Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness Pro 14- Tv Viewing Options

1121314151618»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Note that it only works on your main sky box.

If you have sky q mini boxes, eir want 32.50 a month, the absolute shower of chancers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

So tonight we find out for sure if Premier Sports is geo blocked for the Pro14. I actually think that there's a chance it might not be. Virgin have the full Irish rights for Champions League and Europa League football, but it's not geo blocked on BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

awec wrote: »
    Eir Sport have a deal at the moment for Sky customers, €14.99 a month for the first 6 months, then €29.99 for the next six months.

But there's no 12 month contract, you just need to give 30 days notice, minimum term 2 months.

So after 6 months I'll just ring up and cancel if they don't keep the price at 14.99.

Have they clarified if games will be shown on Eir Sport 2 as well, which is not available to SKY customers? I queried this with them a few weeks ago and they couldn't tell me which channel games would be on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

So tonight we find out for sure if Premier Sports is geo blocked for the Pro14. I actually think that there's a chance it might not be. Virgin have the full Irish rights for Champions League and Europa League football, but it's not geo blocked on BT.

On the Sky EPG, Pro14 coverage is replaced with “This is Premier Sports” in listings which is usually a pretty sure sign that it’s going to be blocked. The UEFA football is a bit different in that the rights BT won actually included ROI on a non exclusive basis.
    Zzippy wrote: »
    Have they clarified if games will be shown on Eir Sport 2 as well, which is not available to SKY customers? I queried this with them a few weeks ago and they couldn't tell me which channel games would be on.

This weekend at least, games involving the provinces (except Connacht) are on eir Sport 1, games not involving the provinces are on eir Sport 2, and Connacht is on TG4 (as is Munster but that is also on eir Sport 1).

Oh, and Munster is on the UK version of FreeSports too (not the ROI version which is showing La Liga instead).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭kooga

yes there are games on eir sport 2 starting today with cheetahs v glasgow at 6pm

icdg wrote: »
    On the Sky EPG, Pro14 coverage is replaced with “This is Premier Sports” in listings which is usually a pretty sure sign that it’s going to be blocked. The UEFA football is a bit different in that the rights BT won actually included ROI on a non exclusive basis.

This weekend at least, games involving the provinces (except Connacht) are on eir Sport 1, games not involving the provinces are on eir Sport 2, and Connacht is on TG4 (as is Munster but that is also on eir Sport 1).

Oh, and Munster is on the UK version of FreeSports too (not the ROI version which is showing La Liga instead).

PS website says Pro 14 back tonight every game every round (UK Only)

I honestly don't think eir sport really know their arse from their elbow, and can't tell you what's happening too far in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I wouldn't be surprised if the eir sport 2 coverage ends up on Virgin Sport. Why have that channel on the satellite platform and not carry games. It is only taken up on Tues/Wed/Thurs with Champions League/Europa games, leaving it as the perfect partner to carry the Pro14 games on Fridays and Saturdays.

This would allow eir to pull their evision product.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Just checked to confirm,
    Eir Sport coverage this evening, https://www.eirsport.ie/tv-guides

Eir Sport 2 - Live coverage starts 6 p.m. for Cheetahs V Glasgow,

Eir Sport 1 - Live coverage starts 7:30 p.m. for Ulster V Ospreys,

both matches are repeated on both channels later on at night.

TG4 have 1 hour of highlights of the Ulster v Ospreys match at 11:05 p.m. tonight too.
    https://tg4.ie/ga/sceideal/?dTime=1569592211

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Yeah there's no way I'm paying for a package which I can only get half of because of the platform I watch it on, and miss quite a few games because of that. If they at least put the other games on Virgin, maybe. Meh. Gonna have to find another way to watch... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭determinations

Yeh, I'm cancelling my eir broadband sub after the RWC, no reason to stay for half the coverage. I'd normally watch all the televised games but this year I'll be sticking to whatever TG4 have and the highlights.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Yeh, I'm cancelling my eir broadband sub after the RWC, no reason to stay for half the coverage. I'd normally watch all the televised games but this year I'll be sticking to whatever TG4 have and the highlights.

As has been said elsewhere, you have to give them a months notice, so if you wait until the end of the world cup to cancel, you'll be stuck with them until early December. All the knockout games are on RTE, so you won't need Eir after Oct 13th if you're not bothered about missing Pro14 games.

I wouldn't be surprised if the eir sport 2 coverage ends up on Virgin Sport. Why have that channel on the satellite platform and not carry games. It is only taken up on Tues/Wed/Thurs with Champions League/Europa games, leaving it as the perfect partner to carry the Pro14 games on Fridays and Saturdays.

All well and good until there’s a clash of live events. Doesn’t often happen (in fact as you mention VM Sport is uniquely for a sports channel largely devoid of all live sport at weekends) but it can happen - international football breaks do see the channel carry weekend coverage as part of the “Week of Football” concept.

It’s not the same situation as eir Sport and Premier Sports formerly were where the two channels were being run out of the same building and clashes could be avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

ROI rugby viewers being shafted it seems to me re Pro 14 coverage. It would actually be to their advantage if Eir Sport folded and Premier Sport was available without geo blocking Pro 14 matches. Here in N. Ireland we get Premier Sports and Eir Sports 1 whose Pro 14 coverage is not geo blocked unike their RWC coverage. Surely viewers south of the border should be able to watch Premier Sport coverage of Pro 14?

It’s a different situation though. The alliance between eir and Premier continues in NI - all viewers of eir Sport 1 in NI are Premier Sports customers, so no subscription revenue is lost. Whereas in the Republic since 1st August Premier Sports and eir Sport are now two completely different packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Have Vodafone Siro here which supposedly includes Eir Sports & Premier Sports
    (I lie it does!)

No problems accessing Premier Sports 1, however when I try to go to Premier Sports 2 - nothing......

Anyone else?
    -Toppy-

Believe it or not Premier Sports 2 live coverage of Cheetahs vs Glasgow was geo blocked for viewers in N. Ireland last night. Someone either saw my post or pushed wrong button!

Both premier sport and eir sport apps all working well in Croatia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

kooga wrote: »
    Both premier sport and eir sport apps all working well in Croatia

That is the great thing about the eir app. I watched games abroad last year. I could even chromecast it to the tv. No need to be finding a pub.

• Advertisement

Ulster on Eir Sport 2 tonight so of course, unavailable on Sky.

The sooner this shower of half-arsed, amateur gob****es sod off the better.

Bring back free to air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Bring back free to air.

Those of us who got to watch Connacht about twice a year previously are happy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Bring back free to air.

Spot on

Can’t happen soon enough, I’ve barely seen any rugby this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

nowtv has both premier sports 1 and 2 blocked tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

Juwwi wrote: »

Balls, was only a matter of time, was just hoping it'd be a bit longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭OldRio

Bollox.

• Advertisement

If I lived south of the border I would be livid. Here in NI we get Premier Sports1 /Premier Sports 2 and Eir Sports 1.

Advertisement