Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hiking walking shoes

• 08-10-2020 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I see few on Amazon but dare I say to cheap to feel there good quality etc. I'm a size 12 and wide fit. Anyone help me in the right direction?) Seen these but know nothing about them or brand. Revenues mehh too. Gelert-Horizon-Waterproof-Breathable-Trekking/dp/B01LYI3N0Q on Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

I just bought Gelert from sports direct. Only worn once so cant really say to much other than they were comfy. Kid has same brand and they are good.

Look at https://www.decathlon.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

If your hiking buy a good Gortex pair of boots, Meindl’s should last you years. I have Salewa’s at the mo, they are good but had to return my last pair to Salewa who replaced them with a new pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭rogeyspoint

If you have a wide foot, meindl offer that choice. Salewa, salomon and the majority of few others are standard fitting. I believe hanwag do wide fitting upon request.
    I have the meindl bhutan. Specifically made for uk/irl market and goretex. It depends what type of hiking you are going to do really. Bhutan is a three season boot. Bit heavy for flat trails, asphalt and not that comfortable. Merrell are also good for trail and lighter boots with goretex too. Nice roomy toebox too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,023 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I bought some recently enough from north face
    Very good quality but not cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 doubledouble

Ended up with pair of trespass online nice all-round shoe cheers lads

Advertisement