Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XV. Round 6. 12th-14th Mar.

Options
  • 11-03-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Friday, 12 March 2010

Hull KR v Wakefield, 20:00 *SS1*
    St Helens v Crusaders, 20:00
    Wigan v Hull, 20:00

Saturday, 13 March 2010

Catalans Dragons v Castleford, 17:30 (may be in trouble due to heavy snow in Perpignan).
    Warrington v Bradford, 17:30 *SS1*

Sunday, 14 March 2010

Harlequins v Salford, 14:00
    Huddersfield v Leeds, 15:00

Wigan/Hull, Dragons/Bradford and Huddersfield/Leeds (reckon we'll have our work cut out) stand out for me this weekend. Hope Quins can steal a win against Salford at the Stoop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Cheers Toom, I am hoping for a Quins win too :eek:. I think it will be a massive, massive blow to the whole project (maybe overstating a bit but things are a bit desperate) if we lose against the Reds. We will go bottom and attendance will shrink further. I just have this terrible feeling the team, on and off the pitch, is running on empty.

Some of the fans on other forums are already talking about getting rid of McDermott which I don't think would do any good. No coach can cope with the lack of first teamers he is coping with (or not coping with) at the moment.

I think the 2 games Sky have picked should be good uns. Was going to say its a shame the basement battle isn't on, but I don't think I could take the stress watching it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Some of the fans on other forums are already talking about getting rid of McDermott which I don't think would do any good. No coach can cope with the lack of first teamers he is coping with (or not coping with) at the moment.

Crazy stuff, no way he can be held responsible. Eye watering injury list, no SL team could cope with it, let alone Quins, who's squad depth ain't the best. I too worry for the team and the game 'dahn sarf' if the current slump continues...

The Catalans game is definitely on by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

With the KR-Wakey game imminent I feel like I want to do what I did when I was 8, watching the Dalek's, do it from behind the sofa!

Can't say I can stomach another horror show like last week. All I ask is for a bit of effort and commitment.

Brough in bin for 1st ten of second half could be telling in trinity's effort to comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Brough in bin for 1st ten of second half could be telling in trinity's effort to comeback.

Reckon it was fair enough decision? The da thinks it was harsh but I think it was just daft from Brough. Saw he was going to play the ball, if he actually thought the tackle wasn't complete then he'd be expecting a penalty, so he knew what he was at.

• Advertisement

WOW what a start to 2nd half. Come on wakefield

iffy video ref award of try. Still great 2nd half from wakefield

It is reassuring to know that the Giants game was just a (big) blip and Wakey have the character to pick themselves up. Take another bow John Kear.

Not a classic team performance from Wakey but some great individual performances. Morrison, Ferguson, Henderson and Tronc were massive in defence and driving the ball in hard, whilst Obst was a everywhere.

The most exciting aspect though is the young, junior players coming through. Murphy and Morton have blistering pace, whilst Davey and Gledhill didn't put a foot wrong and there are a several more waiting for their opportunities.

Congrats Wakey, great result. Hope you haven't annoyed KR too much for us next weekend!

Harlequins leading 12 - 4 at half time.

• Advertisement

Harlequins leading 12 - 4 at half time.

Come on you mighty Quins....going well Doofer?

18 10 up at the mo, bad start for the Rhinos today Toom.

Reds go over again 18 16 now ffs.

18 10 up at the mo, bad start for the Rhinos today Toom.

Reds go over again 18 16 now ffs.

Not a bit surprised tbh, doofer. Thought we'd struggle against the Giants today and seems I'm being proved right. Sooner these bloody tracks harden/speed up the bloody better for us...(at least thats what I'm telling myself).

Try back for Leeds, little (cos I think you have to call him that, well sky think that) Rob Burrow.

Well this season has wooden spoon written all over it, Reds lead 20 - 18.

Wont happen, keep the faith. Once the injuries get back Quins will start to make progress.

26 18 down now game over?

Worry is, only 4 long term absentees now. Purdham, Dorn, Gale and Esders.

Finished 22 - 26 to the Reds. Gutted. Bottom of the league. Points difference of -140!

Leeds lead 18 - 12 at Half time, good comeback so far after being 12 nil down.

26 18 down now game over.

Worry is, only 4 long term absentees now. Purdham, Dorn, Gale and Esders.

Some quality there though, particularly Dorn/Purdham.

12-18 Leeds at the Galpharm. HT

Only takes one good result to kick-start the season - beating Wakey in CC probably;)

A team desperate for their first victory are always going to be dangerous. It's a relief for Wakey that the monkey is off Salford's back for next weekend:D

Expect Dragon fans are going to be calling for Walters head.

• Advertisement

Leeds went down to the Giants in the wind-up. Cant wait for KR at Headingley next weekend. Hopefully we'll manage to get some grass on the turf and play some rugby.

After watching the Giants demolish Wakey so effectively last week it comes as no surprise that they beat Leeds.

Could well see the Giants finishing in the top 3 this season together with Wigan.

Advertisement