Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S9+ €569 Amazon.de

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

I was planning on getting the one plus 6 but at this price I may as well look into the Samsung! Seems like a great phone for the price. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Anyone got an idea on where to get the cheapest 256GB s9+ version? Been looking for one but cheapest I've seen in Europe is in Komplett for 879. Would like to get one but debating if it's worth waiting for black friday for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭biebiebie

You could be waiting!
    Why not just get the 64GB and buy a decent SD card?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oh, I'm so tempted having missed the deal last time round.

Would Deutsche version be OK here, there's nothing like Google Pay or whatever that wouldn't work?

Was leaning to a OnePlus 6T to replace my aging 3T, but with a Sammy at this price, it's hard to ignore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

biebiebie wrote: »
    Why not just get the 64GB and buy a decent SD card?
    CGI_3 wrote: »
    It's dual SIM too!

Had almost clicked, and about to put a new S8 on adverts, when I realised you can only have the 2nd sim OR the sd card.

Still a great price, but I guess it would need to be the 256 if one really wants dual sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Top_Guy

Had almost clicked, and about to put a new S8 on adverts, when I realised you can only have the 2nd sim OR the sd card.

Still a great price, but I guess it would need to be the 256 if one really wants dual sim.

I think you can have either of the following with this phone (open to correction here) :

1) 2 sim
    2) 1 sim and 1 sd card

You cannot have -

3) 2 sim and 1 sd card at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Top_Guy wrote: »
    I think you can have either of the following with this phone (open to correction here) :

1) 2 sim
    2) 1 sim and 1 sd card

You cannot have -

3) 2 sim and 1 sd card at the same time

Precisely, so in a nutshell if you want dual sim, which is why you bought a dual sim phone, then you cannot use a sd card at all.

That's a common scenario all right with these hybrid SIM/SD card systems.

Have it with my phone also, but overcame it with a cheap add-on bought on AliExpress for just over a Euro!

Seems like it's an option on the S9+ also.
    All you need is a case which will cover it.
    https://youtu.be/rENPLzhppiU

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Rida

Will this phone work in Ireland (german version)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Rida wrote: »

Yes, no problem. The first thing on the setup screen when you turn on the phone is select your language. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Rida wrote: »

Well if it is like the German S8 which a few of us bought on another thread here, then yes, no problem.

Startup in German, change over to english straight away, and adapter for the charger.

I'd be 100% confident myself. Obviously, won't be buying another phone again so soon though.

There's other threads too saying these German phones are no issue, just have a look around google and even here on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Startup in German, change over to english straight away, and adapter for the charger.

I use one of these to "permanently" modify the charger to Ireland plug: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/travel-adapters/7839568/

It clamps around the charger so makes it all a single unit. Nothing like travel adapter crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Precisely, so in a nutshell if you want dual sim, which is why you bought a dual sim phone, then you cannot use a sd card at all.

That is a bit of a bummer allright. Not sure what Samsungs logic is there.

I have a dual sim S5 and it has 3 slots so you have 2 sims + sd card slot. Seems like a step back :confused:

byte

I ordered one anyway last night, so thanks OP.

I'll just need to get a case/cover and perhaps a screen protector. I still have the original screen protector on the 3T! The 3T has had a Spigen NeoHybrid cover on it since day 1 and it's still hanging in, so I might go with Spigen again, though I like the look of those Samsung folding covers that have the LED display or something on the outer cover.

I have a few of those plug adapters that are mentioned above, glad to hear they'll fit the Samsung charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I don't get why they're listing German, French, etc versions. Aren't the unlocked just all EU versions in Samsungs? And what's the 'Other' version?

byte

Patww79 wrote: »
    I don't get why they're listing German, French, etc versions. Aren't the unlocked just all EU versions in Samsungs? And what's the 'Other' version?
    Hmm, I hadn't given it much thought, just assumed the paperwork inside would be German/French, etc depending on which was chosen?

Scrolling down, I noticed
    Versand: Dieser Artikel wird, wenn er von Amazon verkauft und versandt wird, nur in folgende Länder versandt: Deutschland
    which translates as
    When sold and sold by Amazon, this item will be shipped to the following countries only: Germany
    So I guess I won't be getting it. Didn't get any more email updates after my confirmation last night.

byte wrote: »
    Hmm, I hadn't given it much thought, just assumed the paperwork inside would be German/French, etc depending on which was chosen?

Scrolling down, I noticed

which translates as

So I guess I won't be getting it. Didn't get any more email updates after my confirmation last night.

It does say it ships to Ireland though. You should get one if/when it ships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I ordered one as well last night. Good job i did as it is now showing at €646.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

How long do these usually take to deliver, seeing as they don't state an estimated delivery date?
    I was hoping to get it by Christmas. I should have it before then??

• Advertisement

My order is showing an estimated delivery date of Oct 29th to Nov 6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I ordered one yesterday and shipped it to my parcel motel and added one day shipping for €9,07. I purchased the €1000 parcel motel insurance for €7. It will arrive to parcel motel today and I will have it tomorrow. VAT is also cheaper when shipping to parcel motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

DonJose wrote:
    I ordered one yesterday and shipped it to my parcel motel and added one day shipping for €9,07. I purchased the €1000 parcel motel insurance for €7. It will arrive to parcel motel today and I will have it tomorrow. VAT is also cheaper when shipping to parcel motel.

Did the same, with a 128GB microcard included!

My order is showing an estimated delivery date of Oct 29th to Nov 6th
    DonJose wrote: »

Thanks. Mine is not showing a delivery date.

[IMG][/img]5pq4g8.jpg

Thanks. Mine is not showing a delivery date.

[IMG][/img]5pq4g8.jpg

Ah nuts. I ordered a case with the phone as well. The Delivery date is for the case. The phone is showing the same message as you. I didn't look at it properly.

Mine was just delivered to Parcel Motel. It took 32 hours from when I placed the order to it being delivered. Ordered at 1am on Monday.

Delivery By UPS
    Tracking ID

Tuesday, 23 October
    9:16 AM
    Delivered

Netownabbey, GB
    8:09 AM
    Out for delivery

Newtownabbey, GB
    8:09 AM
    Initiated customs clearance process

Newtownabbey, GB
    5:45 AM
    Out for delivery

Newtownabbey, GB
    5:35 AM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility

Newtownabbey, GB
    4:41 AM
    Parcel left the carrier facility

Castle Donnington, GB
    3:41 AM

Castle Donnington, GB
    3:22 AM

Koeln, DE
    2:21 AM

Koeln, DE
    1:10 AM

Koeln, DE
    Monday, 22 October
    9:02 PM

Langenhagen, DE
    5:36 PM

Langenhagen, DE
    5:36 PM
    Parcel received by carrier

LANGENHAGEN, DE
    Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit
    DE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

Price has gone back up! :(

byte

Ah nuts. I ordered a case with the phone as well. The Delivery date is for the case. The phone is showing the same message as you. I didn't look at it properly.
    Mine also not showing a delivery date. Kinda regretting not doing the PM method. Ah well, it'll hopefully arrive next week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Barr wrote: »

That is a bit of a bummer allright. Not sure what Samsungs logic is there.

I have a dual sim S5 and it has 3 slots so you have 2 sims + sd card slot. Seems like a step back :confused:

The logic is that there is only so much room for different components. A module for dual SIM and a separate SD card doubles the space required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,707 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I use one of these to "permanently" modify the charger to Ireland plug: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/travel-adapters/7839568/

Does anyone still plug in their phone to charge it? Haven't done that myself in years :p

And yeah it's either dual SIM or single SIM + micro SD on the S9+

Exactly the same as on my S8+

Was tempted myself to put my phone on adverts and go for this at €569, but not so much at €639

Mine's been shipped. Delivery date of October 30th.

Mine's been shipped. Delivery date of October 30th.
    did you order to ireland or parcelmotel?

Ireland. Standard post.

Ireland. Standard post.

I live in hope so.

byte

byte wrote: »
    Mine also not showing a delivery date. Kinda regretting not doing the PM method. Ah well, it'll hopefully arrive next week...
    Mine has been dispatched, albeit with iParcel...

Off to a good start anyway :D
    3:41 pm
    The transport service is delayed. The delivery may be delayed.

• Advertisement

My phone arrived today and I'm delighted I got the S9+ instead of the S9. It's the same size as my old S7 Edge but the screen is a lot bigger. I bought a screen protector and case and it's so thin. Delighted with this purchase. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭CWF

Just missed out on the 569. Dropped my S6 into the Jacks today. Have it two years to the day. Alas, any similar offers etc. please keep us posted. And thanks op, great find.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anyone got an idea on where to get the cheapest 256GB s9+ version? Been looking for one but cheapest I've seen in Europe is in Komplett for 879. Would like to get one but debating if it's worth waiting for black friday for it.

Seagull-UK on Amazon have it for 826.
    Damn damn pricey in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,707 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

CWF wrote: »
    Dropped my S6 into the Jacks today.

All the S phones from the S7 are waterproof. So an accident like that won't be as catastrophic once you upgrade :p

unkel wrote: »
    All the S phones from the S7 are waterproof. So an accident like that won't be as catastrophic once you upgrade :p

Haha cheers, it's actually working again now! Miracle

• Advertisement

Would ye trust the seller on Adverts? The ones with hundreds of positive feedback, around mid €600s? I'd still feel a bit windy about buying from them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Would ye trust the seller on Adverts? The ones with hundreds of positive feedback, around mid €600s? I'd still feel a bit windy about buying from them...

I bought a few phones off Adverts. Just don't get one without a receipt and do all the recommended checks before meeting seller and while meeting seller - before handing over any cash. If s/he is genuine that won't be a problem.
    I also bought the S9+ second hand, as new, from amazon.es a couple months back for less than 600 and everything worked properly. Phone was also in perfect condition. Came with the original box, all new accessories and of course guaranteed by the seller anyway. I've since sold it (at a little profit) and moved to a new phone.

Only issue buying it second hand is that you can't insure it. I was told a couple years back that I needed a receipt with my name on it from one of the main shops. Might not be the case anymore or might not be an issue for you anyway.

Deal is back on!
    This time available in Midnight Black and also Lilac Purple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭celticsfan

I will buy one of these as a gift,is it the german version we buy to work here or does it matter??? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Nino09

Just ordered one , Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I'm sooo tempted.. but realise that there will be a big sale on the 11th for Xiaomi and Huawei and One plus phones. And then there's also Black Friday coming up. So I can see this price dropping even more for the S9+, especially since there's so many new phones out that don't have a bezel, this phone suddenly looks dated. So I'm gonna wait this month out

I also hate the Bixby button on this phone, big turn off for me. I understand you can disable it but it's still going to be there

I also hate the Bixby button on this phone, big turn off for me. I understand you can disable it but it's still going to be there

If it's disabled then why does it matter if it's there?

Because I could press it instead of the volume button which is annoying and its bloat that I'm never going to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,554 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

kaji wrote: »
    I'm sooo tempted.. but realise that there will be a big sale on the 11th for Xiaomi and Huawei and One plus phones. And then there's also Black Friday coming up. So I can see this price dropping even more for the S9+, especially since there's so many new phones out that don't have a bezel, this phone suddenly looks dated. So I'm gonna wait this month out
    S9 is a lot of things but it definitely doesn't look dated,one of the best looking phones on the market.

• Advertisement
Advertisement