Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XV. Round 4. 26th-28th Feb.

Options
  • 25-02-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Fri 26

Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons KO 20:00
    Hull FC v Harlequins RL KO 20:00 *SS3*
    Salford City Reds v Bradford Bulls KO 20:00
    St. Helens v Wakefield Wildcats KO 20:00

Sat 27

Castleford Tigers v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 18:15. *SS2*

Sun 28

Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

World Club Challenge. Elland Road. Sun 28th KO 6:30 Sky Sports 1

Leeds Rhinos V Melbourne Storm.

I'm not going to bother making any predictions this week as I've managed to get it spectacularly wrong so far. Giants V Wire probably pick of the weekend. Backing Wire to unlock the Giants defence. For me though its the action at Elland Road and the World club challenge that concerns the most.....sooner its over the better, Leeds can get shot of it one way or another and hopefully start finding some form...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

With SL being so fascinatingly open this season predicting can be a bit of a lottery (except for Doofer that is:D).

Looking at the first 3 rounds only Wigan beating the Dragons seems to be a banker. The Quins and Wakey could cause surprise away wins and Salford could upset Bradford and get their first win. Wouldn't like to call the Tigers-KR and Giants-Wolves games, but if you twisted my arm I'd go with home wins:p

Afraid the WCC has to be going back down-under:(.

A great weekend of rugby ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Looking forward to seeing the mighty Quins for the first time this season (that feeling usually lasts about 10 minutes into the game, then the nerves begin, then despair!!). Sean Long will probably boss the game, and Hull will open up an early lead before the lads come storming back to lose by 20!!

Unfortunately I think Wakey' is right about the WCC, think Melbourne will probably be a bit too strong. Another month down the line when the Rhinos are in gear I think it would be a much better game, but who knows this year, Leeds could click this weekend.

Absolutely loving the fact, at the moment, some of the less usual suspects are turning over the established Super League elite. Now if someone would kindly beat Wigan I will be a happy man.

Oh, and its the first airing for Quins new away kit, which, with this years home kit, will be "available soon"!!!!!! Hopefully before the end of the season!

Well Quins ended up losing by 24 points, losing 28 - 4 (think our try was a sympathy try!!!). Fairly hopeless through the game and the kicking was abysmal but never mind, its onto the next round with hope again.

Saints beat Wakefield 22 - 16 (unlucky Wakey)
    Wigan hammered Catalan 58 - 0, and Salford lost at home 7 - 0 to Bradford. So Quins stay 3rd bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Dunno what Phil Clarke is on about saying he wouldn't give the try for Hull KR, looked clear to me.

Saints beating Wakey, nice for some familiarity. :pac:
    Odd seeing two 0s on the results list. Harlequins at least managing to keep it from being 3 of them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I don't normally watch, but the fiancee is away for the weekend so I can watch as much sport as I want :) Enjoyed the Castleford Hull KR game, although it seemd that when they went behind at the end that Castleford lost the head a bit and made some bad decisions.

• Advertisement

I don't normally watch, but the fiancee is away for the weekend so I can watch as much sport as I want :) Enjoyed the Castleford Hull KR game, although it seemd that when they went behind at the end that Castleford lost the head a bit and made some bad decisions.

Only saw bits and pieces, but it did seem to be the way. Have a feeling it'll be a bit of a pattern for them, can't see them finishing better than 11th this season.

Make sure you check out the match tomorrow, watch Leeds get whipped. :pac:

Watched most of the game, Tigers had a lot of chances in the first half and fluffed them, then should have closed out second half but fair play to KR (irrationally my second least favourite team in SL (after a KR fan on another forum was less than kind about my beloved London carthorses!!)), who don't seem to know when they are beaten.

Saying that, I like KR's coach who is fairly straight talking and ? was in my team in the NRL that lost the 02 grand final, the Warriors (I know how to pick em!!!)

amacachi wrote: »
    Dunno what Phil Clarke is on about saying he wouldn't give the try for Hull KR, looked clear to me.

I actually fully agreed with Clarkey, Watts clearly knocked it forward and just because he got his hand to the ball as it touched the ground that has to constitute a knock-on:confused:.

Cas demonstrated, when winning at Headingley, that are capable of putting in some big performances but they are, without a doubt, the most frustratingly inconsistent team in SL. Just glad I don't support them:rolleyes:

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    I actually fully agreed with Clarkey, Watts clearly knocked it forward and just because he got his hand to the ball as it touched the ground that has to constitute a knock-on:confused:.

Cas demonstrated, when winning at Headingley, that are capable of putting in some big performances but they are, without a doubt, the most frustratingly inconsistent team in SL. Just glad I don't support them:rolleyes:

He got his hand on it before it hit the ground though, and pushed the ball to the ground, so no knock on surely?

What I can't understand is, if the ball touches the ground after being knocked forward it's a knock-on, plain and simple, surely that should also equally apply in the in-goal area?

If he had re-gathered the ball, and had control of it, before placing it down, then that would be fine, but he merely put his hand on the ball as it hit the ground.

KR should consider themslves very fortunate with VR Ganson's generous interpretation of the rules.

• Advertisement

What I can't understand is, if the ball touches the ground after being knocked forward it's a knock-on, plain and simple, surely that should also equally apply in the in-goal area?

If he had re-gathered the ball, and had control of it, before placing it down, then that would be fine, but he merely put his hand on the ball as it hit the ground.

KR should consider themslves very fortunate with VR Ganson's generous interpretation of the rules.
    He got his hand on the ball before it hit the ground. :S

amacachi wrote: »
    He got his hand on the ball before it hit the ground. :S

Just watched the replay on SLTV and Watts managed only to get the side of his hand (not even his fingers) onto the ball as it hit the ground after completely losing control of it. Even Watts' body language indicated that he didn't think it was going to be given:mad:

I am starting to come round to Tony Smith's point-of-view that it is time to replace the VR.

Just watched the replay on SLTV and Watts managed only to get the side of his hand (not even his fingers) onto the ball as it hit the ground after completely losing control of it. Even Watts' body language indicated that he didn't think it was going to be given:mad:

I am starting to come round to Tony Smith's point-of-view that it is time to replace the VR.

I'm in a mate's and the video won't skip forward so I'll check later, but off the top of my head there was one angle that he didn't seem to get his hand to it and the other showed clearly he did.

Advertisement