Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premier League To Restart On The 17th June

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I wonder if this mad splurge of FTA football is going to have any effects. Will this create a demand that cannot be satisfied under the current contract but which might create pressure come the next talks. Could there be a "barker" channel match list on Pick mainly of the WBA v Southampton variety to keep everyone happyish. Would ITV have any interest (maybe not as they haven't bothered getting on board this unusual Covid train)? The BBC won't as they do not want to give hostages to fortune in the licence fee argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Sky Pick HD is now doing broadcasting tests on Satellite as of today.

12363 V 27500
    FEC 2/3
    S2 8PSK
    SID 5829

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Tried this a while ago but no sign of it, would you mind checking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Widescreen wrote: »
    Tried this a while ago but no sign of it, would you mind checking?

It is still working for me. What box or TV are you using atm?

12363 V 27500
    FEC 2/3
    S2 8PSK
    SID 5829

HD version of Pick now at 159 on the Sky UK EPG. SD version at 895.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

HD version of Pick now at 159 on the Sky UK EPG. SD version at 895.

And Freesat 147

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

And Freesat 147
    Bingo

kooga wrote: »
    Bingo

That’s great news

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There’s finally a list of the Premier Sports fixtures until the end of the month. It’s not a very long list mind you, but basically confirmed that they have the 3pms (not that there is many, er, one) and the BBC and Amazon games. The mystery is why they have three games that are on Sky and I can only think that these might be fixtures which they had already picked and they get to keep.

https://www.premiersports.com/premierleague

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

So just to confirm pickHD will air the matches on freesat and fta but the Irish and version will not show them.

• Advertisement

So just to confirm pickHD will air the matches on freesat and fta but the Irish and version will not show them.
    The Irish version of pick is by default on the sky epg . There is no Irish version of pick on the Freesat platform.

So if you have a sky box and want to watch the football you will have to tune it in on other channels

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

kooga wrote: »
    The Irish version of pick is by default on the sky epg . There is no Irish version of pick on the Freesat platform.

So if you have a sky box and want to watch the football you will have to tune it in on other channels
    So someone with an ordinary Sky sub (variety/basic) wont be able to view the football on Pick (Ch. no. 159) unless they get Pick through other channels?

They will - they can watch on Sky One, in HD if they have a HD sub

Needing to resort to Other Channels / Manual Tuning effects a very specific category of people who are not Sky subscribers but are using a Sky box - as was pointed out to me earlier in this thread, that would include some eir Sport subscribers who are ex-Sky customers or who were issued with a viewing card specifically to watch Setanta from back in the days when Setanta could do that.

icdg wrote: »

Needing to resort to Other Channels / Manual Tuning effects a very specific category of people who are not Sky subscribers but are using a Sky box - as was pointed out to me earlier in this thread, that would include some eir Sport subscribers who are ex-Sky customers or who were issued with a viewing card specifically to watch Setanta from back in the days when Setanta could do that.

Correct - I should of mentioned sky 1 but they did just make reference to Pick

There’s finally a list of the Premier Sports fixtures until the end of the month. It’s not a very long list mind you, but basically confirmed that they have the 3pms (not that there is many, er, one) and the BBC and Amazon games. The mystery is why they have three games that are on Sky and I can only think that these might be fixtures which they had already picked and they get to keep.

so does one need PS to have all games covered ? do they have any games exclusively live? Thank you

Yes, they have the Prime Video games exclusively live in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks for that.

Am I right in saying that only a couple of the matches are being shown on Sky One though?

The reason I ask is I have a mate / neighbour who has the very basic sub with Sky (no HD afaik) and I know he wouldnt be able to tune anything into other channels. I could probably pop round and do that for him but then accessing it would probably be another issue for him. He's one of these guys that just refuses to learn to move with the times.

Another little question is in the absence of a HD sub with Sky is Pick SD on a different channel? I think 159 is now the HD version of it.

All of the matches on Pick are also on Sky One.

In Ireland there’s only one version of Pick on the Sky EPG which is SD.

I'm surprised Premier Sports haven't included their Matchweek fixtures for 33-35 which were selected for broadcasting yesterday https://www.premierleague.com/news/1682467

It's good they have the 4 Amazon games, but the first 3 matches are...

C Palace v Burnley
    Everton v Southampton
    Watford v Newcastle

Interesting that all the Sat 3pms in the U.K. are on BT Sport, at least those announced so far. Wonder if that’s by design on the basis that Premier Sports and BT Sport form part of the same subscription in Ireland.

• Advertisement

12363 V 27500
    FEC 2/3
    S2 8PSK
    SID 5829

My HD box version is Vf310c but when I key in this data i get no PICK HD or 5829

Pick standard sd version comes up with the likes of Gold HD

12363 V 27500
    FEC 2/3
    S2 8PSK
    SID 5829

My HD box version is Vf310c but when I key in this data i get no PICK HD or 5829

Pick standard sd version comes up with the likes of gold HD

Pick standard sd version comes up with the likes of Gold HD

Pick HD has been labelled "Pick"

https://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=367

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Interesting that all the Sat 3pms in the U.K. are on BT Sport, at least those announced so far. Wonder if that’s by design on the basis that Premier Sports and BT Sport form part of the same subscription in Ireland.

I'd say Sky had no interest as they will be showing a championship match at 3pm on a Saturday.

Pick standard sd version comes up with the likes of gold HD
    There is no HD dog after Pick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pity Pick are showing the version with the fake crowd noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I don't find it too bad. Better than no sound.
    Game has a touch of a friendly about it.

Pick picture quality is nice - I’m watching it via my my TVs satellite 📡 tuner

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Palpat

Hi all hopefully someone can help. I tried watching last nights Norwich Southampton match on tv with fta satellite tuner. Pick had encrypted message when I tried to watch it.

• Advertisement

what type of receiver is it?

I have no issue tuning Pick onto my Triax combo receiver and my TV's FTA sat receiver.

Advertisement