Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dynamite!! 2010 **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Semmy Schilt vs. Stefan Struve - Too close to call again :mad:

Damn me and my incredible matchmaking skills, I should replace Joe Silva :rolleyes:

I actually should've said the same as you as far as this fight is concerned! It's almost a guy fighting in a mirror! Although Schilt would obviously have the pedigree, he wouldn't have the speed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I actually should've said the same as you as far as this fight is concerned! It's almost a guy fighting in a mirror! Although Schilt would obviously have the pedigree, he wouldn't have the speed etc.

Schilt destroys him on the feet, Struve destroys him on the ground, that's how I'd see it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Schilt destroys him on the feet, Struve destroys him on the ground, that's how I'd see it :p

Exactly this. Only thing similar about them is their height, they use it in completely different ways. I don't see how Struve gets it to the ground and I'd imagine he'd eat a horrendous amount of shots trying to get it there!

I think Shilt takes it any way it goes. Struve hasn't impressed me at all so far.

I think Shilt takes it any way it goes. Struve hasn't impressed me at all so far.

Are you having a laugh? How can you not be impressed by Struve's flying kree?

seyn1y.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

22, fighting in the UFC and with a few wins too,just beat mc corkle who beat mark hunt pretty easily who would be a well respected athlete all around the world (mostly k1 world yes), turned around and beat Stonjic in germany ufc 99 after he got BUST up in the first round, impressesed me anyway. Also had the chance to talk with him backstage at ufc 99 in germany, very sound humble dude, I dont think hes winning any UFC HW titles but hell yeah he gets the thumbs up from me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Tones69 wrote: »
    22, fighting in the UFC and with a few wins too,just beat mc corkle who beat mark hunt pretty easily who would be a well respected athlete all around the world (mostly k1 world yes), turned around and beat Stonjic in germany ufc 99 after he got BUST up in the first round, impressesed me anyway. Also had the chance to talk with him backstage at ufc 99 in germany, very sound humble dude, I dont think hes winning any UFC HW titles but hell yeah he gets the thumbs up from me :)

he has heart and a very exciting fighter thats for sure, he is only 22 and still learning and improving, i do have a feeling that once he puts on 50 pounds or so in the next year or so that he will be a proper contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Looks like they got Duffees visa through since its finally official.
    And im not sure how much camera perspective plays a part in this but Overeem looks to dwarf Duffee.
    1293611585_medium.jpg
    Press conference quotes from MMA Fighting:

Alistair Overeem - "I will wait and see what DREAM decides (about the DREAM heavyweight title). I think Todd is ready to put on a hard fight, and he has a great record so far, so a title fight is possible. I do know once I have the belt I will defend it. Anyone is welcome to come here and challenge me, and I will fight absolutely anyone to defend it."

Todd Duffee - "I’d like to clarify one thing. I asked my manager for this fight. I had heard that (DREAM) were having trouble finding an opponent, and that many people had turned down the fight. Every fight is a risk. It was a chance to fight a great opponent and to fight in Japan. I’m not here to have a padded record or anything; I just want to see what I can do. This was a good chance to do that against a great name."

Alistair "Demolition Man" Overeem (33-11)
    Win Brett Rogers - TKO (Punches) Strikeforce
    Win Kazuyuki Fujita - KO (Knee) K-1 - Dynamite
    Win James Thompson - Submission (Guillotine Choke) Dream 12
    Win Tony Sylvester - Submission (Guillotine Choke) UG 11

Todd Duffee (6-1)
    Loss Mike Russow - KO (Punch) UFC 114
    Win Tim Hague - KO (Punches) UFC 102
    Win Assuerio Silva - TKO (Punches) JF 11
    Win Josh Bennett - KO (Punches) ANFC 2
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/12/29/1902010/snapshot-of-the-day-alistair-overeem-vs-todd-duffee-is-official

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What time will this be on and is there an official paid for stream?

• Advertisement

Looks like they got Duffees visa through since its finally official.
    And im not sure how much camera perspective plays a part in this but Overeem looks to dwarf Duffee.
    1293611585_medium.jpg

5302501015_be9aecc6fc_o.jpg

Much clearer.Overeems neck wins by a good margin though :pac:

Much clearer.Overeems neck wins by a good margin though :pac:
    On another side note by me... Overeem has the biggest triceps I think I've ever seen, they're humongous :eek:

Those crazy Japs!

Aoki v Nagashima will have special rules. 2 rounds, the first round consisting of a Kickboxing bout and the second an MMA bout.

I'm presuming Nagashima would only get into the ring with Shinya if he had a chance to actually hit him and not get his arm pulled off within the first 2 minutes of the fight.

I thought there was some kind of cointoss to determine which rules the first round would be fought under. I do hope the first one is K-1 rules, watching Aoki being punched is very enjoyable :-p

Jayo_M wrote: »
    I thought there was some kind of cointoss to determine which rules the first round would be fought under. I do hope the first one is K-1 rules, watching Aoki being punched is very enjoyable :-p

Source
    DREAM officials clarified the "special rules" for Aoki vs. Nagashima. One three-minute kickboxing round will be followed by a five-minute MMA round. Open-finger gloves will be used, and if a winner hasn't been determined by knockout or submission, the fight will be declared a draw.

Officials also clarified the rules for a Bob Sapp vs. Shinichi Suzukawa special-rules fight. The fight will be held under MMA rules, but the fighters won't wear gloves. Closed-fist strikes are not allowed, though palm strikes are.

• Advertisement

So we pretty much have pancrase aswell. This is gonna be a fun event :D

I LOVE Dream!! :D

The Sapp fight is basically a fix, being fought under IGF (Inoki Genome Federation) "special" rules, with IGF being a pro-wrestling company.

The Sapp fight is basically a fix, being fought under IGF (Inoki Genome Federation) "special" rules, with IGF being a pro-wrestling company.

10/1 on Sapp to win by Atomic Leg Drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

What time is this likely on to be on in GMT? Around 9/10am is it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What time is this likely on to be on in GMT? Around 9/10am is it?

I think so, its to air at 4am eastern time in the States so add 4/5 hours, I forget which.

I think I prefer staying up till half 6 on a satuday night/sunday morning watching an American event, to getting up at 9am on a day off :D

Overeem v Duffee will now be an interim title fight.

A completely pointless gesture if you ask me.

Also, Sylvia now replaces Duffee on the Tital Fighting card he was due on..... i know it probably wouldn't have worked, but i'd have prefered to see Sylvia v Overeem. That's a title fight i'd have believed!

God forbid Duffee actually winning now, that'd surely be the end of Dream.

There's an interesting article on Sherdog today about Overeem and how he's effectively being groomed to be a huge celebrity in Japan, to try and make K1 mega popular again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Why is it an interim belt if there is no heavyweight champion to begin with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Niall0 wrote: »

Because it's Japan!

Niall0 wrote: »

I think the important question here is, if they're crowning a HW Champ, why aren't they giving Kinniku Mantaro a shot?

Bob%20Sapp%20Dynamite.jpg

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I think the important question here is, if they're crowning a HW Champ, why aren't they giving Kinniku Mantaro a shot?

Bob%20Sapp%20Dynamite.jpg

Used to watch that all the time when I was younger :pac: Called Ultimate Muscle back in the day over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

mod edit - no illegal streams please

mod edit - no illegal streams please

That one-hour delay is good for those of us who got up an hour late :D

Come on german!!

• Advertisement

Is it just me or does Sergei look alot slower nowadays? I know his knees give him alot of trouble, but his boxing looked alot slower than it used too.

Yeah even Trigg noticed it :D

Quick finish in the end though all the same

Ahright, didn't notice Trigg saying it. Trigg hasn't been decent commentating tonight, besides advising pretty much everyone to retire!

Yeah I thought that was a bit strange from Trigg:D

Can anyone explain Nagashima to me!!???

Holy Sh** Aoki got Knocked out!

I think Aoki's dead!?! :eek:

Can anyone explain Nagashima to me!!???
    It's just his gimmick...I hope :-p

What a great finish to that fight, talk about justice after that farce of a first round!

It's just his gimmick...I hope :-p

What a great finish to that fight, talk about justice after that farce of a first round!

That first round was brilliant :P I just wish I could kick like Aoki :rolleyes:

Cmon The REEM!

• Advertisement

That's exactly what I thought!:pac:

I just wanted to make sure Aoki was okay before I started laying into him, but he totally deserved it, even though he did show a nice couple of dropkicks/spinning wheel kicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Woke up slightly too late and missed Aoki.

At least made it in time for the reem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

C'mon the Reem

For a split second i really thought he was about to pull a Mayhem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That lasted long :pac:

Overeem must've broken a rib with that knee! :eek:

Never mind.. Was the left hook..

• Advertisement

Wow. Won, and won well, can't ask for anything more!

Another belt that won't be defended.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Another belt that won't be defended.

It will, at Dynamite!! 2012 :-p

Jesus, his gf is hawt...

Now... Come on JLB!!

What is it about top level judo fighters having such poor offensive submission skills?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement