Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shold G.P.s be obliged by I.M.O. to have defib.s ??

Options
  • 25-12-2007 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Just a thought.. theres a lot of emphasis as of late on community defibrillators to aid cardiac arrest. is the focal point in any community not the local G.P. Particularly in rural areas.. have only ever came across 1 G.P. who had a defib in his surgery , also pulse oximetry and medical oxygen. Is it not a critical piece of reletively inexpensive equipment (which is also a tax write off) ????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Yes, theres a gp locally everywhere!! And these places treat alot of older people who have a higher chance of getting a heart attack, it should be beyond doubt required, imo, gp's dont do enough pre hospital care in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

I think aed's should be in as many places as possible, remember early cpr and early defib hugely increase chance or survival

Every gp should have one, dfbfirerescue does the d-doc service carry one, i presume they have o2 because i saw one of their response cars nd it had a compressed gas label on the back window along with some other red diamond shaped one which i wasnt close enough to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

The IMO is the "trade union" the Irish medical council is the regulatory body.
    Im sure GPs would love to have AEDs but there is a cost implication, who should pay for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Traumadoc wrote: »
    The IMO is the "trade union" the Irish medical council is the regulatory body.
    By IMO I think dfbfirerescue just meant "in my opinion".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dfbfirerescue

sorry guys I.M.O. should not be in the heading for this post at all.. i apologise.. and as regards D doc, never seen them take out a de-fib.. rarely see them examine a patient i think as well there is a tax write off with buying hardware for a business which is what g.p. s are..what do you think people??

• Advertisement
Advertisement