Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Nightmare You Ever Had?

• 18-10-2020 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Had a wojus nightmare last night. Was being kept in some kind of kennels in Tipperary and a baldy runt of a man with a little walking stick was forcing me to mate with mastiffs. I appeared to be performing the role of a female in the dream, although I am male, and sure enough I was mothering eight little pink mastiff pups in the dark grubby dungeon towards the end of the dream. They were hairless, blind, quadrupedal creatures, with pink skin like a human baby, but were already quite dirty as the lair was filthy. I was trying to keep them clean and warm despite being revolted by their appearance. All the while giant mastiffs skulked around in the shadows awaiting their next lay.

Terrifying really. Not quite the same since I woke up.

What are some of your worst dreams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jaysus Christ.

Sounds terrible. Fookin Tipperary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

tjdaly wrote: »
    I was trying to keep them clean and warm

awh!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

i don't have bad dreams

Being trapped in a confined space with my family for months on end with no escape... Oh no that's just 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jaysus Christ.

This recurring dream that all the pubs and niteclubs are closed. Couldn’t be spontaneous. Women in masks everywhere. Pent up sexual frustration.

And liverfool winning the premiership.
    Horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I had a dream that an earthworm was living in my ear.

It was only last night.

I had another dream the other night where the metropolitan police were raiding the phibsborough church for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

If I told you my worst nightmare, it would give you all future nightmares, so in the interest of you all getting a good nights sleep. I'll keep my mare to myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

tjdaly wrote: »
    I appeared to be performing the role of a female in the dream, although I am male

Sounds like you should be posting to the transsexual forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

No one else? Was looking forward to hearing about people's worst 'once in a lifetime' nightmares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Boards had a continuous problem with 404 errors

No hold on that was real...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Pigsaw

A episode of sleep paralysis where I was lying on my bed, unable to move or make a noise, while people were coming into my house to kill me.

Imagine being trapped in living nightmare, that's what it felt like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That I was married..... I woke up and I still am....

Its a life sentence, I'd rather do time in the clink.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭eastie17

Pigsaw wrote: »
    A episode of sleep paralysis where I was lying on my bed, unable to move or make a noise, while people were coming into my house to kill me.

Imagine being trapped in living nightmare, that's what it felt like.
    I’ve had that too, faceless figures in monk robes around the bed, I’m awake, can see them but can’t move. Not awake of course

The feeling you're falling, then you hit and jump while still sort of awake, feels so real....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,087 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Dreamt I had a scab on my forehead, just at my hair line. I was picking at it. A big chunk of dry skin came off on my hand, I looked in a mirror and I could see my skull under it. I tried to put it back, but it just crumbled and the hole got bigger, revealing more skull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Had a dream recently that I bumped into a friend of mind who I don't see very often. I asked why she hadn't been around, she told me that she had been teaching in Africa and ended up in prison there, she told me that she had a baby and beat it to death but while she was telling me I could see the whole thing happening, it was horrific. I could never tell her this, she'd find it very upsetting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭Archeron

I was in Leixlip being chased by a clown on stilts. As if clowns aren't fukcing terrifying enough at ground level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

One vivid one i can recall about driving into a river.
    Then i was both dying and in trouble with the police for causing a traffic accident. And i was going to be found guilty no doubt, prison sentence etc.

Then i woke up and oh god that feeling is amazing.
    Its like you are in a sht tonne of trouble, and then youre just not. God its amazing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I was being swallowed up, in a bloody and horrific way by a hippopotamus whilst out kayaking on Lough Ree on the river Shannon. :(

Matt BLEEDIN Damon, thought I was having a nightmare that there was a thread for him....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Matt BLEEDIN Damon, thought I was having a nightmare that there was a thread for him....

I don't even know who Matt Damon is ....

Matt Damon..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

eastie17 wrote: »
    I’ve had that too, faceless figures in monk robes around the bed, I’m awake, can see them but can’t move. Not awake of course

I've had sleep paralysis dreams with robed figures standing over my bed too. They seem to be moving their hands as if casting an incantation.
    Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Loads of them. I have more good than bad dreams, but I seem to be either blessed or cursed with remembering them.

Worst one was pretty long, but basically I woke up in a spooky tower. Was traveling up and found a room to sleep. Woke up then (in my dream) to find somebody had been in the room as there was a chicken in the microwave(?). Anyway, headed back down to try and escape, and found the exit which was a river leading to the tunnel, but the tunnel was full of spikes. I knew that it was the only escape, but everybody broke their legs if they tried. At this stage there were a lot of robed figures standing at different heights on the cliffs around, just watching. So I jumped. Next thing I came to (in my dream again), and i was setting the broken legs of somebody else who had jumped.

That one stays with me a bit!

Another one, I was a fox who got caught in a water mill and mangled to death. That’s the only one I remember dying in. Loads of those hanging from a cliff, stuck on a ledge ones. It’s like an episode of How Did They Get There from Rick and Morty.

And one from childhood where my dad got caught in an escalator and dragged in, and a rolling pin popped out.

Ok. Maybe need some therapy now. But, there are a lot of good ones too. But it all makes falling to sleep a bit unnerving sometimes, as it’s essentially a different life in there where anything could happen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I dreamt a few nights ago that there was a woodlouse in my Weetabix. That was unsettling.

Worst one ever was that I'd killed someone, and was with the family when they were about to find the body. An intensely horrifying combination of panic and guilt, that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Paul murphy was taoiseach

richard boyd barrett tanaiste

ruth coppinger - minister for finance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Yep. I've also had monks around my bed performing some kind of ritual. Very spooky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had a nightmare where I was trapped on a factory conveyor belt on my hands and knees. Guy Smiley from The Muppets was chasing me on the conveyor belt shouting "Oompah, oompah" over and over again while trying to bite my feet.

Another unsettling dream where I was on the bridge in Limerick between John Street and Mary Street. I was with my Jack Russel dog Misty that I had in childhood. Misty jumped onto the bridge, dived into the water and swam down into the depths, never coming up. I was crying that I lost her forever before waking up.

One of the creepiest dreams I had that I was wondering around Southill House in Limerick. I entered a room to see a figure wearing an old Plague mask sitting on a rocking chair that appeared dead. As I approached the figure he started rocking back and forth violently on the chair while making a high pitched whining sound before running at me trying to gore me with the beak of his Plague mask. I couldn't get back to sleep for hours after that dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,900 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Meath beat Dublin in an All-Ireland Senior Football Final last minute goal. I woke up terrified and in a sweat.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I opened the door and Rory McIlroy was there. He said he wanted to clean the windows.
    I know he is not playing the best at the moment but ... :confused:

Advertisement