Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-11-2019, 00:46   #16
wildeside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameoldname View Post
As I said, pointless...

There was no such charge, I've already pointed that out to you. The investigation was looking into foreign interference in the presidential election 2016. Trump was never charged with anything, do I have to say it again?

But hey, I get it. It's important to stay on message.
Jesus Christ. You're pointing out he wasn't charged, as in was not found guilty, of a crime he was accused of

https://theintercept.com/2019/03/25/...ueller-report/

What part of all of this did you miss exactly?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-11-2019, 00:48   #17
nthclare

This reminds me of the time that the Americans couldn't come up with a pen that worked in space, so NASA tried all kinds of ways to invent a pen that could write in zero gravity..

A Russian cosmonaut suggested that they use a pencil its more practical and theoretical..

What I'm saying is the Russians had **** all to do with the American election, if you believe that you're thick.

The people voted with their own conscious, I know people in America who were going to vote Hillary and at the last second they said **** this I'm not voting for her.

I suppose the Russians told them to do it with some kind of mind frequency....

lol
Thanks from:
17-11-2019, 00:49   #18
Overheal
Covfefe Connoisseur

Send a message via ICQ to Overheal Send a message via Skype™ to Overheal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW Lover View Post
Roger Stone didnt have a relationship with Wikileaks. The information he passed to Trump about Wikileaks had been circulated in the media a few days before. It was (relatively) common knowledge.
I’m not sure that’s what his conviction papers say
17-11-2019, 00:59   #19
sameoldname

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildeside View Post
Jesus Christ. You're pointing out he wasn't charged, as in was not found guilty, of a crime he was accused of

What part of all of this did you miss exactly?
What government department had charged him with anything? Do you understand what the word charged means in this context, because you've used it twice now. And just so you know, when somebody is charged with a crime, it means the government is accusing them of a crime. When they are found not guilty, the word is acquitted. But he was never charged, so he was never acquitted. Get it now?
17-11-2019, 01:07   #20
wildeside

Quote:
What government department had charged him with anything? Do you understand what the word charged means in this context, because you've used it twice now. And just so you know, when somebody is charged with a crime, it means the government is accusing them of a crime. When they are found not guilty, the word is acquitted. But he was never charged, so he was never acquitted. Get it now?
You're playing a semantic game to avoid the issue. Trump was accused of wrong-doing which, had it turned out to be true, would have resulted in him being charged with a crime.

And the media establishment went on a massive conspiracy theory, tin-foil hat wearing witch hunt for several years over this

Are you really ok with this just because it was all directed at Trump?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-11-2019, 01:16   #21
Overheal
Covfefe Connoisseur

Send a message via ICQ to Overheal Send a message via Skype™ to Overheal
Quote:
You're playing a semantic game to avoid the issue. Trump was accused of wrong-doing which, had it turned out to be true, would have resulted in him being charged with a crime.

And the media establishment went on a massive conspiracy theory, tin-foil hat wearing witch hunt for several years over this

What does “OLC” mean to you?
17-11-2019, 01:17   #22

Quote:

It's ridiculous the amount of time and energy that has gone into it already and it's still going on.
I'd agree on the amount of spin and focus. Trump is the birther guy so most what's said about him by the mainstream and in comment sections,tweets etc doesn't need to be said.
He won the election I think it's important he is voted out.
Did they ever actually put the focus on why trump ! No cos that would bring conversation back around to something they don't wanna talk about...
Isn't it funny with all the things you could throw at trump they keep bounding the one drum that suggests that their expert analysis/correct outlook is not wrong.
17-11-2019, 01:17   #23
sameoldname

Quote:

I'm ok with it because 9 people and counting ended up in jail due to that "witch hunt".

Surely, as a person seeking the truth you must be delighted that all of that came to light?
Thanks from:
17-11-2019, 01:25   #24
sameoldname

Quote:
You're playing a semantic game...
And just on this point, the words you've been using have very specific meanings when it comes to legal matters. You complain about media and political spin but then you use words that have real meanings and bandy them around in whatever way you feel like to make whatever point you feel like pushing. You're as guilty of spin as any journalist or politician.
Advertisement
17-11-2019, 01:25   #25
wildeside

Quote:
I'm ok with it because 9 people and counting ended up in jail due to that "witch hunt".

Surely, as a person seeking the truth you must be delighted that all of that came to light?
Yes I absolutely am delighted that corrupt individuals were exposed for their crimes. And I hope Trump goes to jail too if he can be found guilty of crimes. I hate the man.

But the ends do not justify the means. The crime the media committed in all this will go unpunished. Lies corrupt a society, little ones in small ways and big ones in ways that can end up with hundreds of thousands of people dead (Iraq WMD anyone?)

The truth matters.
Thanks from:
17-11-2019, 01:28   #26
wildeside

Quote:
And just on this point, the words you've been using have very specific meanings when it comes to legal matters. You complain about media and political spin but then you use words that have real meanings and bandy them around in whatever way you feel like to make whatever point you feel like pushing. You're as guilty of spin as any journalist or politician.
I'm not trying to "spin" anything. I'm not a lawyer. Accusations were made against Trump that turned out not to be true. Which were knowingly not true as it turns out. It was a circus and a deliberate one. That's all I'm trying to point out as well as the seriousness of how the media establishment behaved in all this. It was Iraq WMD all over again except luckily this time thousands of people didn't die as a result.
(2) thanks from:
17-11-2019, 01:40   #27
sameoldname

Quote:
I'm not trying to "spin" anything. I'm not a lawyer. Accusations were made against Trump that turned out not to be true. Which were knowingly not true as it turns out. It was a circus and a deliberate one. That's all I'm trying to point out as well as the seriousness of how the media establishment behaved in all this. It was Iraq WMD all over again except luckily this time thousands of people didn't die as a result.
Ok, so you've gone from:

1) Don't trust the media, they lie. I don't like Trump but they lied about Trump.
2) Trump was charged over Russian collusion.
3) Trump was charged over Russian collusion and was found not guilty.
4) Ok, Trump wasn't actually charged over Russian collusion or found not guilty.
5) Don't trust the media, they lie. I don't like Trump but they lied about Trump.

Do you see where I might have got the impression of spin?
17-11-2019, 02:06   #28
paleoperson

Quote:
Ok, so you've gone from:

1) Don't trust the media, they lie. I don't like Trump but they lied about Trump.
2) Trump was charged over Russian collusion.
3) Trump was charged over Russian collusion and was found not guilty.
4) Ok, Trump wasn't actually charged over Russian collusion or found not guilty.
5) Don't trust the media, they lie. I don't like Trump but they lied about Trump.

Do you see where I might have got the impression of spin?

Sorry what the hell are you talking about? None of that happened at all. The only thing that happened was he used the word "charged" inaccurately in terms of a legal sense at first, then when you pointed it out he corrected his error.

If he wished he could easily argue with you that he was using the word "charged" in a different context (which he effectively was) if he was also a pedant but he did not bother. He took it back straightaway, so I can't understand what your continuing issue with it is. Are you really so happy you observed a small mistake?

An intelligent person who had actual points to make wouldn't bother with such pedantry or might just make a small note of it. You went from:

1. Pointing out he used the word charged wrong.
2. Pointing out words matter.
3. Pointing out his mistake was really bad.
4. Putting up a bunch of steps supposedly made in error.

Jesus the mileage you're trying to get out of one slight error of using the word "charge" is beyond parody. Cop onto yourself.
17-11-2019, 02:14   #29
KWAG2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
You have to wonder about accounts that are dormant for a decade and then resurface to spread the gospel of conspiracy theorists.
Putin gave this sleeper agent a boot up the arse in the troll factory.
Thanks from:
17-11-2019, 02:26   #30
sameoldname

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleoperson View Post
Jesus the mileage you're trying to get out of one slight error of using the word "charge" is beyond parody. Cop onto yourself.
No, I'm pointing out that the guy comes on here who claims to "seek the truth" but asks no questions. Then proceeds to soapbox on about the media spinning lies while he himself uses terms that imply that something happened which never actually happened. He also tries to conflate media and political spin in the case of Trump with government propaganda used to justify the war in Iraq.

I find it pitiful that people would believe any of that to be honest discourse.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion