Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Performances that have blown you away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

dasdog wrote: »
    It was a theatrical masterpiece - an absolute sensory overload. I was in the flat seating area and the sub bass was too much for some people :pac: As brilliant as it was I would only put it down as the third or forth best show I saw last year as there is a difference between performance and overall concert experience. But she is something else to be still creating at that level.

I'm wondering now what were the 2 or 3 performances that topped that for you last year? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Out of all the bands I've seen I think Sabaton were probably one the most memorable.

Great band!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Led Zeppelin Dazed and Confused, Royal Albert Hall

Korn Live - Another Brick In The Wall @ Sziget 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

These give me goose bumps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

2 of my favourites:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Not a performance but always loved this clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

Anyone remember the T mobile Heathrow Welcome Home ad?
    Just an advert but what a performance to pull off all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Saw them for the first time at Oxegen in 2004 and was blown away. Pretty much this stage set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭dasdog

jiltloop wrote: »
    I'm wondering now what were the 2 or 3 performances that topped that for you last year? :D

I actually looked up a post of mine from the gigs forum and I had her down as fifth best of the year and that was posted before seeing Fontaines DC :pac:

Sleaford Mods, Kamasi Washington, Durand Jones & The Indications, Dry Cleaning, Fontaines.

She came ahead of ten others though - it was a wonderful show. I don't think a DVD could replicate the sound scape but it would be nice. The phone footage clips of the tour on YT do it no justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Great thread. Getting a lot of goosebumps!

There are many many great performances from Pearl Jam, love this more recent one.

This one is random, brilliant and probably a bit subjective because I love the song. Aaron Lewis from Staind filmed on a sh!tty phone. He has one serious set of pipes and this makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzwByz9k-Fs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

This was the best play I ever saw. One of the best live shows of anything I have seen. Catalpa. This extract shows Donal O Kelly's power to conjure. It was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭bullpost

This is great - love the drumming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Have you ever come across Youtube clips that have left you in awe?

I came across this one by accident and it just looks genius.

Morricone had to wait till 2015 for the Hateful Eight soundtrack to get his first Academy Award. Totally unjustified and shows the bare faced snobbery in Hollywood. He should have got one 50 years earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

KaneToad wrote: »
    The vocals.
    The moves.
    The theatrics.
    Unexpected and brilliant.

Well that was a massive let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Paco DeLucia's Rumba, on YouTube. Sounds great in good quality headphones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Paul McGrath vs Italy in USA'94..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 9,532 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

tusk wrote: »
    First time I saw Disturbed perform Sound of Silence, I had tears.

I cringed so much my ears met at the back of my head when I heard it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭pummice

It is my Happy Song (TM). Every time I am down that is actually the exact video I watch to cheer up again. And it works every time.

Perhaps KaneToad overstaded it's brilliance a bit but that video will forever have a place in my heart :)

It is hard to pick a performance that "blows me away" every time I watch it. Not many do. But the last time I saw a performance that blew me away the _first_ time I saw it is easy to pick. It absolutely has to be this one. Not because it is brilliant or amazing or transcendent. But simply because I did not see it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bewareofthedog

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

The one to one gigs blew me away I think

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Elvis goes into his own little solo, goes ape!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

There's a version of Man in the Box by Alice in Chains that I always go back to, live in Dallas, it's just audio. Layne Staley's vocals are even better than the recorded version imo. Also the unplugged version of Down in Hole.

Down in a hole unplugged.....haunting. Still my favourite band of all time after all these years !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Down in a hole unplugged.....haunting. Still my favourite band of all time after all these years !

Same as! Great going back to listen to all the bootleg stuff on Youtube that wasn't available when growing up. The Dallas show I mentioned is incredible, Layne on top form throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

was at a christmas concert in WIT about three years ago when music students put on a show with all sorts of instruments and musical styles . For one act they all came together and performed that music from braveheart . it was UNBELIEVEABLE you could almost see and smell the highlands . Hair standing on back of the neck time .
    You know that split second in between when a performer stops playing and the applause starts , you could have heard a pin drop for about 3 seconds everybody was mesmerised then the place erupted . Can honestly say i never heard anything like it live or recorded
    I can often be quick enough to say '' youngsters today bla bla bla ... but by f..k there are some great ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

I can't help myself. A watch it and all that springs to mind is a young Joe Dolan nursing a leaking colostomy bag.

Advertisement