Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-10-2019, 18:49   #1
Foweva Awone

Black work trousers

Any suggestions for work trousers (preferably black but not necessarily) that are very low-maintenance, i.e. that i can throw in the washer/dryer and hang up straight away without ironing. I recently bought pairs in Penneys and Dunnes and both went straight to charity shops after the first wash because they were all creased, I don't even own an iron, ain't nobody got time for that.
Advertisement
21-10-2019, 18:53   #2
ReginaldSmythV

Those light hiking ones like regatta etc are great for low maintenance. Not the best time of year for them though.
Thanks from:
21-10-2019, 19:04   #3
Duvet Day

NEXT might have them.
Thanks from:
21-10-2019, 19:20   #4
meeeeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foweva Awone View Post
Any suggestions for work trousers (preferably black but not necessarily) that are very low-maintenance, i.e. that i can throw in the washer/dryer and hang up straight away without ironing. I recently bought pairs in Penneys and Dunnes and both went straight to charity shops after the first wash because they were all creased, I don't even own an iron, ain't nobody got time for that.
Black polyester is probably what you are looking for. The nastier the better. Just don't expect anyone complimenting your trousers.
21-10-2019, 19:20   #5
Foweva Awone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaldSmythV View Post
Those light hiking ones like regatta etc are great for low maintenance. Not the best time of year for them though.
Now that's one place I'd never have thought of looking, thanks, will have a look there tomorrow. I think they've a big sale on at the moment too.

I should also mention that I'm size 14-16, so I'm not skinny. My office is not very dressy (but not casual enough for jeans), and I mostly wear flat shoes.
Advertisement
22-10-2019, 15:22   #6
Twee.

Asos ones aren't too bad for creasing, I've definitely worn them to work straight from the dryer a few times.

This is the particular style I have https://www.asos.com/asos-design/aso...icated%20taper
24-10-2019, 12:09   #7
Sunny Dayz

Try Tesco. They won't be far off the quality of Dunnes mind, but I had a black shift dress for the office from Tesco and you could roll it in a ball and it wouldn't crease. They dried quite quickly, I didn't put them in the dryer.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion