Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you be in favor of Drone fast food delivery?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

So you're ok with the thousands of bike/car/van journeys that are currently needed, but not ok with drone delivery because it will clog up the skies?

I hope the people in the article get regulatory approval :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Not talking to someone when ordering, not talking to someone when delivering, not talking to someone as you eat...Sign me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I would be very much in favour of drones delivering fast food, if I was a seagull. I would be getting free meals every day. No more having to cook or go to seagull restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I would if the delivery price stayed the same.....you know it wont with some bull like "excess drone charge"

Greta Thunberg will track ye down and... stare very vigorously at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd have fairly serious concerns about safety. Especially when combined with the fact that so many people walk down the street while looking at their phone.

It might work okay in rural or suburban locations but I can only see problems in an urban setting!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Not talking to someone when ordering, not talking to someone when delivering, not talking to someone as you eat...Sign me up :D

Really? That makes me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Wait for the little scumbags to start shooting them out of the skies with catapults.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭pgj2015

So you're ok with the thousands of bike/car/van journeys that are currently needed, but not ok with drone delivery because it will clog up the skies?

I hope the people in the article get regulatory approval :)

i dont want my view ruined by thousands of these drones delivering junk food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭chrissb8

If I sat out in my back garden and all I could see were f*****g drones flying around as I tried to enjoy a shepards sky I would be very p****d off.

So no. No drones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Oh YES please!

Perfect for us remote dwellers. lol...would sometimes love fish and chips..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

More people against it?

No need to drone on about it! The skies the limit.

More people unemployed?

No thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

if it works then yes ... but it would be hard to get it working in a apartment based city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Can't wait to see these flying around, they'll be great target practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

chrissb8 wrote: »
    If I sat out in my back garden and all I could see were f*****g drones flying around as I tried to enjoy a shepards sky I would be very p****d off.

So no. No drones.

Good point too actually.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Hyperbole much.

Not even remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Hyperbole much.

not really. think about how many people will be ordering take aways at any one time. the constant buzzing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Regulation is important here, for a number of reasons.

The wildlife concern is an important one. As is the concern about drones randomly flying overhead.

Realistically anything operating deliveries outside of IAA control, should be obliged to follow existing ground paths and operate at a minimum average height that results in little disturbance, maybe 30m. That is, the drones should be required to follow roads and paths to get to their destination and fly 30m above it.

This will ensure that the impact on wildlife is minimised and we don't have to deal with drones flying over public space or outside our upstairs windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I would think the drones would be getting attacked by birds like seagulls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Be nice to able to order a slab of cans and 40 fags from the comfort of your couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Greta Thunberg will track ye down and... stare very vigorously at you.

WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I would think the drones would be getting attacked by birds like seagulls.

If the seagulls don’t get them, the Langoliers will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Sounds like pie in the sky to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

How the hell is this suppose to work.
    ..people will shoot them out of the sky

Its a joke surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I would be 100% against such a move, I cant see it happening, thousands of drones flying around the country delivering your snack box, pizza etc its a crazy idea and i hope it never sees the light of day.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/drone-fast-food-deliveries-could-go-live-later-this-year-conference-told-1.3910170

why are you against the idea?

if the drones are all 'green' then this is great.

Also as people can see who is getting deliveries (and probably will know from whom because these things will be plastered with their logos) then it would also serve as a deterrent for those who worry about their weight. Can't lie to say its a metabolic problem when your neighbours see 10 deliveries a week

• Registered Users Posts: 34,532 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The streets are busy enough as is. Last thing we need is to look up at the sky and have that full of crap flying about too.

Plus the buzz, jesus that buzz. Bad enough when it's just one. Imagine what potentially hundreds would sound like at once?

Living under a vuvuzela. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Yep, I'm all for it. I'd imagine that the drones would have to follow existing public roads, only higher up. I doubt anyone will be seeing these flying randomly around peoples property. I suppose they'd be called Drone corridors.

Advertisement