Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Steven McLean's a cheat.

Just want that to be sat there on the first page :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Tempting fate?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Tempting fate?)

Really :pac::pac::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Really :pac::pac::p

Well we are Champions, that can't be denied.

Time will tell if we're champions again this year!

On a more serious note...

Jason Denayer looks like he's going to be one hell of a player. He's strolled through the season effortlessly, would love to see how easy he'd make a step up in level but so far at Celtic he's looked so relaxed, comfortable and assured.

He's made noises that he'd be happy enough to stay another season, as he's only 19 you'd love him to develop with us playing Champion's League football for another year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

What's the story with CL groups this year? 3 x qualification rounds as per last season again?

Would love to keep Denayer but can't see it tbh. Will be delighted if we can keep him.

Any word on Lustig recently? Seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet.

Well we are Champions, that can't be denied.

Time will tell if we're champions again this year!

Oh now don't be obtuse I don't think you missed what I was getting at Bobby or have you no sense of humour except when laughing at us :p;)

Guys I think he's asking for somebody to explain the concept of "Champions"

Intifada wrote: »

Well, in their language, that would be "Hearts". :pac:

Oh I can assure you I have no need of anyone explaining thd concept of champions to me

• Advertisement

Well, in their language, that would be "Hearts". :pac:

Nah in my language it would be the tic. Let's face it it whey could have given it to them at at the start of the season and anyone who really deep down believes anything else is deluded.

Nah in my language it would be the tic. Let's face it it whey could have given it to them at at the start of the season and anyone who really deep down believes anything else is deluded.

I know, sure who was going to provide competition to Hearts in that league..... certainly not The The Rangers Inc PLC Ltd Intl etc. etc.

"have you no sense of humour"

then proceeds to take two jokes completely literally

Oh now don't be obtuse I don't think you missed what I was getting at Bobby or have you no sense of humour except when laughing at us :p;)

Look at the time I responded, I hadn't had my morning coffee at that stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

What's the story with CL groups this year? 3 x qualification rounds as per last season again?

Would love to keep Denayer but can't see it tbh. Will be delighted if we can keep him.

Any word on Lustig recently? Seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet.

I think the idea is making sure Lustig is ready for the champions league qualifiers in July more then anything else. Totally agree with you about Denayer. Would be over the moon if we could keep him for another year on loan. Not getting my hopes up but at least there is still a chance. Given the words Van Dijk has used in recent interviews it seems like there is a decent chance we could keep him as well. I really think if we make the group stages of the champions league Van Dijk will stay for another season. Time will tell but again at least there are now some positive signs that he may indeed stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Next summer, with only 12 months left on his contract, van Dijk might lose a few million from what he could get right now. But we could easily eclipse that with him in the team next season. It's unlikely to be resolved before our Champions League fate is; if we don't make the group stages he'll be sold but I think the club are in a decent enough position to keep him if we make it (unless he kicks up one hell of a fuss). It's a shame City don't really need him cause he and Denayer make a lovely couple.

rosskind wrote: »
    Next summer, with only 12 months left on his contract, van Dijk might lose a few million from what he could get right now. But we could easily eclipse that with him in the team next season. It's unlikely to be resolved before our Champions League fate is; if we don't make the group stages he'll be sold but I think the club are in a decent enough position to keep him if we make it (unless he kicks up one hell of a fuss). It's a shame City don't really need him cause he and Denayer make a lovely couple.

Another option would be to offer him an extended contract on whatever our max wages are in the summer so that if we make the group stages and he stays he gets rewarded with a pay bump plus we always can still get a good fee for him if he does get sold in the following season or so afterward.

Congratualtions to Tommy McIntyre's U17's they have just retained the Glasgow Cup with a comfortable 2-0 win in the final behind closed doors at Hampden.

Not that we shouldn't try but I'd be absolutely amazed if van Dijk signs a new contract with us. I think the desire to play in a bigger league is of more of a concern to him than money but, even so, he will easily double our max offer (safe estimate) when he moves on. Plus he seems quite hung up on the lack of a call-up to the Dutch squad and playing in Scotland is the biggest reason for that.

Denayer would be a free slot on City's PL and CL squads, although they don't have any restrictions this year so they don't really need him just for the sake of it. Kompany's starting to break down now these days and Demichelis is 34. They'll be spending this summer but they won't wanna waste any on a 4th choice CB. Could they even get a better back-up CB than Denayer? They certainly couldn't get one who'll be as happy to 'only' be a back-up.

http://youtu.be/jXCgwKAH1Uw

40 minutes long but really interesting (imo anyway) lecture by Ronny last year about leadership; the man is a God, we are absolutely blessed.

• Advertisement

There is always the possibility that City loan us a different player other than Denayer, which could work out. Boyatta has been mentioned.

Feels ridiculous being a feeder club to a total non entity like Man City but I think that just sums up football these days.

Friday night game this week. Hopefully a good crowd and a good atmosphere. I really think if we beat Dundee on Friday night we will end up wining the title this weekend as I can see Aberdeen getting held by Dundee United on Saturday.

rosskind wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/jXCgwKAH1Uw

40 minutes long but really interesting (imo anyway) lecture by Ronny last year about leadership; the man is a God, we are absolutely blessed.

I have man feelings for Ronny.

eire4 wrote: »
    Friday night game this week. Hopefully a good crowd and a good atmosphere. I really think if we beat Dundee on Friday night we will end up wining the title this weekend as I can see Aberdeen getting held by Dundee United on Saturday.

Would be pretty disappointing to win the league without kicking a ball. I'm hoping Aberdeen get something. Winning it at the Sheep Pen would be next best thing to winning it at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Would be pretty disappointing to win the league without kicking a ball. I'm hoping Aberdeen get something. Winning it at the Sheep Pen would be next best thing to winning it at home.

Haha I get where your coming from and would enjoy that too. Most important thing that happens is we get a real good performance tomorrow night and then whatever happens Saturday happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

TheCitizen wrote: »

It seems rules are 'excessive formalism' according to Legia! What a weak defence! Their legal team is laughing all the way to the bank advising them that would win the case. To think some people on this forum thought Celtic should have given up their place, LOL

I thought the CAS told them to piss off last year when it happened?

Bet we get Legia in the qualifiers again lol!

• Advertisement

Bet we get Legia in the qualifiers again lol!
    On that note, here are the co-effs for our first round of qualifiers
    Steaua Bucaresti (40.259)
    Celtic - (39.080)
    BATE Borisov - (35.150)
    Ludogorets Razgrad - (25.350)
    Legia Warsaw - (24.800)
    Dinamo Zagreb - (24.700)
    Maribor - (22.225)
    Maccabi Tel Aviv -(18.200)
    Partizan Belgrade - (14.775)
    Malmo FF - (12.545)
    Quarabag - (11.500)
    HJK - (11.140)
    Apollon Limassol - (10.460)
    Molde - (10.375)
    FC Midtjylland - (7.960)
    Videoton - (7.950)
    Dinimo Tbilisi - (6.875)
    KF Skenderbeu Korce - (5.575)
    Ventspils - (5.350)
    Dacia Chisinau - (4.500)
    FK AS Trencin - (4.250)
    NK Siroki Brijeg - (4.250)
    Zalgiris Vilnius - (3.900)
    Astana - (3.825)
    Rudar Pljevlja - (3.375)
    FK Vardar - (3.175)
    Stjarnan - (3.100)
    CS Fola Esch - (2.525)
    Dundalk - (2.150)
    Hibernians - (1.591)

As pish as we were, I honestly thought Legia were a pretty good side for that early in the competition. Hope we get an easier draw this time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement