Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance query

Options
  • 17-06-2019 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Quick question, if a court order is in place for a dad to give the mam weekly maintenance for the child and the child comes to stay with the dad for a week/ten days, would the dad hold onto that weeks maintenance or would he still have to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

No he still needs to pay.
    I had that issue with my son's dad a few years ago where if my son stayed more than the usual odd weekend with his Dad I wouldn't get maintenance for that week. My solicitor set him straight though ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The only time ye dont do what the court order does is either, ye agree yourselves on the fly, or there's a new court order.

Advertisement