Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here in the Garda Reserves ?

Options
  • 16-12-2007 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Although this is a Military forum, methinks this would be the best place to have such a thread and info for people who are thinking of joining or are already in.

I've been in it nearly 11 months, anyone else here ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Flying wrote: »
    Although this is a Military forum, methinks this would be the best place to have such a thread and info for people who are thinking of joining or are already in.

No, but I know someone who is and he's a head-the-ball ! Don't know how he got in

Thought RDF would have been more your scene ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Moved to Emergency Services Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

No, but I know someone who is and he's a head-the-ball ! Don't know how he got in

Thought RDF would have been more your scene ?

I personally would'nt touch the RDF after being in the army tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I personally would'nt touch the RDF after being in the army tbh

With an attitude like that you're & we're better off.

Reserve Garda, they don't even get guns, and AFAIK you can do nothing without a real garda ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Please contribute to the other thread in ES - or use this as a newer more coherent one - telling us about it :)

To get the ball rolling, exactly what powers of arrest do you have? And, are you issued with anything other than a notebook or do you have handcuffs/baton etc like regulars?

Seriously thinking of joining the reserves for the experience and as a nice thing to have on a CV in a few years, after I get a degree I intend applying to the regular Gardaí (again).

• Advertisement
Advertisement