Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

mystic86 wrote: »
    Disaster for Munster with Glasgow beating Leinster! No home semi for Munster. 3 home games now for Glasgow to win the league! Edinburgh and then probably Ulster and then probably Leinster.

Awful result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Disaster for Munster with Glasgow beating Leinster! No home semi for Munster. 3 home games now for Glasgow to win the league! Edinburgh and then probably Ulster and then probably Leinster.

Not a disaster at all...in fact most people thought they would beat Leinster today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Not a disaster at all...in fact most people thought they would beat Leinster today

Eh? Even if they were 1/50 and went on to win it as expected it's still a disaster from a Munster point of view

Eh? Even if they were 1/50 and went on to win it as expected it's still a disaster from a Munster point of view

Only if you think Munster are incapable of beating them in Newcastle

Only if you think Munster are incapable of beating them in Newcastle

In Glasgow you mean? Problem is now we've to play the semi final away to Leinster. If both teams make it etc.

• Advertisement

In Glasgow you mean? Problem is now we've to play the semi final away to Leinster. If both teams make it etc.

No...I meant Newcastle

No...I meant Newcastle

what are you on about? Which Pro 14 game is on in Newcastle?

what are you on about? Which Pro 14 game is on in Newcastle?

I'm taking the proverbial..sorry...
    but, I think we are the form Irish team and I think we are maybe favourite now.,.. Glasgow are good.... but a final a against Munster...I'll bet on us this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Home to Treviso in qf as it stands. Another away semi in Dublin vs Leinster if we win that then.

I think we are the form Irish team and I think we are maybe favourite now.,.. Glasgow are good.... but a final a against Munster...I'll bet on us this year

looks like you're still taking the proverbial with statements like that. I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,883 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eod100 wrote: »
    Home to Treviso in qf as it stands. Another away semi in Dublin vs Leinster if we win that then.

Yeah looks that way

Doubt Zebre will beat Treviso and then Edinburgh beat Glasgow. If so we will get top spot if we beat Connacht

Could be 2 weeks of Munster vs Leinster with one being in Newcastle and other in Dublin lol.

looks like you're still taking the proverbial with statements like that. I hope.

Glasgow have Embra at home yet... think we'll see an upset there, esp after the Ulster result.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I don't think either Irish side is getting to the European final.

Clegg wrote: »
    I don't think either Irish side is getting to the European final.

That's probably correct... Munster on an upward trajectory.. but a year too early . Leinster on a downward spiral.... next season will be telling for their coaching staff

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Glasgow have Embra at home yet... think we'll see an upset there, esp after the Ulster result.

The long season is catching up with Edinburgh . Hard to see an upset in Glasgow

Vinnie222 wrote: »

Quite possibly... but I think they have enough in their locker to do it, we'll worry about that after next Saturday though ;)

I think it's Glasgow's year, 3 games left and all in Glasgow now.

Same length season for the 2 of them with both being in CC qfs but would have to fancy Glasgow on current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Eod100 wrote: »
    Same length season for the 2 of them with both being in CC qfs but would have to fancy Glasgow on current form.
    Edinburgh dont have the strength in depth compare to Glasgow

Same situation last season - they just don't quite have the panel for the business end of the season and the players seem to know it. Ulster were brilliant yesterday but Edinburgh helped them with a fairly tepid performance.

• Advertisement

Bristol beat Saracens there with last minute penalty from Madigan. Not a full starting team but still decent result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

What’s the likely lineup for next week?

I’m guessing something like the following:

1. Kilcoyne, 2. N. Scannell, 3. Ryan,
    4. Beirne, 5. Kleyn,
    6. O’Mahony, 7. Cloete, 8. Stander,
    9. Murray, 10. Hanrahan,
    12. R. Scannell, 13. Farrell,
    11. Earls, 14. Conway,
    15. Haley.

16. Marshall, 17. Loughman, 18. Archer, 19. Holland, 20. O’Donoghue, 21. Mathewson, 22. Bleyendaal, 23. Sweetnam.

Botha and Goggin the 24th and 25th men.

Edit - Forgot about Beirne! 🀦*♂️

I think Jack O'D instead of Cloete...and a possibility of the hookers being reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Is Beirne injured?

Botha will be on the bench, we need his physicality, it’s going to be an attritional game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

What’s the likely lineup for next week?

I’m guessing something like the following:

1. Kilcoyne, 2. N. Scannell, 3. Ryan,
    4. Holland, 5. Kleyn,
    6. O’Mahony, 7. Cloete, 8. Stander,
    9. Murray, 10. Hanrahan,
    12. R. Scannell, 13. Farrell,
    11. Earls, 14. Conway,
    15. Haley.

16. Marshall, 17. Loughman, 18. Archer, 19. Wycherley, 20. O’Donoghue, 21. Mathewson, 22. Bleyendaal, 23. Sweetnam.

Botha and Goggin the 24th and 25th men.

Tyler starts over JJ if he’s fit
    Not even a question on form.

JOD over Cloete is a tight one aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Is Beirne injured?

Botha will be on the bench, we need his physicality, it’s going to be an attritional game

So, possibly:
    7. O’Donoghue, 20. Botha?
    Would you think Cloete is not physical enough?

Either way, I’d personally rate O’Donoghue above Botha, just think JOD offers something more than the bash it up plays that Botha is used for, and O’Donoghue is better at the rucks IMO.

I’m not sure Cloete is playing well enough lately to get into the starting 15, and would rather Botha on the bench if Cloete didn’t start.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Jack to start, Botha to bench. We can't afford to have Cloete in the 23 until he stops being a penalty magnet.

Tyler to start over JJ. It's a small sample size but he's had 2 good games and JJ has had 1 in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

We are going to have Billy V running into us all day, Cloete’s Strength is getting over the ball, having Beirne and POM in the team allows us to go with the bigger players,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Cloete has been a complete menace at the breakdown the past few games, he gets at least a turnover or two on the deck. He's a bit hotheaded alright and if I were Sarries I'd be niggling him off the ball every time possible

I'd still start him, I'd have Botha on the bench too, horses for courses and his impact off the bench is brilliant - JOD loses out for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

With Beirne and O’Mahony aswell as the use of Jack/CJ/Niall we will be rule the floor without cloete. Jod’s Physicality will be needed, we swag in those 20 mins how well he dealt w the likes of Mata and Watson. For me it’s JOD and Botha on the Bench

Advertisement