Originally Posted by sameoldname
Ok, so you've gone from:
1) Don't trust the media, they lie. I don't like Trump but they lied about Trump.
2) Trump was charged over Russian collusion.
3) Trump was charged over Russian collusion and was found not guilty.
4) Ok, Trump wasn't actually charged over Russian collusion or found not guilty.
5) Don't trust the media, they lie. I don't like Trump but they lied about Trump.
Do you see where I might have got the impression of spin?
Sorry what the hell are you talking about? None of that happened at all. The only thing that happened was he used the word "charged" inaccurately in terms of a legal sense at first, then when you pointed it out he corrected his error.
If he wished he could easily argue with you that he was using the word "charged" in a different context (which he effectively was) if he was also a pedant but he did not bother. He took it back straightaway, so I can't understand what your continuing issue with it is. Are you really so happy you observed a small mistake?
An intelligent person who had actual points to make wouldn't bother with such pedantry or might just make a small note of it. You went from:
1. Pointing out he used the word charged wrong.
2. Pointing out words matter.
3. Pointing out his mistake was really bad.
4. Putting up a bunch of steps supposedly made in error.
Jesus the mileage you're trying to get out of one slight error of using the word "charge" is beyond parody. Cop onto yourself.