr E wrote: »
    That's a shock. Wow. Any idea why?

I wonder if this season has been prepping new judges with Matt, Billie and Po?

They were only on it a couple of times and didn't seem to do a lot when they were there! Hope not!

• Advertisement

A lot of pressure mounting on George to step down, could be part of the reason

[
    As predicted Nicole goes home.
    And Peter Gilmore confirmed. Mostly likely will be a dessert. Sorry Tim

Ah balls. Disappointed to be right

jester77 wrote: »
    A lot of pressure mounting on George to step down, could be part of the reason
    Nah, it’s a pay dispute. All three are confirmed to be stepping down. Nothing stopping them reaching a deal still. But playing hardball now.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Disappointed in who went home in the semi final. Thought they were doing so well at the start.
    That dessert though looked amazing. Just waiting patiently for the Finale to be posted . It's usually up by now and I am trying to avoid spoilers. ��

Get the feeling the judges had the winner decided before they even started. Full score in the last round, even though some mistakes plus very late service in 2 rounds which didn't seem to matter.

Disagree to a certain extent. Thought the other person was earmarked to win in my opinion.
    Unfortunately my fave came 3rd

jester77 wrote: »
    Get the feeling the judges had the winner decided before they even started. Full score in the last round, even though some mistakes plus very late service in 2 rounds which didn't seem to matter.

It's pretty common the bump up legitimate 8/9s to 10s for the winner. It wouldn't have affected the result as they were right in front.

So Georges Instagram confirmed that none of the 3 judges will be back next year. Gutted. Can't see it working without them

norabattie wrote: »
    So Georges Instagram confirmed that none of the 3 judges will be back next year. Gutted. Can't see it working without them

It was also confirmed during the broadcast last night.
    Feel that the start of the end tbh.

Cook some feckin' meat, Simon. :)

I enjoyed the finale, though I will admit skipping ahead a few times. It was just too long.

The winner cooked the best food and was consistent across all 3 courses. The right person won on the night.

• Advertisement

Here is George's instagram post.

PYfWkHp.jpg?1

All over for another year - interesting that the judges were the ones recently calling for contestants for 2020 if they aren't going to be there. Won't be the same IMO but I said that about bake off and I still love it.

House Rules is finished, the Block NZ is almost finished so I guess its a move over to Survivor Oz - starts tonight and the Block OZ soon :)

The Block NZ is very good this year.

Looking forward to the Aussie version. Starts next Sunday week (August 4th)

The Block NZ is very good this year.

Looking forward to the Aussie version. Starts next Sunday week (August 4th)

Yep its great - although I would love to see one of those 3 teams getting their come uppance some way - starting to irritate me playing the victims all the time!

Couldn't find a date for the Block - yahoo :)

Can you say Mikaere without a New Zealand accent? :)

Can you say Mikaere without a New Zealand accent? :)

Lol nope or deck :)

Well thanks for the recommendations. Have 4 episodes of the block NZ watched already and watched the first survivor.

Say Mikaere. Go on, say it. :)

Aussie Survivor seems good so far.

Is there a thread for it? I was hooked after the first episode.

• Advertisement

Nope. I'll start one. :)

Advertisement